Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play-offs....still in with a shout???

1235»

Comments

• Options
    If Brighton, Palace, Boro & Leicester fall into adminsitration we have a chance!
  • Options
    We won't make them, but we could easily finish pretty close to the playoffs. A few good results and you can leap up this league. Bolton now have the same number as leicester and are only 2 points behind brighton and 3 behind Forest. Even Palace could be caught if they don't end their goal drought!
  • Options

One game at time but I think we should be aiming to beat 64 points which was our total in 07/08.

Decent target IMO.
  • Options
    Just looked at the table, Blackburn are 22nd with 40 games gone and have 47 points - that means the relegation bar could be as high as 55 points - maybe higher!

Unbelievable league this year.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    NEVER ready for promotion OR the playoffs of course but it does just show you how our "Roll over and tickle our belly and here's 3 points for you" home form has skewed our points total. Miraculous away form and in true Charlton fashion, if the late home wins start coming I predict the away results will take a turn for the worse.

6/10 good effort but Charlton Athletic need to concentrate more in class.
  • Options
    (Probably a stupid question, but.......)

Do teams in The Championship get more money the higher they finish ala: Premiership ?
  • Options

It doesn't matter whether we are in with an unlikely chance of the play-offs or not we should be playing like we are and going for maximum points...what we do now sets up for next season...and given its been a strange season for the championship who knows what the cut off number of points for 6th place will be...

Definitely ... and some of the players will be playing for extensions to their contracts... This season has seen the squad quietly find its way and they will be more experienced next season...

I just hope that the club finds the money to keep the best talent and build on it for next time - I watched the Football League show and I don't see a big gap between us and the top six to be honest.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    No play offs this year.

Most clubs will see à missed oppotunity.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It will be frustrating as I did the bbc predictor and think it could go as low as 68 - we will be thinking back on this game and that game where we threw points away. Mind you, so will many other teams. Also had 3rd bottom team on 53. Surprisingly, I had Wolves, Blackburn and Bristol City to drop. I wasn't expecting Wolves to be in there.