Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Brazil

Comments

• Options
    Ashley Cole to get his 100th cap. Whatever people think of him, he's been one of Englands top performers of the last 15 years, especially at tournament level.
  • Options
    Yep he's always been a solid left back for us.

Lot of 2006 WC players been recalled by Scolari apparently for tonight.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Ashley Cole to get his 100th cap. Whatever people think of him, he's been one of Englands top performers of the last 15 years, especially at tournament level.

Yep a good player no doubt , but was he as good / better than Stuart Pearce , or Kenny Sansom?

I'm not sure.
  • Options
    2-2 Gerrard, Walcott
  • Options
    Maybe technically better than Pearce but I doubt there'll ever be a better English left back than Psycho for everything he was.

• Options
    are there still cheap tickets available?
  • Options

Yep a good player no doubt , but was he as good / better than Stuart Pearce , or Kenny Sansom?

I'm not sure.
    In terms of ability I think Cole was the better of those three (although Samson was a bit before my time).

I hope he gets a decent reception, getting to 100 caps is an amazing achievement especially as I doubt many of those are Beckham style cameos.
  • Options
    Pretty much all of those 100 caps must be starts i reckon.
  • Options
    Yeah all of them, was on ssn
  • Options
    One of the best left backs in the world still and has been at the top of the game for a while, had a season or 2 blip where i thought he was under performing. Still a twat though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congrats to Cole - incredible achievement.

Ronaldinho back in the Brazil team as well!
  • Options
    Only Julio Cesar, Ronaldinho and Fred survive from their 2006 WC squad.

Julio Cesar, Dani Alves, Ramires and Luis Fabiano from 2010 WC.
  • Options

Agreed. Definitely one of the most consistent and you rarely see him have a bad game in an England shirt.

As an aside, I met his Mum the other day. She's best mates with my Senior Manager. Bit of useless information for you there lol.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    In FIFA rankings Brazil are currently 18th, one place below France and 7 behind Greece.
  • Options
    18th?!
  • Options
    I think because they are hosting they don't have any qualifiers so they don't score points. Joke system.
  • Options
    Stick to rugby JT.
  • Options
    FIFA World Rankings top five:

1. Spain
    2. Germany
    3. Argentina
    4. Italy
    5. Colombia
  • Options
    Top 3 you can't really argue with. Colombia !
  • Options
    Colombia 2:0 Paraguay
    Chile 1:3 Colombia
    Colombia 4:0 Uruguay

Thats their last 3 qualifier results, so theyve scored plenty of points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Falcao
  • Options
    Colombia are decent and they'd probably beat us. Most of their defence and midfield play in italy and then up front they've obviously got Falcao, plus the 2 from Porto (James Rodriguez and Jackson Martinez).
  • Options
    That's the Falcao Effect for you
  • Options
    dizzee said:

are there still cheap tickets available?

Follow @Twickets on Twitter
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It'll show how good/bad/indifferent we are. I hope Brazil put a decent side out and not their version of the Harlem Globetrotters/Old Boys Club. England tend to raise their game against the better sides .. e.g. v Spain
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    se9addick said:

I'm not sure.
    In terms of ability I think Cole was the better of those three (although Samson was a bit before my time).I hope he gets a decent reception, getting to 100 caps is an amazing achievement especially as I doubt many of those are Beckham style cameos.
    I'm inclined to agree.

Ray Wilson and Terry Cooper are the only two other English left backs I've seen that might be as good as him, although one Powell C wasn't bad either but then I could have red glasses on!
  • Options
    Ronaldinho playing?! Thought he was a spent force.
  • Options
    Cant believe some people who can't stay quiet for a minutes silence.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Ronaldinho playing?! Thought he was a spent force.

Cue him getting a hat trick
  • Options
    Pleased for Cole, the only england player to have been the best in the world in his postion of the last 10 years or so IMO.