Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul John Hodgson RIP

13»

Comments

• Options

Just found out day off work today , paul was a good friend and a great boss he will be missed by everyone that knew him

You worked for him?

• Options
    Paul with my youngest quite a few years ago.
  • Options
    Sounds a terrific guy. RIP Paul
  • Options
    I worked with him when he owned cray metal and now run kent powder coaters for him and his wife
  • Options

I worked with him when he owned cray metal and now run kent powder coaters for him and his wife

Are you Keith?
  • Options

Are you Keith?
    Keith is still at Cray Metal Finishers.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Are you Keith?
    Keith is still at Cray Metal Finishers.
    Thanks, I work about 100 yds from Kent Powder and have just popped to speak to Shaggy1134.
  • Options
    did he have a brother called Terry ? My old man went Leesons Hill and Walsingham but a few years earlier and my uncle who has the hairdressers on oneway system also went them schools.Still see Alan Walker a bit as his business is opposite me and Rob Capp started of Micron Windows and has passed it on to his son Jamie.
  • Options
    Brother is Alan. I'm in touch with Rob and John Capp. Remember Rob starting micron. Was a great move as people were buying the council houses and putting in new windows. Jamie runs it now I believe.
  • Options
    My dad (Keith) worked with Paul at CMF for so many years and he like so many others is devastated. I have so many happy memories of going to both home and away games with Paul. One of my favourite stories he told me was when he went to an away game and had a tenner on Charlton to win 3-0. Charlton scored a fourth goal in injury time to go on and win 4-0.

He was a great supporter of the club but more importantly a great man. The world is a sadder place without him in it.

Rest in peace Paul
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    markcafc said:

My dad (Keith) worked with Paul at CMF for so many years and he like so many others is devastated. I have so many happy memories of going to both home and away games with Paul. One of my favourite stories he told me was when he went to an away game and had a tenner on Charlton to win 3-0. Charlton scored a fourth goal in injury time to go on and win 4-0.

He was a great supporter of the club but more importantly a great man. The world is a sadder place without him in it.

Rest in peace Paul

Mark. I think that was Norwich away and Mendonca got all 3. If my memory serves me right Chapple scored on 90 and cost him over a grand. Someone on here will confirm if I have that right.
    I know your dad Keith. He,s a great bloke and Paul thought very highly of him.
  • Options
    What a great tribute - he sounds like a wonderful man.

RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Masicat, just seen this wonderful tribute to Paul. He was truly one of life's finest. Strong, but also a gentle giant. East Stand, Block D was a poorer place yesterday.
  • Options
    masicat said:

markcafc said:

Rest in peace Paul

Mark. I think that was Norwich away and Mendonca got all 3. If my memory serves me right Chapple scored on 90 and cost him over a grand. Someone on here will confirm if I have that right.
    I was at the game and had a few quid on mendonca to score first. When collecting my money the woman working there told me they were glad when the last goal went in as someone had money on a 3:0 doubled with mendonca1st scorer. She said it saved them over a grand, must have been the same guy.
  • Options

masicat said:

markcafc said:

Rest in peace Paul

I was at the game and had a few quid on mendonca to score first. When collecting my money the woman working there told me they were glad when the last goal went in as someone had money on a 3:0 doubled with mendonca1st scorer. She said it saved them over a grand, must have been the same guy.
    That was him and that was the bet.
  • Options
    cjolli said:

Masicat, just seen this wonderful tribute to Paul. He was truly one of life's finest. Strong, but also a gentle giant. East Stand, Block D was a poorer place yesterday.

Thanks CJ. Should know funeral date today. Sounds like I missed a great game!!
  • Options
    Paul's funeral Thursday March 14th at Bobbing Crematorium, Sittingbourne Kent. Donations here. http://www.justgiving.com/Ellie-Hodgson1