Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly or Jenkinson (be honest)?

Okay, so I've got a mate who's an Arsenal fan (sorry).

The discussion of right-backs came up once, and I dared to suggest Solly might well be the best in the Championship (just my opinion, of course). He then had the audacity, and perhaps arrogance, to suggest that Jenkinson would be if he was still here.

I refuted this completely, and it got me thinking (very briefly): who would I GENUINELY prefer? And it was Solly. Then Solly. Then Solly.

I realise this may be a silly thread in some people's eyes, but I thought I'd ask because he made his brash claim with such seemingly unfounded conviction, I wondered whether I had missed something.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Honestly. Chris Solly no question.
  • Options
    Solly. all. day. long.
  • Options
    Hard to say really. Keep in mind the players that Jenkinson has been working with the past year and the training he has got. My gut instinct says he would be a top, top Championship player on that alone.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Solly every time for me. I've just never got it with Jenkinson. Even in his brief stay with us he looked over-rated and any time I've seen him with Arsenal he's looked totally out of his depth. Just my opinion although worth saying that My arsenal ST holder golfing buddy thinks he's useless too.
  • Options
    Solly for me without a doubt
  • Options
    Solly all day long much better defender....ask any Gooner
  • Options
    Jenkinson has better ball control and is very good at one-touch passing. (Probably what Arsenal liked about him.)
    But Solly is a better marker and tackler with better postional sense. He's also probably quicker and fitter.
    That makes Solly a better player for the Championship. It also tells you why Jenkinson is not good enough for a team with Champions League pretensions.
  • Options
    Solly all day long
  • Options
    Solly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Arsenal's back four has been watertight this season ;-)

Solly all day long
  • Options
    Take bias out of it - blank it out of you mind and put yourself in the situation where a swap was offered. Would you take it - I certainly wouldn't. I wouldn't really need to give it a lot of thought either.
  • Options
    Don't really know how Jenkinson would fit into this team. Solly is an integral and reliable part of it. He gets my vote just because even if Jenkinson was the slightly better option, we know the job that Solly does for us every matchday.
  • Options
    I don't know. I thought Jenkinson looked quite good in his few games with us, and most were out of position at LB. And playing for Arsenal, he'll be up against far better players than Solly will face in the Championship.

Jenkinson has international caps at more or less all age levels, which must mean something.
  • Options
    Solly 100% . I still can't see what people see in Jenkinson and to have him hovering around the England squad i couldn't believe it. Not saying he is bad player, but he is not all that, especially when you compare him to the way Solly plays.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't think I will ever EVER understand the hype about Jenks. If we had got a tenth of that million I'd still have been laughing.

To me he's like a kid who won a competition to train with Arsenal for a week. Yet somehow he's still there.
  • Options
    solly all day totally reliable. if jenkinsons not in arsenals first team he can consle himself with his 36grand a week
  • Options
    I can't believe you'd even ask this!
  • Options
    Solly just works so well with our current system and he knows what he'll get if he has say Wilson in front of him or Waggy in front of him. Jenkinson MAY be technically better in some areas but I bet plonked in to SCP's team right now he wouldn't nearly be as effective. And Solly loves it here. So Solly all day long for me.
  • Options
    When Jenkinson hit the first team for us, I saw him as steady, tidy but nothing remarkable. Solly is like a breath of fresh air, and still young enough to improve even more. I love his attitude, his ability to nick the ball off people, he's a lad to be proud of and I am. Solly it is then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I imagine the majority of Arsenal fans know very little about Solly so cant really compare.

I would say Solly like most fans but Jenko has proved that he can hack it in the Prem and I was very impressed with him when I saw him for Charlton
  • Options
    Don't think I've seen solly have a bad game, always gives 100% no matter what so for that alone I go for solly. Not to say jenkinson is a bad player though
  • Options
    Jenkinson played 6 games for us , Solly has played over 100 , can't really compare how they've both done for us against each other , i'm happy with Solly and wouldn't want to swap him.
  • Options
    Solly
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I imagine the majority of Arsenal fans know very little about Solly so cant really compare.

I would say Solly like most fans but Jenko has proved that he can hack it in the Prem and I was very impressed with him when I saw him for Charlton

Not sure that Jenks has proved that he can hack it in the Prem though, not seen much of him but when I have seen him he has looked out of his depth and been sent off in two of those games ( Man Utd and Sunderland). Not forgetting that hilarious own goal.

Solly is a better player in my opinion and the only thing holding him back is his height.
  • Options
    If it was jenkinson in sollys place and he had left we would all be saying jenkinson let's be honest, but thank god its solly in that spot.

Can't imagine what it would be like not having him in the team.
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Not sure that Jenks has proved that he can hack it in the Prem though, not seen much of him but when I have seen him he has looked out of his depth and been sent off in two of those games ( Man Utd and Sunderland). Not forgetting that hilarious own goal.

Solly is a better player in my opinion and the only thing holding him back is his height.
    It wasnt so long ago they were talking about calling Jenko up to the England squad because his performances for Arsenal have been so good. A couple of mates who are Arsenal season ticket holders think Jenko could go on to be world class.
  • Options

If it was jenkinson in sollys place and he had left we would all be saying jenkinson let's be honest, but thank god its solly in that spot.

Can't imagine what it would be like not having him in the team.

I'm not sure I agree - I think people are mostly calling this as they see it.
  • Options
    Jenkinson hardly got a look in, so impossible to say.
  • Options
    Wenger got the wrong one. Sols all day schlong