Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester v Charlton - Post match Views 2013

Comments

• Options

That table is so close.

Boro are 6th and have lost more games than hudders who are 21st!!

Amazing !
  • Options
    Yes, a brilliant result. I would say we got it spot on today, both on and off the field. All credit to Chris Powell. :-)
  • Options
    Fantastic result tonight! Was worried when I saw haynes celebrate, that can't be good for his hamstrings!
  • Options

Tell you what, Wolves are in meltdown...

yep, they really are. how nuts were they to sack Mccarthy.
  • Options
    Heading back now, don't care about a hangover at work tomorrow.

Knocked it about well, pretty solid at the back and decisive up front. Thought it was a bad idea taking a French flag but worth it for Kermo and bloody hell Haynes's goal... Better than his derby one. 5th attempt seeing us win up there, days like today make it all worth it!
  • Options

Tell you what, Wolves are in meltdown...

yep, they really are. how nuts were they to sack Mccarthy.
    How can you say that when they replaced him with Terry 'The Terrible' Connor with his proven managerial genius.....:)

Feck me, its like sacking your accountant because he makes a mistake and replacing him with a bloke who got a B in his GCSE maths.
  • Options
    Superb result. Powell made the correct change clearly so I'm absolutely delighted for him and the team. Danny Haynes proving how integral he has been this season despite having a cheese string for a hammy! Makes March a little easier now too
  • Options
    Have to admit I was shocked, especially after they equalised. Magic win, nice one Danny.
    Just wish we could keep him fit.
  • Options
    If anyone hasn't seen the goals, and/or you have an iPhone/iPad...I have just retweeted it on my twitter; @_nam11
  • Options

That table is so close.

Boro are 6th and have lost more games than hudders who are 21st!!

Hudders have a goal difference of -23, all from their away games. When they go on the road and lose, they lose in style! Amazingly that's 21 worse than ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just seen the goal what a cracker
  • Options
    Redoakse7 said:

Was at Hull could not make tonight but was not surprised by result think we have a better team than people make out if all fit and we get the rub of the green!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the link, 2 great goals.
  • Options
    Followed the whole game on twitter, very stressful. Never thought we'd win it after the equaliser, nearly brought the ceiling down when the winner came up. Superb goal as well. Absolute buzzing for Kermogant as well, goal and and assist to add to his goal in August. Love the bloke. So relieved, if we'd have lost I'd have been very panicky that Jiminez might've done something very stupid.

And the 5-1 nicely tops it off, above them lot now. One more chance for a derby win this season, hopefully they draw with Blackburn, get Oldham or Barnsley or someone in the semis, then we spank them and they lose the replay at Ewood Park.
  • Options
    Fantastic result not in a million years could I see that coming ,just like the Watford result, well done the team
    Hard work and effort does get rewarded
    Everyone warbling about substitutes, were there any made after Haynes goal to help us hold on?? ....well whatever it is it worked and I bet he done similar in some of the lost games
    Above the scum and that feels good

1% top 6 :-) ....... 30% 7th-12th ...... 65% 13th-21st ..... 4% Relegation misery
  • Options
    Definitely written by an upset Leicester City fan. A one sided report. The Mail usually gives more symphathetic coverage to Charlton.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

If anyone hasn't seen the goals, and/or you have an iPhone/iPad...I have just retweeted it on my twitter; @_nam11

Thanks for that. Quality strike from haynes. Creasing up at his celebration
  • Options
    Delighted for Yip Yap Yann again. I gather he didn't celebrate, which if true is a classy move in my opinion. Had his say at the Valley and was saying tonight that he's moved on and no hard feelings and let his football do the talking.

Top guy.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just remembered 8 years ago today (my wedding day) Leicester beat us in an FA Cup match, 1-2 at the Valley I think, well its payback time for ruining my wedding day !!
    I clearly didn't expect us to have a fixture on the chosen date!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forgot to add Willy Thorne to my list of Leicester fans...

David Attenborough, David Icke, Una Stubbs, Gok Wan, Englebert Humperdinck, Showaddywaddy, The Elephant Man, King Richard III and Willy Thorne.....your boys just took a hell of a beating (again)
  • Options

Fantastic result not in a million years could I see that coming ,just like the Watford result, well done the team
    Hard work and effort does get rewarded
    Everyone warbling about substitutes, were there any made after Haynes goal to help us hold on?? ....well whatever it is it worked and I bet he done similar in some of the lost games
    Above the scum and that feels good

1% top 6 :-) ....... 30% 7th-12th ...... 65% 13th-21st ..... 4% Relegation misery

I actually think we have more chance of getting in the top 6 than getting relegated.
  • Options
    He chipped for a laugh
    He chipped for a laugh
    Yann Kermorgant
    He chipped for a laugh

Was loving that being sung loud and proud tonight.
  • Options
    I went to the Emirates tonight on a freebie, the jumbotron gave the final score as 2-2 so I assumed we had conceeded a 94th minute equaliser, it was only when I was on the train I checked on here had to double take, what a result, still feel a little dirty and respect to those who travelled, you deserved that, table looks a lot better tonight...

• Options
    Only followed on the match thread o can't really comment on the performance but great result. Good turnout too so well pleased for those that made the trip especially Golfie Junior who wasn't happy earlier today at BWP's departure.

Seems SCP has learned from recent errors where we have gone too defensive and dropped too deep inviting the oppo on and eventually losing. Today he made sure that we kept the pressure on them and gave them something to think about. Shame that if our home record was even half as good as that away we'd probably have a good shout at the play offs. Need to make this result count by beating Forest at the weekend.
  • Options
    Absolutely huge result just when we needed it. Was starting to get very worried but another 3 wins from now should ensure safety. Thank goodness for the away form but so disappointing that we have only managed 4 wins from 16 at home. Hopefully we can change that on Saturday.
  • Options
    Weird game football. Delighted that we've walked away from that with three points. I reckon if Danny Haynes's legs worked for any consistent amount of time he'd be a rubbish footballer. He's one of those players who produces wonder moments but can only do it in fits and starts, like how Tore Andre Flo could only score off the bench or how Le Tis was a genius when he could be bothered to stroll out of the centre circle. Looking at the team I had felt for a while that if Ceddy played one bad gam he'd be dropped fo Wiggy and I think it was the right decision by Powell. Can anybody shed any light on how Wiggy played? Glad to see Waggy back in and glad to see him doing what he does best - running himself into the ground and creating a goal out of it. All in all couldn't be happier with that result. Well done Powelly and well done Charlton
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I should not pay attention to Charlton more often, the list of results when I don't this season stands at:

Forest 2-1 Charlton
    Ipswich 1-2 Charlton
    Blackpool 0-2 Charlton
    Wolves 1-1 Charlton
    Charlton 5-4 Cardiff
    Bolton 2-0 Charlton
    Blackburn 1-2 Charlton
    Leicester 1-2 Charlton

W5 D1 L2
  • Options
    That's why we go to away games. CP made changes and his strategy paid off and he seemed well chuffed at the end. As others have said he is learning his trade and a top bloke to boot. Fact is Leicester are a top 6 side but were no better than us. The challenge for CP now is to work out how to win at home.

Only our Charlton can pull rabbits like that out of the hat every now and then. Must say the vocal support seemed very good tonight. Sets up for a good night at Peterborough though it being Charlton I will probably have a score on a home win!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 Member
    February 19
    I went to the Emirates tonight on a freebie, the jumbotron gave the final score as 2-2 so I assumed we had conceeded a 94th minute equaliser, it was only when I was on the train I checked on here had to double take, what a result, still feel a little dirty and respect to those who travelled, you deserved that, table looks a lot better tonight...

Like "SE7 to SG3", I was taken to the Emirates tonight and saw the 2-2 scoreline at the end up on the board. Having seen the 1-0 lead we had at halftime, I was not too surprised or disappointed at that but puzzled and cautiously ecstatic at the 1-2 latest score on the Sky Sports monitors on the concourse. My pavlovian response, especially after the last 3 games, was to expect confirmation of a late equaliser, so I was absolutely delighted with that vital result. For all practical purposes, it realistically puts to bed any relegation fears and was extremely welcome with both Barnsley and Peterborough winning. Well done to all, including the travelling faithful.

Huddersfield and Wolves look to be on a dangerous slide at the moment. We shall see.

I congratulated a Bayern Munich supporter on their performance at the final whistle. Mistaking me for a Gooner, he said that Arsenal had played better in the second half. I told him not to worry, as I was Charlton supporter, adding that we didn't always see this type of football every fortnight down he Valley. He and his wife laughed rather too hard at that. At least they still remember us.