Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Album showdown on BBC4

13»

Comments

• Options
    Can't let this thread sink onto page 2 yet.
  • Options
    Only saw the last show but really enjoyed it. Hopefully they will do some more. Hearing Ray Charles reminded me of family weddings when I was young.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Now, see, I was waiting for the promised return to his favourite all time album: Todd Rundgren's A Wizard/A True Star. I had a little chat to Danny Baker after one of Todd Rundgren's Jazz Cafe shows last year, and he was an absolute gent.

In fairness to Baker he did mention Todd as his 'Bakers dozen' .....
    I enjoyed this series, and although I have a pretty closed mind to music it did make me think again about music genres, especially the Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye which I always forget to acknowledge. Played some Joni Mitchell last night from the ladies website, such wonderful music....... going to check out some of the artists mentioned.
  • Options

Is the R n B one going to be about real R n B, or the modern mainstream dross they now call R n B?

Oh per-lease

• Options
    edited February 2013

Agree. Enjoyed this one more than the rock although the dividing line between pop and rock is very vague. Ziggy was one of the rock albums picked but Hunky Dory was pop.

Lol!

According to you or the programme? (I haven't seen it yet)
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Now, see, I was waiting for the promised return to his favourite all time album: Todd Rundgren's A Wizard/A True Star. I had a little chat to Danny Baker after one of Todd Rundgren's Jazz Cafe shows last year, and he was an absolute gent.

Me and Todd and Chris Holland after that show. He was a proper lovely bloke land nothing's like as mental as expected.

The episode of live from daryl's house (episode 40) filmed at Todd's house in Hawaii is totally and utterly brilliant, especially I saw the light, didn't I blow your mind this time, and everytime you go away. Google it.
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

Is the R n B one going to be about real R n B, or the modern mainstream dross they now call R n B?

Oh per-lease

Rick, if they had come up with an original name for it, I wouldn't have a problem. Sorry old chap but it genuinely grates on me, I am not just being a cock for the sake of it ( for a change).