Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pope Resigns

Comments

• Options

He probably been watching that Brian Cox programme on BBC2 and realised they are all talking complete bollocks so might as well jack it in.

That would be brilliant. He could have a new pope mobile like this:

• Options
    Paolo di Canio 16/1 because:

- they're looking for an Italian
    - he knows how to do a good Fascist salute, which seems to help
    -he's already worked one minor miracle getting a lovely club in that lovely place Swindon challenging for the Championship

Sure would liven up the Vatican!
  • Options
    Are we sure the pope has resigned and not re-signed? Perhaps he's earned himself a new contract.
  • Options

Are we sure the pope has resigned and not re-signed? Perhaps he's earned himself a new contract.

Or he's just attention seeking
  • Options
    Or he's resigned himself to the fact he can't stop the priests doing what they shouldn't.
  • Options
    He evidently doesn't think he could hold down a 1st team place next season - and not content to sit in the reserves and run down his contract.
    He's not a Premiership footballer, you know.
  • Options
    I've already forgotten where I was when I heard that the Pope had resigned......
  • Options
    All agent talk
  • Options
    It must have been tedious having to wear swimming trunks in the bath because he didn't like to look down on the unemployed.

There's a businessman in Rome and he has a spare day in between meetings. So he puts on a shirt and silk tie, his best Armarni suit and Lobb shoes and goes off to the Vatican in the hope he can see the pope. As luck would have it the pope is out and about meeting his flock. There's this dirty old tramp in the crowd wearing a tatty Millwall shirt, white adidas track suit bottoms and hi-tec trainers and the pope goes up to him and whispers in his ear but then just walks straight past the businessman who is upset by the snub.
    But the guy comes to realise that the pope has more time for poor people than the rich. So he follows the Millwall supporter and offers to swap clothes with him. The following day the businessman is back in the Vatican dressed in the smelly old Millwall fan's clothes. Unable to believe his good fortune and much to his amazement, this time the pope comes up to him leans forward and whispers in his ear: "I thought I told you to feck off yesterday".
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

It must have been tedious having to wear swimming trunks in the bath because he didn't like to look down on the unemployed.

There's a businessman in Rome and he has a spare day in between meetings. So he puts on a shirt and silk tie, his best Armarni suit and Lobb shoes and goes off to the Vatican in the hope he can see the pope. As luck would have it the pope is out and about meeting his flock. There's this dirty old tramp in the crowd wearing a tatty Millwall shirt, white adidas track suit bottoms and hi-tec trainers and the pope goes up to him and whispers in his ear but then just walks straight past the businessman who is upset by the snub.
    But the guy comes to realise that the pope has more time for poor people than the rich. So he follows the Millwall supporter and offers to swap clothes with him. The following day the businessman is back in the Vatican dressed in the smelly old Millwall fan's clothes. Unable to believe his good fortune and much to his amazement, this time the pope comes up to him leans forward and whispers in his ear: "I thought I told you to feck off yesterday".

I think that joke might be "borrowed" by a certain columnist in a certain fanzine very soon : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Short notice period for somebody with such power.

How does Pope Odenwingie the 1st sound?
  • Options
    1st black Pope according to reports.

• Options

Or he's resigned himself to the fact he can't stop the priests doing what they shouldn't.

I think in this particular case it was more a case of 'won't' than 'can't'.

• Options
    Oh, I know, it was just a rubbish resigned/re-signed/resigned joke.
  • Options
    My friend just pulled a cardinal from the tin for me in her sweepstake.

Ive got the Italian cardinal. Not hopeful of winning the £50!
  • Options
    Shocked by this news. Did Nazi it coming at all.
  • Options

Is the job open tp any catholic pr do you have to be a bishop or something like that?

You just need to be able to type....
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Is the job open tp any catholic pr do you have to be a bishop or something like that?

The next Pope will be chosen from the existing cardinals under the age of 80.

A cardinal is the top man (senior Archbishop) in each country so ranks higher than bishop.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

and smell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

A cardinal is the top man in each country.
    I'd love to see what it's in their CV's.
    Wouldn't be a good idea if somebody could come up with some ideas?

• Options

Riviera said:

and smell
    haha. Please tell me you didnt intend to write that.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Riviera said:

and smell
    haha. Please tell me you didnt intend to write that.

What do you think? :-)
  • Options
    I should imagine one of the important criterion for this job is whether the Cardinals have their own smoking handbag.
  • Options

Riviera said:

and smell
    And let people kiss your ring.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

A cardinal is the top man (senior Archbishop) in each country so ranks higher than bishop.
    Cardinal Red is our resident Cardinal, here on Charlton Life.

Job opportunity for you, mate?

• Options
    LenGlover said:

The next Pope will be chosen from the existing cardinals under the age of80.

Yay! Giving the kids a chance at last...
  • Options
    I should have mentioned that although cardinal is the top rank in each country some predominantly Roman Catholic countries have more than one cardinal Italy being a case in point with 20 odd!
  • Options
    Rumours are he's been lured by another religion. Apparently Jehovah's Witnesses have been knocking on the door for a while now.