Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pistorious (pg 26 - now charged with Murder)

Comments

• Options
    Apparently starts at 15 years but then can be reduced due to mitigating circumstances
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Can't believe the first judge ever reached that decision to start with.!

$$$$$$$$$
    No! I'm shocked.
  • Options
    Great news - he should have got 15 years just for blindly firing 4 rounds through a locked door.
  • Options
    Never thought this would happen. Perhaps there will be justice after all. Let's hope so.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    With my experience of SA justice and law, anything can happen, and normally does, depending on what bungs have happened - don't worry, this will be reversed once Pistorius can get his wallet opened.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Glad the bstd got found guilty of murder now lock the tosser up for atleast ten yrs

Justice served
  • Options
    General feeling in SÀ is that he is eventually getting what he deserves. Thankfully Oscar doesn't have much money left so hopefully no bungs president.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    Hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

General feeling in SÀ is that he is eventually getting what he deserves. Thankfully Oscar doesn't have much money left so hopefully no bungs president.

Lets see - this is not the end of this.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    He won't walk away from that sentance
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Glad the bstd got found guilty of murder now lock the tosser up for atleast ten yrs

Justice served

I wasn't going to bother with this thread as I didn't listen to the court proceedings and it is controversial but...

I can't help wondering if ten years is, in actual fact, justice. If someone killed my son I think ten years would be way too lenient a punishment.
  • Options
    I'd debate if any jail sentence was actual justice for murder but that's a whole new can of worms.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    addickfanatic - are you in SA? I'm hearing mixed messages here. Many people saying he can't/won't hack it or he may only end up doing 3 or 4 years at most after it gets reduced (due to time served, special circs etc) and he only has to serve 30%, others saying he'll disappear since he's been given advance warning he'll be arrested until next week. Other people saying he's so broken and can't face going back he's a risk of taking his own life
  • Options

addickfanatic - are you in SA? I'm hearing mixed messages here. Many people saying he can't/won't hack it or he may only end up doing 3 or 4 years at most after it gets reduced (due to time served, special circs etc) and he only has to serve 30%, others saying he'll disappear since he's been given advance warning he'll be arrested until next week. Other people saying he's so broken and can't face going back he's a risk of taking his own life

If only he hadn't taken someone else's first.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

According to this bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36514807, he's 'a broken man'. Not as broken as the woman he murdered though! Get back in your cell!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Chizz said:

According to this bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36514807, he's 'a broken man'. Not as broken as the woman he murdered though! Get back in your cell!
    And her parents and loved ones who are left behind.
  • Options
    Agree with the latest posts. He wouldn't be in this position is he hadn't done what he did. All his own doing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought the demonstration yesterday of him walking around without his prosthetic legs was a rather belated attempt to garner more sympathy for the defendant. If it made him appear vulnerable, well, Reeva in the bathroom with shots coming through the door was clearly much more entitled to claim that word, in my opinion. She lost her life as a result of that "vulnerability."
    Pistorius overcame huge odds to become a sporting icon, BUT he killed someone recklessly.

• Options
    I hope he dies in prison, whether by his own hand, a disgruntled cell mate's or of natural causes.

The man does not deserve to see the outside of a cell ever again.
  • Options
    I can't help feeling the terror as the beautiful Reeva, hid in the bathroom from a man with anger management issues and a history of firing guns in a reckless manner whether in restaurants or cars. Even now he only cares about his self. I really hope her mum and Dad see Justice done and he goes to prison for 15 years. It can't bring a loved one back but at least he won't be free to breath natures air.
  • Options
    I'm quite a compassionate guy and like to be open minded about things. However, I think in this case he deserves all that he gets.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Could be 15 years, less time already spent in prison
  • Options
    The bloke has no shame. Total self serving arrogance and not even any attempt to hide it. Look at poor me walking around with no legs, "I don't want to waste my life in prison", "Reeva wouldn't want me put in prison"..... The bloke is sickening.
  • Options
    6 years in prison...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Still not long enough for the cold bloodied excecution he carried out
  • Options
    Absolute disgrace! Should have got 12 years minimum. So corrupt.
  • Options
    Yep, my first thought was that it was around half what it should have been.

I've seen a reporter tweet that there are many confused looks in the court room.