Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the rudest/uninterested response ever to an email question (Hotel)?

Comments

• Options

To be fair, according to the time of the emails she replied (maybe from home) well before nine am to a request sent on a Sunday.

Based on the prices (not, exactly expensive) I think it's a bit much to expect the sort of treatment you would get from a partner of a law firm (who charges £500 an hour or part, there of) from a request sent in a Sunday.

You asked her a question, and she answered it. Your initial email, sent on the Sunday, wasn't full of chit chat.

I think her reply is perfectly adequate. I would go. Fr as to say that much more than that could have been over the top based on the short, blunt style of your initial enquiry.

Just my thoughts.

Blunt initial enquiry? "Hi" "Please" "Thanks"

Hardly blunt, perfectly polite and reasonable questions.
  • Options

What's wrong with that? Perfectly adequate response. People treat email like it's a letter - it isn't. The days of prefacing everything with 'Dear Sir' and ending it with 'Thank you for your interest' are long gone.

Well, not really. You're right that 'Dear Sir' etc is not so necessary, but common courtesy is still valued by many people. If you work in an industry where customer care is the product you are selling, people will rightly judge you on the quality of that care.
    There's nothing actually wrong with her responses, but they give an impression that she's irritated by someone bothering her. Some people won't care about that, but many will and you can't afford to alienate those punters for the sake of showing some manners.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Maybe Janet is the process of splitting up with Chris

Well in that case he's got her for renting out rooms.
  • Options
    You should have sent:

"Oi, room, double, shitter, shower, bank holiday, band, price?"
  • Options
    She probably thought it was just a wind-up after seeing it was from Elvis.Presley@Yahoo.co.uk
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

She probably thought it was just a wind-up after seeing it was from Elvis.Presley@Yahoo.co.uk

"Thank you very much"
  • Options
    possibly.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

To be fair, according to the time of the emails she replied (maybe from home) well before nine am to a request sent on a Sunday.

Based on the prices (not, exactly expensive) I think it's a bit much to expect the sort of treatment you would get from a partner of a law firm (who charges £500 an hour or part, there of) from a request sent in a Sunday.

You asked her a question, and she answered it. Your initial email, sent on the Sunday, wasn't full of chit chat.

I think her reply is perfectly adequate. I would go. Fr as to say that much more than that could have been over the top based on the short, blunt style of your initial enquiry.

Just my thoughts.

Blunt initial enquiry? "Hi" "Please" "Thanks"

Hardly blunt, perfectly polite and reasonable questions.
    When I said blunt I didn't mean rude. It was a short email asking for availability of rooms. Sure she kept the email short but I wouldn't, personally, have been offended by it - especially bearing in mind the speed of her reply.
  • Options
    The email honestly wouldn't bother me but that maybe because I send and receive emails all day at work and they are generally like this. Email tends to be used like instant messaging nowadays with short sentences, bad grammar etc.
  • Options
    Not the rudest I've ever seen but unnecessarily blunt and is pretty confusing

Manners don't cost anything I'd jog it on mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I could accept that reply
  • Options

She hasn't answered about the bands, nor has she provided a clear pricing structure. If she bothered to read your emails in the first place she could have fully answered your queries in one reply, negating the need for further emails.

Alternatively, all the information you requested could be on their website and she's pissed off you didn't check there first...
  • Options

She hasn't answered about the bands, nor has she provided a clear pricing structure. If she bothered to read your emails in the first place she could have fully answered your queries in one reply, negating the need for further emails.

Alternatively, all the information you requested could be on their website and she's pissed off you didn't check there first...

Course if everyone did that, she would be out of a job... Too thick for that to occur to her clearly ( or shagging the boss ).
  • Options

Course if everyone did that, she would be out of a job... Too thick for that to occur to her clearly ( or shagging the boss ).
    You're assuming that her job doesn't have other responsibilities. She might already have a 50 hour week before she answers emails on her weekend.
  • Options

Nope, the website was my first port of call, no prices, no future events listings.

• Options

You're assuming that her job doesn't have other responsibilities. She might already have a 50 hour week before she answers emails on her weekend.
    Maybe so, we all get stressed, but no excuse for a sullen or rude response to a customer enquiry, I would be out on my ear if I replied like that in email or face to face to a customer.

• Options

She might, and one sure way of reducing that working week is to be abrupt with customers so they stay away.
  • Options
    A rude response is not getting one at all I suppose.
  • Options
    I think that would be classed as no response.
  • Options
    Wasn't The Grosvenor, Torquay was it? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think both parties are at fault - you for asking some obscure questions and the lady for not really claifying her answers. Mainly though it goes to show that its best to actually speak to someone, rather than send an e-mail - that way you can ask a few questions and claify the answers then & there, rather than playing e-mail tennis..........
  • Options

I think both parties are at fault - you for asking some obscure questions and the lady for not really claifying her answers. Mainly though it goes to show that its best to actually speak to someone, rather than send an e-mail - that way you can ask a few questions and claify the answers then & there, rather than playing e-mail tennis..........

Have you been on the same funny gas as KHA, obscure questions?

What are your double room rates?, and are those rates different on Bank holiday sundays? Are they ensuite? Do you know as yet what bands you have booked for either bank holiday Sunday in May?

Very obscure of me, must try better.

• Options
    What questions aren't classed as obscure?

Are you a hotel?

Do you have running water?
  • Options
    DA9's questions are as clear as a bell golfie? No idea how they could be any more straightforward?
  • Options
    so rude
  • Options
    Disgusting. She was being streamlined and you, a mere customer date to call that rude?!? What's wrong with you?
  • Options
    You been drinking Dazzler?
  • Options
    This has obviously really upset you DA9 judging by your responses to some of the comments.

If you feel that strongly then I suggest that you avoid her hotel. If you really want to punish her you could stay away from the venue that has the bands if it would mean that buying drinks there puts money into her business.

Alternatively you could just email her back and cc her boss explaining that you are not going to frequent her establishment now that you have received an unacceptable communication from her.

However, it is my (and some other's on here) belief that rightly or wrongly this is the level of service that one can expect from employees of such businesses. I think it's interesting some feel that emails should be much more 'full' when the majority of those under 30 are unable to send a text with a whole word in it and absolutely no punctuation.

If you are going to feel aggrieved by this type of communication DA9 I think you may struggle to find many business that satisfy your standards. As I said earlier, at £50 a night for a room they must be making next to no money at all, they don't have the luxury of employing an MBA to run their booking line.

Just to clarify this is, in no way, a dig at you (or anyone else) DA9 I just think it's a sign of the times.
  • Options

. I think it's interesting some feel that emails should be much more 'full' when the majority of those under 30 are unable to send a text with a whole word in it and absolutely no punctuation.

That's certainly not true for the people I know.
  • Options

. I think it's interesting some feel that emails should be much more 'full' when the majority of those under 30 are unable to send a text with a whole word in it and absolutely no punctuation.

That's certainly not true for the people I know.
    Hey stu....

Would you say china has influenced your perception of customer service?