Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013/2014 Our 15-20 Goal Striker

Comments

• Options

Cardiff is a bit misleading anyway. They bought a 15-20 goal striker (Maynard) who got injured. Then they shared the goals out around the side but then in january bought a 15-20 goal striker (Campbell) to get them over the line. If those 2 played a whole season in this league they'd easily get 20 goals.

Hull also share the goals out but Gedo would probably have got them 15-20 goals if he'd been there all season.

Back in August Hull signed a big money '20 goal' striker in Nick Proschwitz, for a cool £2.6m. So far he's got 2 league goals, and no he hasn't been out injured.
  • Options
    Don't think it makes much difference if you have a 20 goal a season striker if you're just as capable of picking goals up all across the team.

There are currently only 4 players in the league who have hit or exceeded the 20 goal mark (Vydra, Austin, Rhodes, Murray).

Personally I think Kermorgant is more than capable of reaching 15-20 goals a season if he doesn't suffer any long term injuries.
  • Options

what kind of season has that Wycombe striker from last season had ?

Stuart beavon?

• Options
    Think Danny Haynes given a good run in the team could be 20 goal man at this level. Looking away from what we allready have we would probally have to take a risk an undiscovered foriegn talent, a young premier league reject or a lower league upstart. As can't see us reallistcally affording anyone with a proven track record in this league.

Of our current strikers Yann is a great target man and will score goals, BWP will never cut it at this level, Haynes as more of an impact sub but as mentioned I reckon could improve still , Fuller is only going decline and the rest are just loans at the moment as far as I can see.

It's so hard to look down the lower leagues and attempt to predict a player will step up to Champ for example Leon Clarke, Izale Mcleod, BWP all prolific in the leagues below but have proven a step up to the championship is a step to far so many players.

One player I would like to see have a go at getting is Steve Davies from Bristol City, now they are relegated he would want to stay there I would imagine he could the pacey fox in the box style player who would score bags of goals given the right service.
  • Options

Stuart beavon?

That's him. Just seen he has had a poor season at Preston. 6 in 31

• Options

Stuart beavon?

That's him. Just seen he has had a poor season at Preston. 6 in 31

Don't know ... sorry.

• Options
    Jackson would ge good. Dwight Gayle scores at this level.
  • Options
    tello on loan.
  • Options
    Andy Johnson. Now that's put everyone in a tailspin!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Scoring goals hasn't been the problem. The 3 wins we have lacked this season have been more about dropping points late on in home games.

We are 4-5 players short across the board of mounting a serious challenge.

Yes we need an additional striker, but will also need a central midfielder, right midfielder and centre back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard J said:

Simeon Jackson- Norwich, would be good 26 yo
    Fontaine would be good again but 31 years old so only short term
    Nouble- 20 Years old

A list of Championship players out of contract here as at work cant post everyone i think at mo

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?240165-Championship-players-out-of-contract-this-summer

That link is for last season.They had Button at Barnsley.
    Sorry ppl didnt realise, Premiership ones are correct though.

On the Nouble front although he's prob not available now saw he scored a couple in the week, i didn't see him when he was on loan here but always thought he was quick and has potential.
    Nouble was unbelieveably bad & Powell wouldn't take him back if you paid him.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Nugent is never going to get 20 goals a season again.

DJ Campbell and Ebanks-Blake could with a decent team behind them.

I'd like McCormack from Leeds, but is probably unlikely.

Or Varney back?

Waghorn if he were available.

Simeon Jackson is a good shout.

Not sure about Baldock but he'd done well in an awful team but hasn't scored anymore than either Jackson or Yann. Steve Davies, his team mate has scored more than him.

Leroy Lita?

Of the current lot I'd say only Danny Haynes could reach 20+ IF he could stay fit.

• Options
    I don't think we have a 20 goal striker at the club. I suspect we still won't this time next year.
  • Options
    Sordell for me all day long. Although I don't think Bolton would accept anything less than 1 million for him which puts him out of our price range
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

How's Obika been playing chaps? Is he good enough to get a chance at Spurs?
    Havent seen much of him in the last 18 months.

So far he's scored one goal, he's another who needs a couple of starts in our last few games to show what he can do. CP in the meantime is presumably watching him in the reserve matches and in training. Is his lack of game time a hint that CP isn't that impressed??

i doubt it since powell said he was knocking on the door asking what he needs to do to get picked that shows he has confidence in his ability probably just powell not wanting to change it up too much
  • Options
    waghorn would be class but might be a bit pricey
    grigg would be the cheaper option and baldock might not be too bad either
  • Options
    a Pope at Charlton !!!! NEVER ---NEVER--NEVER
  • Options
    Agree with Simeon Jackson and Marvin Sordell. Would love us to sign Kevin Doyle from Wolves. Not sure about Baldock - has not done very well at Brizzle. Don't really know lower league players well enough to judge.

For those likely to be coming down from the Prem, what about Le Fondre at Reading.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options

Richard J said:

Simeon Jackson- Norwich, would be good 26 yo
    Fontaine would be good again but 31 years old so only short term
    Nouble- 20 Years old

A list of Championship players out of contract here as at work cant post everyone i think at mo

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?240165-Championship-players-out-of-contract-this-summer

That link is for last season.They had Button at Barnsley.
    Sorry ppl didnt realise, Premiership ones are correct though.

On the Nouble front although he's prob not available now saw he scored a couple in the week, i didn't see him when he was on loan here but always thought he was quick and has potential.
    nouble was dreadful in Div 1 signed for wolves last summer. 2 friends are wolves ST holders both hold the same view as me. Gone to Ipswich (loan?) don't know any Ipswich but remember he scored for us @ dagenham ....while standing on the goal line. Prefer to look at overall play & consistent goal attempts than one match (no offence intended)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Pearson gets the boot at L:eicester - which is highly likely, maybe we could look to bring in one of their strikers if they are out of favour with the new boss, such as Wood,Vardy or Waghorn - maybe Schlupp for good measure.

Pope too old, Nouble - good gawd no.
  • Options
    I'd rather get jimmy floyd piggybank out of retirement than have frank nouble playing for us again. Terrible player.
  • Options

Free scoring Leeds superstar Luke Varney?

Or have we already tried him?
  • Options

a Pope at Charlton !!!! NEVER ---NEVER--NEVER

Hate to tell you, but we already have goalie Nick Pope...

• Options
    Never surrender weggie
  • Options
    I would try for Simeon Jackson we could paobably afford him and in my minds eye i think he would link with big Kermit very well
  • Options
    worth noting too that we prospered in the Premier League without a 20 goal striker for a number of years then once one arrived (Bent) we got relegated the following season

sometimes being too reliant on one player leads to the rest of the team not pulling their weight

having said that we definitely need a new striker for next season
  • Options
    Would absolutely love Waghorn back and a BWP replacement.
  • Options
    Max Clayton
  • Options

Bring back BWP.

He would be cheap (and grateful) and we could spend the money we save on a decent midfielder which is what we really need.