Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the rudest/uninterested response ever to an email question (Hotel)?

Hillsjanet Hills ***** @yahoo.co.uk

Send email
Find email Add to contactsTo ********
Sent: 18 February 2013 15:58:08
To: ********

Yes and yes

Sent from my iPhone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 18 Feb 2013, at 15:15,****** <****@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Janet,

Sorry, to clarify, a double room on a Sunday would be £50, even if its on a bank holiday weekend?

Also, do any rooms have ensuite shower/bath?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Room Rates & Bands
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 07:29:19 +0000
To: *******

Rooms with toilet weekdays twin or double £30 weekends £60 and £50 Sunday £30 not bank hols ..jan

Sent from my iPad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 17 Feb 2013, at 10:54, *******<*******@hotmail.com> wrote:

P.S.

Sorry, are the rooms ensuite? If not please let me have ensuite prices, as well as payment conditions, deposit or full payment when booking etc.

Thanks

To: enquiries@********.co.uk
Subject: Room Rates & Bands
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:50:28 +0000

Hi, can you let me know your double room rate for a Sunday night, and also if you know what bands you have booked for either bank holiday Sundays in May please?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Nothing like a bit of courtesy in the SERVICES industry!
  • Options
    Sent from my ipad

Shaaadap
  • Options
    Not rude, just unprofessional. I am in the business and I find that coming across in a friendly way even in a matter of fact email can help you get the booking.

• Options
    Brief, but to the point.
  • Options
    What's wrong with that? Perfectly adequate response. People treat email like it's a letter - it isn't. The days of prefacing everything with 'Dear Sir' and ending it with 'Thank you for your interest' are long gone.
  • Options
    However, I hate the ultra-polite people making sales calls who cheerily begin by saying "I'm from xxx. How are you today?"
  • Options
    Just a 'Hi *****' back would have made a big difference imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    As a potential customer i think you deserve a greeting like 'Hi' or 'thank you for your enquiry....'.

Doesnt matter if its a letter, email, telephone call or face to face, a bit of courtesy goes a long way.
  • Options

Not rude, just unprofessional. I am in the business and I find that coming across in a friendly way even in a matter of fact email can help you get the booking.

Absolutely right. And coming across as disinterested can lose you business. A poor attitude prior to booking makes people wonder what the service will be like when they get there.

If you have other hotel options, I'd ping her a message saying you're going elsewhere and that it's because of her unprofessional approach.

And put a bit at the bottom that says sent from a fully booked hotel

:-)
  • Options
    I can get away with this sort of response on occasion because I've been dealing with the same clients for many years and we know each other well. If I tried it with a new client or one with whom I'm not familiar, I would expect a bollocking!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems fine to me, but I prefer a quick response to a friendly one.
  • Options
  • Options
    " Rooms with toilet weekdays twin or double £30 weekends £60 and £50 Sunday £30 not bank hols"

- I can't work out what that means, I've never seen a less clear pricing structure.
  • Options
    In all honesty, Janet seems like a bit of a bitch
  • Options
    so what bands are on?
  • Options
    Ask Janet how much for a room with common courtesy.
  • Options

Absolutely right. And coming across as disinterested can lose you business. A poor attitude prior to booking makes people wonder what the service will be like when they get there.

If you have other hotel options, I'd ping her a message saying you're going elsewhere and that it's because of her unprofessional approach.

And put a bit at the bottom that says sent from a fully booked hotel

:-)
    I know the pub/hotel, they do rockabilly bands, been there once before, but not stayed there, would be handy to stay there as its convenient, just suprised with the short/curt and unintelligible replies, its not as if she knows me and was just being jokey/friendly.

• Options

" Rooms with toilet weekdays twin or double £30 weekends £60 and £50 Sunday £30 not bank hols"

- I can't work out what that means, I've never seen a less clear pricing structure.

Exactly why I asked her to clarify, made no sense at all, unless they call ensuite having a toilet only???

• Options

so what bands are on?

Rockabilly
  • Options
    DA9 said:

so what bands are on?

Rockabilly
    Good point, she never answered that part did she?..........Bitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the rudest/uninterested response ever to an email question (Hotel)?

Yes and Yes
  • Options
    unless Yes are playing. not really rockabilly though.
  • Options
    Can't see anything wrong with it .
  • Options

More than a bit confusing. I'd hate to see their menu, especially if you don't like spam.

She would join a few others on my list of those with poor customer focus.
  • Options

What's wrong with that? Perfectly adequate response. People treat email like it's a letter - it isn't. The days of prefacing everything with 'Dear Sir' and ending it with 'Thank you for your interest' are long gone.

And the world is a much poorer place for it...

• Options
    Maybe Janet is the process of splitting up with Chris
  • Options
    To be fair, according to the time of the emails she replied (maybe from home) well before nine am to a request sent on a Sunday.

Based on the prices (not, exactly expensive) I think it's a bit much to expect the sort of treatment you would get from a partner of a law firm (who charges £500 an hour or part, there of) from a request sent in a Sunday.

You asked her a question, and she answered it. Your initial email, sent on the Sunday, wasn't full of chit chat.

I think her reply is perfectly adequate. I would go. Fr as to say that much more than that could have been over the top based on the short, blunt style of your initial enquiry.

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    Think it's a massively rude reply to a customer.

Takes absolutely no time at all for them to be nice and reflects badly on them IMO.
  • Options

And the world is a much poorer place for it...

Agreed, its basic manners, especially when responding to a potential business enquiry. It would be very convenient to stay at this pub/hotel, as its on the plot and only have to stagger to my room after the bands have finished, may even be afters in it, but as its a seaside town, very tempted to say stuff it and book one of the many B&B's down the road on principle, you probably even know it Perry, Southend, Spike Richardson runs the Sunday nights there.
  • Options

To be fair, according to the time of the emails she replied (maybe from home) well before nine am to a request sent on a Sunday.

Based on the prices (not, exactly expensive) I think it's a bit much to expect the sort of treatment you would get from a partner of a law firm (who charges £500 an hour or part, there of) from a request sent in a Sunday.

You asked her a question, and she answered it. Your initial email, sent on the Sunday, wasn't full of chit chat.

I think her reply is perfectly adequate. I would go. Fr as to say that much more than that could have been over the top based on the short, blunt style of your initial enquiry.

Just my thoughts.

Takes less than a two seconds to type 'Hi' Or 'Thanks' but goes a long way.