Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Movies you've seen but shouldn't have

Comments

• Options
    Much as I love the original Highlander film, I do think it's one film that might benefit from the current Hollywood trend of remakes. Let's face it, the special effects were crap, Christopher Lambert was a very unconvincing Scotsman and much as I love Seen Canary, he doesn't make for a convincing Egyptian! I'd keep Clancy Brown though.
  • Options
    Pier Paolo Pasolini's Salo or 120 Days of Sodom. Really, really wish I hadn't seen that.
  • Options
    Debie does Animal farm
  • Options
    The good Shepherd .........
  • Options
    20 minutes of Green Street 2 (even lacked the unintentional comedy value of the first one)

Some film about a man getting dragged into the air by a hot air balloon then falling.

Anything with that talentless feck Adam Sandler that I've had the misfortune to witness.
  • Options
    Eraserhead

It's not a film, its a form of punishment.
  • Options
    went to see Woddy Allen's "everthing you wanted to know about sex, but were afraid to ask" at Well Hall Odeon.

Let's just say it wasn't one of his best.
  • Options
    star wars Episode 1.

for the reasons this guy gives in his 70 minute review of the film...

http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-this-70-minute-video-review-of-star-wars-the-phantom-menace/
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Much as I love the original Highlander film, I do think it's one film that might benefit from the current Hollywood trend of remakes. Let's face it, the special effects were crap, Christopher Lambert was a very unconvincing Scotsman and much as I love Seen Canary, he doesn't make for a convincing Egyptian! I'd keep Clancy Brown though.

Remake has been in development hell for a number of years. Personally I like all the idiosyncrasies you've pointed out. It is also one of the few old films which I think has had a great hd conversion job.
  • Options
    Quite a few mentioned I have quite liked, but only one I would take anyone to task about - The History Boys - great film, sorry AUN you need to move south before its too late... ;-)

Not counting films I have seen bits of and just know I won't like - Jason Statham, Vin Deisel, Chuck Norris, Stephen Segal etc. I gave up on Cheaper by the Dozen after fifteen minutes, despite being a big Steve Martin fan. Two I have actually sat through in the cinema because the wife wanted to see them were 40 days of night and Final Destination 5 - total plop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

Death at a Funeral. Recommended by a mate but didnt make me laugh once.

The British one or the American one?

• Options
    @Algarveaddick - both my missus and myself couldn't get past 25 minutes of History Boys. On the other hand, I thought 40 Days Of Night was excellent not least because Melissa George was in it.

Different strokes for different folks :o)
  • Options

@Algarveaddick - both my missus and myself couldn't get past 25 minutes of History Boys. On the other hand, I thought 40 Days Of Night was excellent not least because Melissa George was in it.

Different strokes for different folks :o)

Mmmm yessss...

;-)
  • Options
    "The Road" sounded great, great cast, suicidally depressing. Agree with "Pineapple Express", Seth Rogan seriously painful. "Dusk till Dawn", loved the cast and the director what the hell happened, maybe I need to watch it again?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

IdleHans said:

Death at a Funeral. Recommended by a mate but didnt make me laugh once.

The British one or the American one?

The british one.
  • Options

"The Road" sounded great, great cast, suicidally depressing. Agree with "Pineapple Express", Seth Rogan seriously painful. "Dusk till Dawn", loved the cast and the director what the hell happened, maybe I need to watch it again?

The Road,I read the book and saw the film and hated both of them. I still dont understand why people thought them masterpieces.
  • Options
    I liked the Road but had to watch something else after, just to cheer my self up.

• Options
    Easy one this, first hour of Twilight on TV, while I did my best to ignore it and play Football Manager. Nothing happened. At all. There was a girl at a school and she spent an hour deciding there was something strange about the boy at school (when he was obviously a vampire).

Then they ran around in the words and he shouted at her that he was a vampire.

Then I made the Mrs switch it off.
  • Options

Easy one this, first hour of Twilight on TV, while I did my best to ignore it and play Football Manager. Nothing happened. At all. There was a girl at a school and she spent an hour deciding there was something strange about the boy at school (when he was obviously a vampire).

Then they ran around in the words and he shouted at her that he was a vampire.

Then I made the Mrs switch it off.

did you get to the baseball bit? they can only play it when there is a thuderstorm because of how much noise they make when they hit the ball. only action in the whole film.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I16_8l0yS-g
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Requiem for a Dream, depressed me for days
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Requiem for a Dream, depressed me for days

great film though.
  • Options
    Marley and Me. Made me cry.
  • Options

The good Shepherd .........

If that's the one about the CIA with Matt Damon in it then I totally agree.
    If it's not, then I've no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    The Day the Earth Stood Still. Keanu Reeves version. Comolete guff.
  • Options
    May I add 10,000 BC to this thread? Utter, utter toss. Avoid.
  • Options

The Day the Earth Stood Still. Keanu Reeves version. Comolete guff.

Agreed, i spent most of the film thinking should i turn this off but worried it might suddenly get good.
  • Options
    Turkey Shoot
  • Options
    Amityville Horror or Any American horror film that's in a house and the family end up getting haunted. All 'based on true events' of course.

Absolute bollocks.