Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    21-1 Fulton c off Broad.
  • Options
    49-2
  • Options
    65-3
  • Options
    146-4
  • Options
    We gonna lose this one Len?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

We won't lose but, judging by the forecast, the weather could well deprive us of the win so hopefully we'll pick up some more wickets tonight.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Off_it said:

We won't lose but, judging by the forecast, the weather could well deprive us of the win so hopefully we'll pick up some more wickets tonight.

That's it mate, every silver lining ...........
  • Options
    Guptill's gone, 153-5
  • Options
    Dropping like flies now
  • Options
    154-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Len's gonna be proper doubly gutted if we wrap this up tonight!
  • Options
    I think there is a culture inb English cricket of not really giving the weather it's due consideration in all forms of the game. Seeing we are getting so many things right, this has to be the next thing to address.
  • Options
    FairPlay to anyone who goes along tomorrow
  • Options
    I've heard the reasons but i still can't understand them. If we'd made them follow on, we'd have bowled them out for about 200 and knocked the runs off, won the match and be going home. Now we're sitting waiting for the weather to hold off tomorrow. Yes it's a series win that counts but i'm sure (someone correct me if i'm not) that you get ranking points for actually winning matches too
  • Options

I've heard the reasons but i still can't understand them. If we'd made them follow on, we'd have bowled them out for about 200 and knocked the runs off, won the match and be going home. Now we're sitting waiting for the weather to hold off tomorrow. Yes it's a series win that counts but i'm sure (someone correct me if i'm not) that you get ranking points for actually winning matches too

Trott basically said they ignore the weather forecasts. Absolutely pathetic decision. Like you said, we'd have won the game by now, if they'd followed on.
  • Options
    England should have declared after an hour/ninety minutes this morning, that would have given them enough runs and more time to bowl NZ out in one day. If the weather had stayed good there would have been the possibility of a new ball just before the close or first thing as well. Unless it rains all day tomorrow England will still win, but they've made heavy weather out of winning this Test and setting NZ something like 470 runs to win was unnecessary and smacks of trying to not just win but humiliate NZ in the process.
  • Options

Trott basically said they ignore the weather forecasts. Absolutely pathetic decision. Like you said, we'd have won the game by now, if they'd followed on.
    This happened in a key 20 20 match a few years back - they make cricket decisions, not weather decisons which is crazy. Somebody has to do something about it. May be a good thing in the long run if we draw this game!
  • Options
    I'm not sure there'd be the same uproar if we were in the same situation at the Oval in August.
  • Options
    but we are playing New Zealand.
  • Options
    They'll get away with it as we probably only need 45 mins to an hours play today to clean up the tail but either way, saying you just "ignore the weather forecast" is a bit ridiculous in cricket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Play to start at 11.45. It has been raining & the forecast is more rain. If I were NZ I'd get out on purpose & then everyone can relax :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    McCullum C & B Broad 1

Excellent diving catch.

162-7.
  • Options
    218-8

Southee gone for 38 after a couple of great shots.
  • Options
    Southee C Trott B Swann 38. 5 wickets for Swann in this innings.
  • Options
    Well done Swanny! recovery from his op has been amazingly speedy!
  • Options
    Nine wickets in this test as well (and his first nine at Headingley), hopefully he'll grab at least one of the last two.
  • Options
    bad light stops play. boooooooo
  • Options
    Taking an early lunch. #whatafookinfarce.
  • Options
    Schedule or shedule?
  • Options
    If there's no more play and we fall just these 2 wickets short (realistically about 20-30 mins bowling time) then Cook/flower are going to look complete fools for making us bat on past a 400-450 lead yesterday