Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Youth Team when I was growing up

13»

Comments

• Anyone else remember Alan Ellis. Looked a class player, if lightweight, but disappeared after a few games. What happened to him?

You are right, he was a class act. I bet Gliksten was thinking lovely, more money in the bank.
    Got badly injured very early in his career and that was about it.
    I think he made his debut with Shipperley. Not sure.
  • Yes. Definitely made debut with Shipps. Quite a contrast in size and style between the two!
  • Vincenzo said:

On a road in Eltham I passed two rubbish collection vans. The company name on the side of each van was 'Dean Chandler Waste Removal' or something similar. Had Charlton stickers on the windscreen.

It was Dean Chandler - Rubbish Clearance as I remember.
    Don't think that's our Dean Chandler. If it is then it looks like he's had a pretty tough life considering he's only 39: http://www.chandlerrubbish.co.uk/
  • Didnt we have another Andy Gray back in the mid 90's? Think he was a full back - but not sure he featured in the first team.
  • AshBurton said:

supaclive said:

supaclive said:

Paul Sturgess was in the year above me at Swanley Standard and so we played a few times together. He left Millwall and ended up in places like Hereford and Gravesend & Northfleet. He also married my first ever girlfriend, had two kids with her and they divorced about five years ago.

Was her brother called Scott , supaclive ?

Yes! Spooky just saw this question @Fanny Fanackapan
    At 31 months, probably a Charlton Life record for the longest ever wait for an answer to a question?
    You clearly haven't seen the Olympic Stadium thread and the questions put to the dynamic duo that is @gavros and @GermanEastEnder
  • Saw Dean Chandler score at Reading away and didn't he get done for taking drugs?
  • Dean Chandler is a site manager for a large Essex based construction company. He tells anyone that will listen that he is an ex West Ham pro, he is obviously still smoking good s**t if he thinks he is ex West Ham
  • Saw Dean Chandler score at Reading away and didn't he get done for taking drugs?

Yep. Last game of the season, on the telly at Elm Park. Lost 2-1.

Him and Bowyer got caught for smoking weed.
  • Does that make them a pair of dopes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Geoff Thomas.

Went to Dorking.
  • What about Danny Mills the 1st ?

Whatever happened to him?

Was best mates with Scott Minton, drank in Henry's in Bromley.
  • buckshee said:

Ricky Antoine was another name I remember.

He ended up at Bromley for quite a while.
    And Dulwich Hamlet
  • He was offered a contract with us but emigrated to Canada with a girl, broke up and came home within a few months. He called curbs and asked if he could sign the contract and was polite told no! He ended up being an extra on dream team
  • Remember Geoff Thomas and Paul Murray, they used to come up to Charlton Park some Sundays and have a kick about with us, Geoff used to live down Charlton Lane, Paul Murray was Irish if i remember correctly.