Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Carragher

Comments

• Options
    What accent has the goading father got ?

Is that a scouse Manc fan , that could be a bigger crime than spitting
  • Options
    No matter what was said to him and by whom, that is disgusting and he should be sacked by Sky immediately. No place for that kind of behaviour. I'd rather be punched than spat at.
  • Options
    The dad should be getting points on his licence for use of a handheld mobile whist driving. But Carragher should be sacked by Sky, especially as all the pundits slaughter players for spitting and they don't do it at kids.
  • Options
    Punditry in general is a load of w@nk. You can't avoid them on a live match on the television or wireless, but modern technology provides a solution.
    If your television is on the right channel you can delay watching for half an hour or so, wind back to the start, then watch the programme and fast forward to the action past the talking bollocks heads.
    The fact that Lineker gets paid so much provides anti BBC ammunition. Carragher was never relevant and is now history surely.
  • Options
    Absolutely tramp.

He tweeted that he'd apologised to the family whilst making the excuse of being goaded 3/4 times and also stating that there is no excuses.

• Options
    Think he has gone...sounds like all involved though were unsavoury characters.
  • Options
    Disgusting behaviour - what sort of fully grown adult spits at someone?
  • Options
    The perfect ambassador for Liverpool FC.
    Goaded or not, no excuse for behaviour like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The goaded line don't wash with me.

He was in a car he choose to undone his window not like he is walking in the street and feels trapped,in his car you would think he could ignore it window up look straight a head.

• Options
    Morons in both cars.
  • Options

Just emailed sky to tell them that if they don't sack him I will cancel subscription. If enough people follow suit it may have an effect.

Bit strong.
    I'll just turn the sound down like I normally do when he's on.
  • Options

The goaded line don't wash with me.

He was in a car he choose to undone his window not like he is walking in the street and feels trapped,in his car you would think he could ignore it window up look straight a head.

The dad's a dick but there's no excuse for what Carragher did.
  • Options

Just emailed sky to tell them that if they don't sack him I will cancel subscription. If enough people follow suit it may have an effect.

Would you actually cancel if they didn't?

• Options
    Yep probably going to anyway, pissed off with them at moment.
  • Options
    The bigger question is how many hub caps did he manage to chore off the camera car?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think he winds down the window thinking the goader may be a Liverpool fan, then he gets the tame 2-1 taunting and there's a small swerve towards each other by both cars and then he spits .
    I mean seriously 2-1 is hardly the worst goading ever , what a dick

This. To react like he did was completely OTT. Probably shows the kind of character he is
  • Options

Think he winds down the window thinking the goader may be a Liverpool fan, then he gets the tame 2-1 taunting and there's a small swerve towards each other by both cars and then he spits .

absolutely, insults towards his family or something and I could have understood it.

To spit after that shows the blokes character. Really admired him a player, like a better Steve Brown but the blokes a scumbag and showed it here. Has to go and I do think Sky will do the right thing.
  • Options

absolutely, insults towards his family or something and I could have understood it.

To spit after that shows the blokes character. Really admired him a player, like a better Steve Brown but the blokes a scumbag and showed it here. Has to go and I do think Sky will do the right thing.
    Can’t see that Sky have got any other option really.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

No words

He would have taken abuse from supporters his whole playing career but loses the plot when confronted by a 14 year old girl and her dad. Spitting at someone is when you are filled with such hate and rage...especially as an adult

No amount of apologising will work here. He's done.

Having said that, I get the feeling that this might be like that episode of extras where the press end up saying Andy millman punched the mum in the face.

The dad and daughter were awful and the truth is also slightly exaggerated.

What did the daughter do wrong?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Dave2l said:

No words

He would have taken abuse from supporters his whole playing career but loses the plot when confronted by a 14 year old girl and her dad. Spitting at someone is when you are filled with such hate and rage...especially as an adult

Having said that, I get the feeling that this might be like that episode of extras where the press end up saying Andy millman punched the mum in the face.

Nothing. Not sure how she was 'awful' either.

The dad was a bit of an idiot with the phone but what he said to JC was hardly offensive.

Disgusting over reaction of a bloke of about 40. Hope they sack him.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

No words

She got a load of scousers flob in her boat.
  • Options
    The daughter did nothing wrong. 2-1 is hardly offensive and no amount of piss taking deserved that reaction.

He must be feeling very ashamed of himself today and has embarrassed his family. He's well thought of in the local community. Sponsors youth teams in the area, turns up at end of season's award barbies to give out medals, very approachable. But this... nah. Gross.

You cant forget that image.
  • Options

Can’t see that Sky have got any other option really.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11286913/jamie-carragher-issues-apology-for-altercation-on-saturday

Agree that he should go, but I think Sky are hoping it'll go away. The tone of the short article published this morning on their website is all about his apology.

40 years old, multi millionaire retired sportsman and television personality. Some weird Scouse Man U fan shouts the score at him a couple of times and that's all it takes for him to start spitting at their car. What a weirdo!

This article reckons Sky will keep him:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-carragher-loses-pundit-role-14399140?utm_source=google_news&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google_news&utm_content=sitemap

He travelled to London from Liverpool as planned on Monday morning and will speak to Sky bosses in the afternoon, where they will look to make a decision on his future.

Mirror Football understand that Sky are not likely to sack Carragher, but he will spend two weeks off screen as part of a break that was already booked prior to the incident coming to light.
  • Options
    Whatever the circumstances, there are no excuses for spitting .. disgusting behaviour. He brings himself and Sky Sports into disrepute. Should be disciplined and given a final warning about his future behaviour.
  • Options
    He should be made to down a pint of of SAF's sputum live on Monday Night Football.

He'd be gattered after about 2 mouthful's mind.......