Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013/2014 Our 15-20 Goal Striker

13»

Comments

• Options
    Will Grigg
  • Options
    or Hasselbaink
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Joe Mason (Cardiff) - 21 years old. Is bound to be pushed further down the pecking order once Cardiff start splashing the cash. A loan could be a good move for all concerned. 14 league goals in 69 championship appearances (37 starts, 32 sub apps) Weren't we linked with him during his time at Plymouth?

Matt Fryatt (Hull) - 27 years old. Lost the majority of this season to an achilles injury but is now involved again. Scored 16 Championship goals in 2011/12 (Out of Hull's total of 47). SCP knows him from his time at Leicester. If a permanent deal is too rich, he is also a loan candidate if Hull go up and strengthen.

Just throwing a couple of names into the discussion..
  • Options
    Those 2 aren't bad shouts, often the strikers that get a club promoted quickly get moved on, Billy Sharp for example or indeed Rob Hulse.
  • Options

Bring back BWP.

He would be cheap (and grateful) and we could spend the money we save on a decent midfielder which is what we really need.

I actually agree with a decent midfield behind him giving him service I can see him scoring goals for us.
  • Options
    Simeon Jackson.

We need somebody with pace to compliment Kermorgant. Baldock is a good shout, but my first choice would be Jackson.
  • Options

Scoring goals hasn't been the problem. The 3 wins we have lacked this season have been more about dropping points late on in home games.

We are 4-5 players short across the board of mounting a serious challenge.

Yes we need an additional striker, but will also need a central midfielder, right midfielder and centre back.

Agree with this clemmy. There's definitely goals in the current squad. We may need more than one striker though given the contract sutuation of Haynes, bwp and fuller.

• Options
    Unless there is significant movement in our financial position I can see another lean summer with lots of dashed hopes...
  • Options

Richard J said:

Simeon Jackson- Norwich, would be good 26 yo
    Fontaine would be good again but 31 years old so only short term
    Nouble- 20 Years old

A list of Championship players out of contract here as at work cant post everyone i think at mo

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?240165-Championship-players-out-of-contract-this-summer

That link is for last season.They had Button at Barnsley.
    Sorry ppl didnt realise, Premiership ones are correct though.

On the Nouble front although he's prob not available now saw he scored a couple in the week, i didn't see him when he was on loan here but always thought he was quick and has potential.
    nouble was dreadful in Div 1 signed for wolves last summer. 2 friends are wolves ST holders both hold the same view as me. Gone to Ipswich (loan?) don't know any Ipswich but remember he scored for us @ dagenham ....while standing on the goal line. Prefer to look at overall play & consistent goal attempts than one match (no offence intended)
    Alex Dyer to Powell not to sign him - CP ignored him ... so CP says
  • Options
    I'd be wary of signing Pope. He's 28 in August, has never played above league one level and until this season has never been prolific. Could just be a one season wonder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unless there is significant movement in our financial position I can see another lean summer with lots of dashed hopes...

Totally agree with this. I think the majority of the names being put forward here are all pure fantasy given our current financial situation, including some of the league 1 players.

• Options
    Isn't Pope considered a big target man? We need something different.
  • Options

a Pope at Charlton !!!! NEVER ---NEVER--NEVER

Hate to tell you, but we already have goalie Nick Pope...

We could do with a few left-footers at the club to be fair...
  • Options

As said Cardiff and Hull haven't needed one although I'm sure their managers wish they had one.

On the other hand Blackburn and Palace have been over reliant on their sole goal scorers. When Murray stopped scoring Palace have started losing.

Build a team and squad and don't be reliant on one player who might get injured or lose form.

Good post
  • Options
    Whenever we haven't got a goalscorer burning up the charts people say, "if only we had a goalscorer then we'd be further up the league".

Then, when we've got one people say, "if only we had another goalscorer to take the pressure off X - if he doesn't score then we don't score. If we had another goalscorer we'd be further up the league"

It was always thus.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Whenever we haven't got a goalscorer burning up the charts people say, "if only we had a goalscorer then we'd be further up the league".

Then, when we've got one people say, "if only we had another goalscorer to take the pressure off X - if he doesn't score then we don't score. If we had another goalscorer we'd be further up the league"

It was always thus.

100% this.

• Options
    Kevin Doyle- Wolves
    Simeon Jackson- Norwich
    Cristian Tello- Barcelona
  • Options
    Antse7en said:

Off_it said:

It was always thus.

100% this thus.

• Options

Simeon Jackson- Norwich, would be good 26 yo
    Fontaine would be good again but 31 years old so only short term
    Nouble- 20 Years old

A list of Championship players out of contract here as at work cant post everyone i think at mo

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?240165-Championship-players-out-of-contract-this-summer

Nouble? Pass me the bucket. I will never ever ever forget that performance away at Dagenham when we lost 2-1.
  • Options
    Those saying Baldock hasn't done much at Bristol City...he's scored 10 for a bottom of the table side and was injured for a chunk of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Will Grigg could be worth a go also like what I've seen of Wallsall's young striker Jamie Paterson, only 21 with 13 goals this season
  • Options

Joe Mason (Cardiff) - 21 years old. Is bound to be pushed further down the pecking order once Cardiff start splashing the cash. A loan could be a good move for all concerned. 14 league goals in 69 championship appearances (37 starts, 32 sub apps) Weren't we linked with him during his time at Plymouth?

Matt Fryatt (Hull) - 27 years old. Lost the majority of this season to an achilles injury but is now involved again. Scored 16 Championship goals in 2011/12 (Out of Hull's total of 47). SCP knows him from his time at Leicester. If a permanent deal is too rich, he is also a loan candidate if Hull go up and strengthen.

Just throwing a couple of names into the discussion..

Both really good suggestions - get on the phone to Powell!
  • Options
    Nahki Wells
  • Options
    George weah
  • Options
    Nick someone from the teams who don't make it up from League one! Cheap, Madden from Yeovil!
  • Options
    Teddy sheringham