Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Just extraordinary.

Can anyone on here say if they heard a noise and thought there was an intruder in their house that their first thought would not be to check on their partner? Are they there, are they safe, do they want to go and find out who it is etc. we are meant to believe OP did not feel the need to do this. He may be physically disabled but as far as I am aware losing your legs does not impinge on your mental capabilities.

So then, after not checking on his partner he walks to the bathroom where he heard the noises and shoots 4 times into a small room, at head height, having had weapons training, but he does not intend/expect to kill someone?

He chose to own a gun, he chose to fire it. He knew that by firing through a door at head height he would likely kill the person inside. People need to take more responsibility for their actions and if they are unwilling to do so they need to be made to do so by the law.

Mental.
  • Options
    i know fecking madness --- still not as barking mad as saying he respects Millwall tho
  • Options
    As I said, it's farcical. I don't believe the judge
  • Options
    So, it looks like Oscar Pistorius is going to get away with murder. That's very disturbing news...

For my wife, who's just gone for a piss.
  • Options
    Pistorious is being sentenced today. I'm expecting him to avoid jail :-(
  • Options

why leave it a month before sentencing? now the furore has died down there seems likely to be a more lenient sentence

• Options
    Apparently the hearing to decide on a sentence will last all week!!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29591517

house arrest and community service recommended by a defence probation officer.

"The athlete's first witness was trauma counsellor Lore Hartzenberg, who strongly implied that a "broken" Pistorius had been punished enough".

who are these people?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

why leave it a month before sentencing? now the furore has died down there seems likely to be a more lenient sentence

Why?
  • Options
    I blame Ukip :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Swisdom said:

Why?
    It's lost it's steam. They have all the evidence they need - that's how they have reached a verdict. So why not pass the appropriate sentence a month ago.

Is it because it would be too controversial at that time so let's let the anger subside a bit and then we can sweep it under the carpet a bit.

Hardly anyone would have batted an eye had he got 10 or 15 years when found guilty (culpapble homicide was it?). Now that the dust has settled I expect we'll end up with non-custodial or maybe suspended sentence - a bit of uproar and then the rest of the world gets on with it's life.

Everybody except Ms Steenkamp's family that is.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Chizz said:

Swisdom said:

Why?
    It's lost it's steam. They have all the evidence they need - that's how they have reached a verdict. So why not pass the appropriate sentence a month ago.

Is it because it would be too controversial at that time so let's let the anger subside a bit and then we can sweep it under the carpet a bit.

Hardly anyone would have batted an eye had he got 10 or 15 years when found guilty (culpapble homicide was it?). Now that the dust has settled I expect we'll end up with non-custodial or maybe suspended sentence - a bit of uproar and then the rest of the world gets on with it's life.

Everybody except Ms Steenkamp's family that is.

I highly doubt the judge who passes the sentence would be getting caught up in the "furore" - that's for the media and the public, thankfully they don't determine the appropriate sentence.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29591517

house arrest and community service recommended by a defence probation officer.

"The athlete's first witness was trauma counsellor Lore Hartzenberg, who strongly implied that a "broken" Pistorius had been punished enough".

who are these people?

He should get a more lenient sentence because he cried and pretended to throw up a bit? How is that how justice should work?
  • Options
    The defence, has just said pistorious should not go to prison because he's suffering from post traumatic stress !

That's like a guy kills his parents and the judge does not send him to prison because he's an orphan!

• Options
    Looks like he's about to be sentenced.
  • Options
    Complete joke
  • Options

Complete joke

He hasn't been sentenced yet?
  • Options
    The judge has just likened the case, to two other cases, where they got suspended jail sentences.
  • Options
    He's going down,not for long by the sound of it though!
  • Options
    5 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 years in prison.
  • Options
    What I said all along as well as I bet he only serves a couple of years max
  • Options

The judge has just likened the case, to two other cases, where they got suspended jail sentences.

Not quite what happened, the defence brought those examples up during the trial and she was basically saying she didn't think they were a fair comparison to this one.
  • Options

What I said all along as well as I bet he only serves a couple of years max

And because he is disabled he won't be put with all the other prisoners.
  • Options
    Was obvious it would be around 5 years when she was saying it had to show mercy to him as well as being in public's interest. Why he needs to be shown mercy I don't know.
  • Options
    Well at least he goes to jail for some time which is more punishment than his uncle's luxury house
  • Options
    I felt like that summing up speech took 5 years.
  • Options
    No sympathy here. Not heard anyone who doesn't think he should have been been found guilty of murder. I think he's got off lightly
  • Options
    Jesus, and people think the British justice system is lenient with some sentencing.
  • Options

No sympathy here. Not heard anyone who doesn't think he should have been been found guilty of murder. I think he's got off lightly

Hugely so.

Disgusting sentence.

He killed her. He knew what he was doing and his legal team have played a blinder.