Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester v Charlton - Post match Views 2013

Comments

• Options
    couldn't look at the online commentary for the last 20 mins, too nervous! Another giant step towards safety/play-offs depending on your optimism levels! Delighted that they pulled off a fantastic away result and an added bonus of millwall losing 5-1 at home too, lol!

Well done the addicks!!!
  • Options
    I don't have sky, so how soon will I somehow see the goals?
  • Options
    The best bit about the bottom Lot is like us they pIck up odd results here and there but keep beating each other meaning that although they win it's keeping them down there

The massives are two points of trouble yet have been on a great run

It's tight there and as long as they keep taking points off each other I am happy
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Leicester equalise - do you a) Hold on for a point, b) look for a second. A month ago it would have been a - so pleased it was b tonight. B wont always work, but will gain us more points than A over the course of a season. Would have got us 3 against palace for a start.
  • Options
    Leicester are clearly the strong favourites, but it would typify this bizarre league if they were to become the only team we did the double over this season!
    I know it's not cool to quote yourself, and I forgot about us doing the double against Blackpool (!), but the results tonight typify this league, where no team is unbeatable. All though this wobbly spell, we've always been competitive, never losing by more than 1 goal, so a win was always a possibility.

Who would have thought Cardiff would lose at home to Brighton as well?
  • Options
    Goals on Sky shortly. Will do the commentary when it comes on....... :)
  • Options
    Goals coming up in around 5 mins :) can't wait !
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    There has been a change over the course of the season - we have been the better team in most matches as it goes on.
  • Options
    Great win.

Well done lads and SCP!!!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I don't have sky, so how soon will I somehow see the goals?

Here is a stream of SSN: http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/68515/1/watch-skysportsnews.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4th best away record in the division.
  • Options
    Can someone please upload the goals as soon as they can. Cheers.
  • Options
    Goals coming up on SSN...
  • Options
    got the link up, will SS news show the goals?
  • Options
    Great result for us well done Powell and the boys

Sounds like Hamer kept us in it at the end as well, good on him.
  • Options
    http://tykestv.eu/streams/skysports/skysportsnews/

Best /easiest stream of SSN. I presume the goals are still to come
  • Options

Great result for us well done Powell and the boys

Sounds like Hamer kept us in it at the end as well, good on him.

Is that the same Hamer that some people were saying we should drop? The one who has been one of our best players this season?

Thought it was!
  • Options
    Great win fantastic from Powell and the boys and great stuff from those travelling. Well chuffed.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Fantastic game. Great result.

Had some moron behind me going "psssh" every time something went wrong (and often when it did) took all my restraint not to turn and slap him.

My dad is not a happy bunny!!!
  • Options
    Only listened on player, but it sounded good. I was getting nervous in second half, but they came through it. Great win, well done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing result, so pleased. That has made up for the kick in the bollox that Birmingham turned into.
    Well done lads.
  • Options
    Was I the only one who got scared when Haynes started celebrating , could see that Hammy working hard
  • Options
    Just seen it, that's what you call a first touch. awesome.
  • Options
    Brilliant result, brilliant team and spirit. I said before we have and can beat any team in this division and so we did against a very strong Leicester team tonight. It is what makes me love supporting Charlton but boy do thye like to put me through the grinder while doing it. Well done Addicks everywhere tonight and great match thread!
  • Options
    Just seen the goals on SSN , holy sheet what a strike by Haynes.
  • Options
    Just seen Haynes goal what a cracker
  • Options
    That idiotic charlton fan is giving it large on their message board. No class whatsoever.

• Options
    Beckboy said:

as was Palace's o.g.

• Options
    Driving up the M1 earlier today, I was questioning my love of football. Why am I travelling to Leicester midweek? With their home record and league position it was not easy to be confident.

But my oh my, Charlton never cease to amaze, against all odds, a battling, spirited and hearty performance. Led by a certain French man, who oozes an astounding level of passion.

We started well, each man working for the cause with extreme guts. For all of Leicester's flashy passing and movement, they were not special.

Real quality was shown today, glimpses of class. Mainly from Yann and Pritchard down the right side, who linked up superbly and cut through Leicester's defence, on occasion, like butter. Pritchard even laid Konchesky on the floor with his skill, which bamboozled our ex-player.

There werre flaws with individuals, but it does not seem fitting to mention these at the moment. Each one of the boys should be truly proud and I hope the people at home now are bathing in this moment of success that we have.

Danny Haynes, unbeliveable. That was from thirty five yards, with barely a back-lift he rifles it past a hapless Schmeichel. Special mention must go to Chris Powell, inspired substitution. It's hopefully proved people wrong, keep the faith. It would have been easy for him to sit back and hold on to that. 1-1, but he wanted that win, he wanted that win a lot.

Kermorgant was my man of the match, he really kept the Leicester fans quiet, simply because he was just so good today, didn't miss one header, it wasn't just getting his head on it, they were directed superbly. He scored, it was written in the stars. I spoke to a Leicester fan outside of the ground, he was rightfully impressed.

I am currently on the way back down the M1, I really do love football.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Beckboy said:

as was Palace's o.g.

Right into the corner wasn't, perfect looping header.

Didn't see Haynes' goal because of a poxy pop-up that came up just as Yann flicked it on FFS.