Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker

Comments

• Options
    JT said:

I would LOVE it if QPR didn't go back up

this! They're really getting on my tits

• Options
    I think with the bigger and bigger disparity between Prem and Champ money, this will increasingly become the case that relegated clubs get players the rest of the division can only dream of. Makes it all the more important to get that promotion.
  • Options
    downham actually lived most his life on galahad road, and quite proud of his downham links
  • Options
    When he left us he was, IMO, a world class player. Chelsea was an error because he would and should have a shit load more england caps.
  • Options
    The man that could have put him on the map was Ferguson.

A Chelsea reject in the end was not on his list.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

When he left us he was, IMO, a world class player. Chelsea was an error because he would and should have a shit load more england caps.

LOL
    He was a kid with lot's of potential.
    Has had a great career but was never world class.
    Would be nice to see him down the valley if he signs.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Agreed, I think curbs had the same plans for him.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Agreed, when he was here I always thought they might look to sign him when Keane finished.

Was the best box to box English midfielder in the country at the time he went to Chelsea in my opinion, though Hargreaves was underrated.

Should have had a lot more caps playing alongside the more attacking Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes.
  • Options
    Why move to stoke or Norwich when you can stay in London, not move house and be on the same wages? Makes sense to me
  • Options

Why move to stoke or Norwich when you can stay in London, not move house and be on the same wages? Makes sense to me

Cos you'll be playing away at Old Trafford and The Emirates instead of Doncaster and Yeovil. Agree with you from a personal perspective but not footballing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham now want him too apparently
  • Options

Cos it's the PL, playing against top class opposition, in full stadia, with the whole world watching.
  • Options

Fulham now want him too apparently

That'd be a good move.
  • Options
    Have been told this morning that Parker to QPR is done
    Should be announced after the internationals tomorrow when Capoue completes his move to Spurs.

QPR want Townsend as well as Defoe.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Have been told this morning that Parker to QPR is done
    Should be announced after the internationals tomorrow when Capoue completes his move to Spurs.

QPR want Townsend as well as Defoe.

Qpr want everyone.........Heskey will be next -)
  • Options
    Too good to step down to the Championship just yet.

Fulham would be a good move. Hopefully he won't go to Palace
  • Options

Too good to step down to the Championship just yet.

Fulham would be a good move. Hopefully he won't go to Palace

I'm not sure that he's got the legs for the PL now, you know. Now bearing in mind he was out until Christmas with the achillies injury and just came back as Sandro got injured against QPR, he really struggled to last beyond 75-80 mins for the remainder of the season. Ok, he runs his nuts off and covers more ground than most but it was noticable that AVB was dragging him off with 10-15 mins still to go and was putting on the likes of Huddlestone, Livermore and Holtby for him. Maybe a bit different with a full pre-season programme behind him but it was noticable.
  • Options
    I can never understand the bitterness of some supporters when a very good player, such as Scott Parker, moves on to a better team, where he can show off his talent. Scott served his time with us and although I was very sad to see him move on, he went with my best wishes. I would like to see him (and Darren Bent) back with us at some stage.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

I can never understand the bitterness of some supporters when a very good player, such as Scott Parker, moves on to a better team, where he can show off his talent. Scott served his time with us and although I was very sad to see him move on, he went with my best wishes. I would like to see him (and Darren Bent) back with us at some stage.

He would have gone with all our best wishes, if he hadn't been tapped up by Chelsea & stormed out the dressing room to see Murray, demanding a move, despite still having quite some time on his contract.

He then refused to play for us ! He didn't end up leaving with my best wishes, greedy bastard.
  • Options
    What Covered End said. Curbishley mentioned in his book that when, by chance, he saw Parker in a restaurant a while after he'd effectively gone on strike to force the Chelsea move, Parker ignored him. Left a bad taste, the way he conducted himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

What Covered End said. Curbishley mentioned in his book that when, by chance, he saw Parker in a restaurant a while after he'd effectively gone on strike to force the Chelsea move, Parker ignored him. Left a bad taste, the way he conducted himself.

Publically Curbs said he handled it well... after the move. But privately it left a bad taste, as I've said in this thread and countless times before, it was clear Curbs thought he'd be a shoe in replacement for either Viera or Keane. Parker wanted the paycheck.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Signed for Fulham. 3 year deal. Good move for him. Glad he hasnt gone QPR.
    Should say that QPR, Fulham and another unnamed club all met Spurs' valuation and he got the choice...
  • Options
    Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 11s
    Fulham sign Scott Parker from Tottenham on three-year contract for undisclosed fee. More on #SSN
  • Options
    Good move for him, If he want's to play for England again he needs to be playing regularly in the Prem.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

Signed for Fulham. 3 year deal. Good move for him. Glad he hasnt gone QPR.
    Should say that QPR, Fulham and another unnamed club all met Spurs' valuation and he got the choice...

I have it on good authority that the unnamed club was indeed ourselves but Scott decided that despite the imminent £Trillions, he'd do better elsewhere. Our 3 year plan for European qualification was a little protracted for his liking.

Very sad when a 2-bob club like Fulham can afford someone on those wages.

They should have been relegated years ago.
  • Options
    Something about Fulham that makes me bitter and twisted. That 'throw-in' is part of it, as irrational as that is.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

He would have gone with all our best wishes, if he hadn't been tapped up by Chelsea & stormed out the dressing room to see Murray, demanding a move, despite still having quite some time on his contract.

He then refused to play for us ! He didn't end up leaving with my best wishes, greedy bastard.
    This 100%
  • Options
    I'm bitterly jealous of Fulham at the moment with both Bent and Parker in the team. They may be my Prem team I look out for this year.
  • Options
    His agent has earned his money there. 3 year deal!
    I saw quite a bit of Spurs last year and it looked to me that his style of play had started to catch up with him. He's also picking up the injuries that he mostly got away with when with us.
  • Options
    didn't he do well ... the Fulham midfield was in need of a bit of a refurb .. good luck Scotty