Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millsmall - Up or down?

edited April 2013 in General Charlton
As our slim promotion prospects have been laid to rest, we can consider the predicament of our friends down the road. A game in hand, but only one point off the relegation zone. Palarse at home on Tues and Derby away next Sat.

On current form Id expect them to lose the Palarse game but nick a point at Derby. So they end up surviving by the skin of their teeth by a point or so....

Comments

• Maybe some mug on here will offer some odds.
  • Hope Wolves, Millwall and Posh go down.
  • dizzee said:

Hope Wolves, Millwall and Posh go down.

Since Brizzle are already down. Something tells me your hope won't be fullfilled. lol
  • Not sure where your current forms coming from trev! Palace havent won any of their last 8 games!
  • edited April 2013

Not sure where your current forms coming from trev! Palace havent won any of their last 8 games!

I was referring to Millwalls, but youre quite correct Palarse are in free fall at the mo. But Millwall have been shocking at home recently so I fancy Palarse to beat them there regardless....

• That 2-0 home defeat to them looks costly at both ends now!
  • Who the feck are Wall
  • Who the feck are Wall

Exactly NLA. Admin need to start coming down hard on the use of this filth before it gets a foothold...

• Bristol City are down and Wolves need a miracle to survive. The one place remaining will go to either Barnsley or Peterborough. The game in hand that Millwall have will secure one point and that should be enough. Palace will first and foremost set up not to lose at The Toolbox as one point for them will also suit. Goalless on Tuesday so only the slim hope that Wendy come unstuck.
  • Both of them are struggling at the moment but palace look to be the stronger to me and I think they will win at the toolbox.even though derby are safe millwall will be dreading going there if they need any kind of result.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the spanners draw with the Nigel's, both can still lose on the last day and go down / drop out of the top six respectively. Happy day 1-1 it is then!
  • STOP CALLING THEM 'WALL !!!! (Angry face smiley thingy).
  • "Wall"!

To be honest I think it would be hilarious if Palace missed out on the playoffs
  • Loco said:

If the spanners draw with the Nigel's, both can still lose on the last day and go down / drop out of the top six respectively. Happy day 1-1 it is then!

It really is a win-win situation on Tuesday. A defeat for either leaves the other one needing a win the final day if other results don't go their way, and as you say a draw could lead to one going down and the other missing out on the play offs...

Probably neither will happen, but it is nice to be guaranteed that one or both will be sweating on the final day.
  • se9addick said:

"Wall"!

To be honest I think it would be hilarious if Palace missed out on the playoffs

Even better if they are killed off by Brighton who together with us and Bolton are the form teams right now...

As for Millwall, the best solution for the policing issues with them is relegation - simples

• edited April 2013
    us winning our last game and finishing the season so strongly with no 'traditional' slump for the second year on the trot, finishing top half ect ect... then hearing that the spanners have been relegated would make the already sweet tasting nectar that is orangina most defiantly slip down even easier... happy happy days! :~)
  • Well I'm going off on the piss after the game. Victory would make things better. Millwall getting relegated would make life on the whole seem better and Palace missing out would be ......well. I might even buy a round.
  • As Palace are sure to f**k it up in the play-offs anyway, I'll be hoping for an away win on tuesday night..................
  • To quote a certain Mr. Keegan, I would luuv it if they went down, luuv it.
  • Would you rather 'Wall go down of Pal' don't go up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I'm just happy with how 'ton have done.
  • I'd be surprised if Millwall go down, but stranger things have happened (like what happened in the Brentford game yesterday!).
  • Millwall to beat palace, both to stay in the championship, reading, qpr and bournemouth to join us, and hopefully brentford too and watford and brighton to fail in the playoffs...8 easy travel away dsys next season
  • No brainier, send them back to where they belong in the lower reaches. Would be a dream come true if we never had to play the scum again. Don't give a monkey's what the win for Palarse on Tuesday means, as they are nothing but an irritation. Anyway Brighton will smash Palarse at some point during the play offs.
  • Can someone change the title when did we start adopting their pet name
  • Millsmall's even more embarrassing.
  • No it ain't nowhere near

They are

Smallwill
    Millsmall
  • No it ain't nowhere near

They are

Smallwill
    Millsmall

Only if your an 8 year old in the playground !
  • Childish nicknames are embarrassing, just call them Millwall, The Scum or Le Scum if you're French.
  • Who are they then