Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking ticket

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just been issued a ticket for parking outside my own home, going to appeal because why the hell not but doubt I'll be successful. Had one side of car up the kerb like a lot of people do round here, just to try reduce risk of being clipped by larger vehicles as it's a fairly narrow road. No common sense by these jobsworths though I realise that technically I'm in the wrong, it's just bloody frustrating.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Just been issued a ticket for parking outside my own home, going to appeal because why the hell not but doubt I'll be successful. Had one side of car up the kerb like a lot of people do round here, just to try reduce risk of being clipped by larger vehicles as it's a fairly narrow road. No common sense by these jobsworths though I realise that technically I'm in the wrong, it's just bloody frustrating.

Unless there is a by-law that says otherwise, kerbing your vehicle is not an offence, is it?

Check the end of the ticket to see if it is a wind-up ticket, there has been a few news stories of residents buying wind-up parking tickets to put on cars parked anti-socially.
  • Options
    You say a lot of other people park on the kerb, have they had parking tickets.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Fiiish said:

Talal said:

Unless there is a by-law that says otherwise, kerbing your vehicle is not an offence, is it?

• Options
    Badger said:

You say a lot of other people park on the kerb, have they had parking tickets.

Mine was the only car there at the time, whether others have received them in the past I don't know but I've been parking that way for about 4 years with no issue until today.
  • Options
    And unfortunately it's not a wind up ticket!
  • Options
    Just looked it up and in certain places it is. Huh. If my local council decided to enforce this rule it would rake in tens of thousands of pounds per day.

Maybe if they did that they could afford to build some car parks!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Talal said:

Check the end of the ticket to see if it is a wind-up ticket, there has been a few news stories of residents buying wind-up parking tickets to put on cars parked anti-socially.
    I'm sure this isn't a hard and fast rule but generally you cannot park on the kerb in London, you can in the rest of the country
  • Options
    As a general rule - there is no parking on the kerb within the Mayor of London area - unless specifically signposted.

This is a "make room for prams and wheelchairs (etc) idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    On the kerb will likely be deemed ok on appeal. Over the kerb is an encroachment into the pavement area. Had this myself when parked up on a really wide pavement on a narrow road. Really annoying. Applies to anywhere within the m25, or did, a few years ago.