Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey back in Liverpool side.

Comments

• Options
    Fair enough if it was hacked, but it was on a few Liverpool sites around new year time that he'd closed it after getting a load of abuse after they lost on boxing day.

Where did i say the people ranting at him should be spared criticism?

The point i'm making is that him biting at these insults isn't going to help him. Describing the fans who pay hard earned money to come and see you as clueless (even if this is probably true) surely isn't the best idea. I think the way that Agger dealt with them was a lot better.
  • Options
    But I'd guess what really matters is what Brendan Rodgers & Liverpool FC think about it.
  • Options

Fair enough if it was hacked, but it was on a few Liverpool sites around new year time that he'd closed it after getting a load of abuse after they lost on boxing day.

Where did i say the people ranting at him should be spared criticism?

The point i'm making is that him biting at these insults isn't going to help him. Describing the fans who pay hard earned money to come and see you as clueless (even if this is probably true) surely isn't the best idea. I think the way that Agger dealt with them was a lot better.

I believe Koncheskey's mum was critical of Liverpool's fans on social media sites.
    He left Liverpool soon after & has been stuck in The Championship ever since.
  • Options
    What is wrong with people? Surely everyone knows that you are not allowed to say anything derogitory about anything to do with Liverpool, the City, the people, the football club, the accent, anything. And quite right too.
  • Options
    Maybe so, but Konchesky can still do a job in the Premiership IMO. Leicester just happen to be paying Premiership level wages to some players.
  • Options
    Is that a coincidence, the two players who have got most grief of LIverpool fans are both from East London, bald and used to play for us.
  • Options
    Sorry 'from LIverpool fans'.
  • Options
    Liverpool fans can be to precious about anything to do with their club but how often has this site been full of slagging of one of our players after a bad performance, how would we have reacted if they responded in a similar way to us?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    good point GGA we have as precious a bunch of fans as anyone, McCormack went for a meal and he may as well have ripped someones mrs a new bumhole by the vitriol spilled at him for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha ha yeah i remember that, the guy had the cheek to go out for a meal after we lost a game. How dare he?!!
  • Options
    ON HIS ANNIVERSARY!
  • Options

Ha ha yeah i remember that, the guy had the cheek to go out for a meal after we lost a game. How dare he?!!

I'm not sure it was that McCormack had the audacity to go out and eat after a game, of course he is entitled to. It was more the boasting about it on a public forum a couple of hours after we'd endured a terrible result that was unwise.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'm not sure it was that McCormack had the audacity to go out and eat after a game, of course he is entitled to. It was more the boasting about it on a public forum a couple of hours after we'd endured a terrible result that was unwise.
    It's almost as if he has a life outside of football!

• Options
    Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Again - and please try and read this properly this time - I'm not saying he shouldn't go out for dinner with his wife, of course he should. But if he wants to make a big deal to his friends about where he's taken his Mrs (oxo tower or something I think) then perhaps don't chose a public forum when your a public figure who's just let your public down ! Seems what anyone with a modicum of common sense would think, no ?
  • Options
    and the fans should not use the same common sense?
  • Options

and the fans should not use the same common sense?

When have football fans been known for common sense !

But seriously I think you're in danger of being percieved as crass by doing what McCormack did.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Again - and please try and read this properly this time - I'm not saying he shouldn't go out for dinner with his wife, of course he should. But if he wants to make a big deal to his friends about where he's taken his Mrs (oxo tower or something I think) then perhaps don't chose a public forum when your a public figure who's just let your public down ! Seems what anyone with a modicum of common sense would think, no ?
    Or he could take the view that it's his private time with his wife and none of our fucking business? He was a shit footballer but if the worst thing he did was tell Twitter that he's taken his wife to dinner then I think some people need to reassess what's important in life.

• Options
    You could say when have footballers been known to use their brain as an excuse, im not sure how what McCormack did was any worse then Shelvey.

Not that i mean to slag off Shelvey.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Or he could take the view that it's his private time with his wife and none of our fucking business? He was a shit footballer but if the worst thing he did was tell Twitter that he's taken his wife to dinner then I think some people need to reassess what's important in life.

Exactly. It was private, which is fine. Assuming you understand how Twitter works you can therefore understand where he was mistaken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Exactly. It was private, which is fine. Assuming you understand how Twitter works you can therefore understand where he was mistaken.
    So if you've had a bad day at work and send out a Tweet that you're having a nice meal with the wife would you expect your work customers to start slagging you off?

• Options
    you have to stop arguing over twatter and bookface

who really gives a feckk
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

Rizzo said:

se9addick said:

So if you've had a bad day at work and send out a Tweet that you're having a nice meal with the wife would you expect your work customers to start slagging you off?

Believe it or not, despite what I tell birds, I'm not a professional footballer so I don't have the sort of following and my work doesn't instill the sort of passion a footballers does.

I'd very much imagine if I'd messed up a clients account at work in a crucial meeting that day and for some reason that client wanted to follow my drab twitter account they probably wouldn't want to see me boasting about living it up after failing them so badly just hours ago. But again it's a ridiculous comparison because I'm not a professional footballer.
  • Options
    Still feels like double standards but then that is what the internet is for. :-)

• Options
    Well all I can say is they will be slagging someone else off tonight after that, probably Allen, Henderson and Downing maybe even Stirling all of whom have been golden boys lately..... If you ask me (and you probably wont) I think he was right in what he said, they are clueless fans, so they can call him what they like but they can't call him a liar.
  • Options
    Only saw the last 20 mins with no sound in a pub but "Zen" seemed to be giving the mighty LFC a lesson.
  • Options
    just switched it on and they lost 2 - 0.

• Options
    Al ring him tell him to come back and forget the no good mickeys
  • Options
    They got lessoned although Suarez missed 4 very easy chances........... Dal if I could get him back here I would, you know that.
  • Options
    I do mate i may go to anfield and un roll a banner telling him to forget the clueless mickey victims and come home

Either that or stalk brentwood till he visits mum and kidnap him lol