Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Sullivan and Mambo released this summer

124»

Comments

• Options
    Glad for him, he and Hamer had a great bromance going on, they used to holiday there together, and even a few years ago Sully said he loved the US and would move there if he could.
  • Options
    Have you seen some of the gaffs he's been showing people around, its hardly Mann & Co. They make Irving Towers look like a two up, two down ;)
  • Options
    He has been out in Vegas for quite a while now. Had a few messages back and forth with him on Twitter about it - seems very happy.

Also made me realise how cheap house buying in Vegas is compared to London!
  • Options
    on
    Been seeing on Twitter him talking about being involved in sales of luxury homes. Good luck to him, shame as I think he was a decent lower league keeper. Must've thought he'd make more money selling houses so fair play. Surely there's a pro club in the states he could get a contract at (more NASL than MLS I'm thinking).
  • Options
    Good luck to him Vegas is a brilliant place.
  • Options
    He always talks about his time with us in glowing terms despite being very much a bit part player.

Pleased for him.
  • Options
    He jacked in playing because of mental health issues - went over there as some sort of promoter and fixer. Had always said he's loving it over there so I'm glad things went well for him
  • Options

Was part of a squad that had a special bond with each other and the fans.

Went through some mental health issues and depression and was clearly unhappy despite having a profession and a probable lifestyle that many crave.

Was strong enough to get hold of his life and make the necessary changes and is clearly enjoying life again.

Wish him well.

We've had other mental health threads and posters on here, but it goes without saying that that is.not.easy. Really happy for him, always seemed like a top bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like others, am so pleased that he is happy with his life now. Good team member. Wish him all the best.
  • Options
    Guy i work with is his brother in law and he says hes a top guy.
  • Options
    Shame he cant sign for some NASL team or lower squad in the US Divisions... Isnt the first Goalkeeper to fall out of love with Football

Remember Shane Supple was a really highly rated 'keeper coming through Ipswich a few seasons ago yet just decided to quit