Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey back in Liverpool side.

Comments

• Options
    Goodnight

• Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    It's always good to see a famous person excel in two totally different careers. Tonight we had former the Culture Club drummer as the referee. Brilliant!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    WBA no longer remind me of CAFC circa 2002-2005 as intimated earlier in this thread.
  • Options
    Lukaku is going to be some player. He is absolutely huge and rapid with or without the ball. As soon as he manages to get turned you're done for 'cos if you're quick enough to catch him, you certainly ain't knocking him off the ball.
  • Options
  • Options
    Liverpool colleague bemoaning the lack of anything from Shelvey - saying the Pool fans think he is useless and shouldnt be in the side, even got rid of.
  • Options
    A colleague of yours or of JJ?
  • Options

Liverpool colleague bemoaning the lack of anything from Shelvey - saying the Pool fans think he is useless and shouldnt be in the side, even got rid of.

I wouldn't take to much notice of what liverpool supporters think if I was you..... It's probably the same ones that said Gerrard was finished at the end of last season, or the ones that said Skrtel, Agger and Johnson were three of the best defenders in the league only to now be saying they need to buy a complete new back four. Or maybe they were the ones that have absolutely slated Henderson and Downing as being the worse footballers ever to play for Liverpool, only to find now they are MoM every week now.
    I think you'll find Liverpool supporters are deluded in thinking they should be a champions league team every time they win 2 games in a row. I read one of their sites (would never comment because I hate them) and I have found that despite all their history their knowledge of football is very shall we say "limited".

Football is all about opinions but thankfully the fans dont pick the teams, otherwise you would have a completely different team every week. Liverpool are now and have been for many years now just an average premier league team. Sadly their fans are still living in the 80's.

• Options
    Well said. You only need to listen to the likes of 606 to see how deluded they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, my colleague typifies everything you say about them.
  • Options
    wernt losing when he come off lost once he was on the bench bit like waggy
  • Options
    It's now mid February and Liverpool have still yet to beat a side in the top half of the table.

There's a general perception that they are progressing under Rodgers but at the same stage last season Dalglish had more points on the board and had them still in both cups.
  • Options

It's now mid February and Liverpool have still yet to beat a side in the top half of the table.

There's a general perception that they are progressing under Rodgers but at the same stage last season Dalglish had more points on the board and had them still in both cups.

Yeah, but Swansea play lovely football....
  • Options

wernt losing when he come off lost once he was on the bench bit like waggy

Don't start the Waggy or Shelvey debate again. Haven't we done that one to death?

• Options
    Can we start a new thread ?? i think it def warrents one
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2277900/Jonjo-Shelvey-hits-clueless-Liverpool-fans-midfielder-loses-cool-Twitter-criticism.html

Not sure this will help him..why don't footballers just think before they write!?

(Even if they might be right)
  • Options
    Cant see what is so wrong with what he posted
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Nothing wrong with what he said if he keeps it private between his family, friends or team mates but that sort of thing really isn't going to endear him to the fans, especially at a time when he isn't playing well.

He's only young so you can understand it but he should either a) accept the criticism like Agger did or b) stay off twitter.

• Options
    shine166 said:

I was thinking not so much of the comments but how the fans might view him...afterall we all know fans don't like criticisim from people they view as lucky to earning as much as they do for not doing much...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you don't like, or can't accept criticism, then you really shouldn't be on twitter.
  • Options
    Modern culture makes me sick, fans want to communicate with players but then start moaning when a player says what he thinks - I would suspect that Jonjo got loads of abuse in tweets & then people get the hump because he expresses himself - he hasn't sworn, hasn't threatened anyone or replied directly to a fan but because he negatively addresses 'fans' he gets slated.

Fans are able via twitter to say what they want (within reason) to public figures be it tv stars, film stars, sportsmen or women etc but then get the hump when the celebrity in question gives a bit back, so what, because you are in the public eye you therefore have to accept whatever people say to you.
  • Options

Modern culture makes me sick, fans want to communicate with players but then start moaning when a player says what he thinks - I would suspect that Jonjo got loads of abuse in tweets & then people get the hump because he expresses himself - he hasn't sworn, hasn't threatened anyone or replied directly to a fan but because he negatively addresses 'fans' he gets slated.

Fans are able via twitter to say what they want (within reason) to public figures be it tv stars, film stars, sportsmen or women etc but then get the hump when the celebrity in question gives a bit back, so what, because you are in the public eye you therefore have to accept whatever people say to you.

This
  • Options

If you don't like, or can't accept criticism, then you really shouldn't be on twitter.

And if people don't like what he writes, there is the option of not following him?

• Options

pretty much nail on head.
  • Options
    pretty dumb thing to do by any standards
  • Options
    uncle said:

And if people don't like what he writes, there is the option of not following him?

Fair point.

Didn't he close his twitter account before though after he got a load of stick after a poor performance? He obviously can't handle the stick so why re-open the account?

Twitter is full of complete morons and he probably already knows this, so ranting on there after getting stick really isn't going to help. Ignore them or rise above it (like Agger)
  • Options
    I thought he closed it before as someone accidentally posted a picture of his cock
  • Options
    Done nothing wrong in my eyes - but 90% of Football fans love to play the same old "They don't care about us, they should bow down to our every word wah wah" card.
  • Options

uncle said:

Fair point.

Didn't he close his twitter account before though after he got a load of stick after a poor performance? He obviously can't handle the stick so why re-open the account?

Twitter is full of complete morons and he probably already knows this, so ranting on there after getting stick really isn't going to help. Ignore them or rise above it (like Agger)

No that Isn't why he closed his account before his account was hacked.... Who is he meant to be helping on there? If he's got something to say I would rather he said it, thats how he was brought up. I dont understand why you think its ok for everyone else to rant on there but not him, then you are saying he should accept criticism but the people ranting at him on there should be spared any criticism. I'm very sorry, it dont work like that. If your big enough to give it out you're big enough to take it.