Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Food items you hate/don't get.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    'wall

:s
    I don’t even call us that 😂
  • Options
    Everyone knows real 'wall were spawned in bexleyheath.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    if charlton life became china life i wonder what food stuff they couldn't stand? When i saw that Karl Pilkington show and the camera panned across to his coach driver scoffing down a chicken fetus still in its shell and some passer by chomping on a bit of scorpion head i thought they're one lot who couldn't possibly have any hang ups on what food stuff they intake. 
    Never heard of the show but the "things" you just mentioned are definitely not food here. Nobody in their right mind would eat them.😅
    you've broken the illusion!

its poor by the show makers then as it was meant to be an off beat travel/comedy show. To find out that was scripted and was done so it makes funny tv and to go along with Karl Pilkingtons theories/prejudices is a shame.  However if it was scripted then it was done well as the market stalls around him all had that on offer. 

edit: this is the episode on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpS77R7q_Fg
    Ewww.... That is soooo disgusting I had to stop watching.... I don't mean to sound rude but this is a huge country and some places really seem as foreign and backward/uncivilised to me as they do to you.
    I know what you mean. I have the same feelings when it comes to northerners putting gravy on their chips. vile. 
  • Options
    My mum used to cook brussel sprouts until they were mushy. The smell was horrible. Would not eat and of my food list for life.
    My wife basically Blanche's them and sprinkled with grated parmesan they are lovely. I recall the first time I took my future wife to my parents to Sunday dinner. Outcame the mushy sprouts, I thought she was going to throw up.
  • Options
    I can eat pretty much anything, but cannot stand:

Sweet potato - Silly f*ckers
    Tripe - Dirty northern b*stards
    Jellied eels - C*nts
  • Options
    One to split opinions! I ate at The Eagles, Llanuwchllyn, last month and enjoyed a hearty casserole - heart and kidney! Some seem to find that revolting, either singly or as a combination but I thought it wonderful...
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    My mum used to cook brussel sprouts until they were mushy. The smell was horrible. Would not eat and of my food list for life.
    My wife basically Blanche's them and sprinkled with grated parmesan they are lovely. I recall the first time I took my future wife to my parents to Sunday dinner. Outcame the mushy sprouts, I thought she was going to throw up.
    I like my sprouts "just so", which in  my case is firm (definitely not overcooked or mushy) and served up ready to eat (I don't like them keeping warm for any length of time as the taste deteriorates).
    Blanching wouldn't fit the bill for me, but I do sometimes just parboil them and then fry up in Olive Oil with chestnuts and onion.
  • Options
    One to split opinions! I ate at The Eagles, Llanuwchllyn, last month and enjoyed a hearty casserole - heart and kidney! Some seem to find that revolting, either singly or as a combination but I thought it wonderful...
    I used to enjoy cooking myself stuffed hearts or pan fried liver until I met my now wife who hates all offal. Haven't touched any for over 35 years and don't really miss it now.
    I used to like steak and kidney pie, but I went off kidney completely when I bought some to prepare myself and discovered they were smelly, sinewy sacks of sheep piss.
  • Options
    I used to enjoy cooking myself stuffed hearts or pan fried liver until I met my now wife who hates all offal. Haven't touched any for over 35 years and don't really miss it now.
    I used to like steak and kidney pie, but I went off kidney completely when I bought some to prepare myself and discovered they were smelly, sinewy sacks of sheep piss.
    Pan fried calves liver - the food of the Gods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Pan fried calves liver - the food of the Gods.
    Yeh, there was a time. I used to love it with bacon and fried onions, creamy mash, spring greens and thick dark gravy
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Only thing I cant eat is Bread and Butter pudding, they used to force you to eat all your food at Primary school, and the thought of forcing that down still turns my stomach. I will add Mango as something I wont eat after seeing Danepaks post!
    One day I was forced to eat a buttery jacket potato which I didn't like, and then prunes for dessert which I absolutely found vile. Despite my protests I was made to stay and eat it all even after all the other kids had left.

That bitch of a dinner lady (Mrs Whiting) got her just desserts when I subsequently threw it all up.

It took me about 10-15 years to face a jacket potato again which I do actually like a lot, but I have never ever ever ever ever got anywhere near eating prunes again - just the smell turns my stomach.

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Only thing I cant eat is Bread and Butter pudding, they used to force you to eat all your food at Primary school, and the thought of forcing that down still turns my stomach. I will add Mango as something I wont eat after seeing Danepaks post!
    One day I was forced to eat a buttery jacket potato which I didn't like, and then prunes for dessert which I absolutely found vile. Despite my protests I was made to stay and eat it all even after all the other kids had left.

That bitch of a dinner lady (Mrs Whiting) got her just desserts when I subsequently threw it all up.

It took me about 10-15 years to face a jacket potato again which I do actually like a lot, but I have never ever ever ever ever got anywhere near eating prunes again - just the smell turns my stomach.

You weren't at Maypole by any chance, were you? I remember her, and not fondly.
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    So you wouldn't go for a purée then?
    Délicieuse, n'est pas ? Err, non.
    Sometimes  it really irritates me how the French poo poo other nations' food especially the English.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Hal1x said:

Our son & daughter attended Maypole in the 80's.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Hal1x said:

yes all three of us were, me, jimmymelrose and golfaddick although at different times.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I was there from 70-76 or so. Good school, I enjoyed it. Apart from Mrs Whiting standing over me while I shovelled macaroni pudding into my mouth until my plate was clear, only to run out and gob it straight down the nearest drain. Pasta as a dessert, what sort of sick twat does that?
  • Options
    Pasta, any kind, just flour and water. Tastes like whatever it's slopping around in.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Pasta, any kind, just flour and water. Tastes like whatever it's slopping around in.
    Well that is kind of the point. Pasta was a staple food for the poor and was enhanced with flavoursome sauces and fillings.

You could say the same about bread as most, if not all people put something on it or in it to take away the blandness 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    IdleHans said:
    I was there from 70-76 or so. Good school, I enjoyed it. Apart from Mrs Whiting standing over me while I shovelled macaroni pudding into my mouth until my plate was clear, only to run out and gob it straight down the nearest drain. Pasta as a dessert, what sort of sick twat does that?
    Bloody hell. She abused children for years that woman.

You must know @LargeAddick