Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm absolutely speechless

Comments

• Options
    My son is 9 months and He has attended five or six times now. He doesn't moan or whinge much - just sits there in the baby bjorn and snuggles in. It means I can't jump up and down to celebrate but as I sit in the West stand we are all far too reserved to celebrate properly anyway.
    It gives my wife an opportunity to spend a bit of time with our daughter and I get to bond with my little boy. what's not to like?
  • Options
    You'd think by now at the Valley the club would have turned one of the hospitality suites into a maternity suite , so the blokes can't miss the matches.
  • Options

Are people here on a wind up, or what?

The bloke took the baby to a football match, not a bloody sex orgy or a get-square in Rwanda.

Sure, most on here wouldn't do it, doesn't make the bloke some kind of child abuser FFS.

This.

OK, so its certainly not the norm but some are going off as if it was a disgrace against humanity.
  • Options
    think it's a bit bizarre myself and surely too many circumstances in which the child could get injured
  • Options
    I find it very weird. The noise would have been overwhelming last night. And 4 games and he's 3 weeks old.
    Weird, very weird.
  • Options
    It was a Swansea fan on the wind up.
  • Options
    Totally pointless
  • Options

think it's a bit bizarre myself and surely too many circumstances in which the child could get injured

Er, how? If the kid is in a 'chest carrier' then what is the difference between taking it to a football match or to a crowded shopping centre or an airport?

The bloke would have been sitting down in a seat, or standing still, so I don't see what the big fuss is about.

I agree that four games in two weeks might be a bit OTT though.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It was a wind up, but if he was being serious then id be a bit weirded out by it.

My little girl is 3 months old, still only weighs 10lbs and i wouldnt dream of taking her to football.

The difference between a shopping centre or airport and a football stadium is different. Much more of a chance of being bumped into by a pissed up dickhead for a start. Then theres the noise...and the cold.
  • Options
    wow, people on this place really do like to get offended
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Don't think anyone's offended...just think its really strange and unfair on the kid!!
    Anyway it's a wind up so don't matter.
  • Options
    What is a get-square Ormiston?
  • Options
    Won't somebody please think of the children?!
  • Options
    How much did the ticket for the 3 week old cost, and how does it compare to our pricing model for spectators that age?
  • Options
    I think its great that a whole family go to football together.
  • Options
    Can they take buggys in?
  • Options
    Mosscat said:

there's the answer. Couldn't get a babysitter.

• Options

It was a wind up, but if he was being serious then id be a bit weirded out by it.

My little girl is 3 months old, still only weighs 10lbs and i wouldnt dream of taking her to football.

The difference between a shopping centre or airport and a football stadium is different. Much more of a chance of being bumped into by a pissed up dickhead for a start. Then theres the noise...and the cold.

Not in Bexleyheath!!!
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

What is a get-square Ormiston?

A machete fight between the rival Hutu and Tutsi tribes to get even after the massacre in 1994.

• Options
    Mosscat said:

Yeah, should take the dog as well :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    No way a baby that age would withstand the noise at football matches.
  • Options
    It's something that the kid will be able to speak about in the future. How many threads has CL had on the 'I was there' basis e.g the last game at The Valley, the return to The Valley, the play-off finals etc etc. This is probably their biggest thing since 1927 (not counting all those Welsh Cup wins) and he'll be on their forum in 50 years time saying 'I was there in 2013, but can't tell you much about it'. If my mum hadn't put her foot down I'd have been at Wembley in '47 if my dad had had his way, but then I suppose 8 months would be considered too old compered to this taffy and some of the next CL generation.
  • Options
    Id be peed off if someone with a very young baby was sat in front of me and I wanted to scream and shout about getting promotion. Imagine if he turned round and said "shhhh the baby is sleeping".

• Options

We get a good away point and Valley Gary is having a pop at our fans again as "Pissed up dickheads".

Typical

; - )
  • Options

Er, how? If the kid is in a 'chest carrier' then what is the difference between taking it to a football match or to a crowded shopping centre or an airport?

The bloke would have been sitting down in a seat, or standing still, so I don't see what the big fuss is about.

I agree that four games in two weeks might be a bit OTT though.
    I would rather see a baby at the football than in an airport. Can't stand babies on planes and the pressure on their ears is much worse than the noise of a match.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

OK to take it to The Valley then? :-)
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Yeh they can dish it out but they can't take it, little sods.
  • Options
    I am sure that is a misconception. All advice from highly qualified people I checked with said there was absolutely no harm done by flying with babies

• Options

Jayajosh said:

Yeh they can dish it out but they can't take it, little sods.
    Had to chortle at that.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

So his son has been home and away and is 3 weeks, mental, what must the mother say!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa