Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Films that let you down (Not Sequels)

edited February 2013 in Not Sports Related
Not just a list of Turkeys but films that you thought were right up your street and anticipated the release; but then left you empty and disappointed.

For me I must say that Last Orders was a big let down. Had it all, cast (Caine, Hoskins, Courtenay, Hemmings, Winston and even Mirren -good actress but I can't stand her) location (from London down to the Kent Coast), everything but enough to hold my attention.

Comments

• Matrix 2 & 3
  • Last Orders is a very good shout, had high expectations for the same reasons you state, i.e. cast and location.

44 Inch Chest, decent cast including Ray Winstone and John Hurt, same writers as the brilliant Sexy Beast. Spent the entire film expecting it to liven up at any moment, but it was a complete snorefest from start to finish.
  • Matrix 2 & 3

This.
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Loved all the old ones and thought a bit of CGI might make the new one even better. Then it all went a bit alien and tits up.....
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

This!

What a load of self indulgent twaddle. Treid to be too clever.
  • Die Hard 4 havent seen 5 yet
  • Agree with Die hard 4. My boy saw DH5 yesterday and said it was painfully bad.
  • The Cannonball Run 2
  • edited February 2013
    Should have excluded sequels as more often than not they fail to deliver.
  • Sponsored links:

• Prometheus

• There will be blood.

Some great performances but would have been better if something actually happened.
  • Nicholas said:

Die Hard 4 havent seen 5 yet

Oh really that bad, think I'll wait till its on sky then.
  • Deep Cheeks 4.... Oh sorry, no sequels
  • Gosford Park -

At the end all I could say was "Is that it?"
  • Riviera said:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

This!

What a load of self indulgent twaddle. Treid to be too clever.
    I thought it was a great movie but I agree it moved at it's own pace.

The one film of recent years that got loads of plaudits, Oscars etc which I thought was the most boring self-indulgent pile of shite ever was The Social Network. Can't believe it was praised so highly.
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Are you having a conversation with yourself Nicholas ; )
  • Mission To Mars. Usually like a bit of sci-fi, and the cast looked descent (Tim Robbins, Gary Sinise, Don Cheadle), but it was just so poor, and the ending was so disappointing. Just derivative crap, done a thousands time in novels and short stories, just told better in all of those than this rubbish excuse for a film.
  • Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Are you having a conversation with yourself Nicholas ; )
    Oh dear lol I meant to quote sillybilly aswell. Looks like there's two sillybilly's in the house :)

• The Hobbit. Zzzzzz
  • Sponsored links:

• Die Hard 5 was horrendous.
  • Prometheus. I enjoyed all four of the Alien films (to differing degrees admittedly) and Ridley Scott returns as director... but it was seriously pants. Not half as clever as it thought it was, apart from some good special effects and Michael Fassbender, it had absolutely nothing going for it.
  • Cheaper by the Dozen. Blair Witch Project.
  • edited February 2013

Blair Witch.

Abysmal to a degree that doesnt really exist...100 minutes of my life I can never get back.

• It was marketed very well though, my wife bought it. The idea that is not the DVD....
  • Blair Witch.

Nail on head.
  • No sequals? How about sequels then?
  • DA9 said:

Prometheus

This could have been called 'The Prometheus Award for Disappointing Movies'.

Fair enough to be disappointed by Blair Witch, but for a 30k movie like that to have even made it to your attention in the first place is pretty incredible.