Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Food items you hate/don't get.

Comments

• Options
    Mango

• Options
    Celery. Hate the taste. Hate the smell. Put any other foodstuff on my plate and I'll happily scoff it down.
  • Options
    housty said:
    Celery. Hate the taste. Hate the smell. Put any other foodstuff on my plate and I'll happily scoff it down.
    Celery - it's just like eating wet hair.
  • Options
    Add me to the list of Pie/Mash/Liquor haters.
    The pies always seem to contain gristle and that is guaranteed to make me bring up some liquor of my own.
    In fact I hate most of that cor blimey cockney shit; jellied eels and most seafood.
    Winkles? Oh look I can pick a bogey out of a snail shell with a safety pin; cockles, mussels etc.
    Prawns I'm fine with, especially in garlic butter.
    Crab I would probably like the taste but am allergic.
    Lobster I have had but again seem to have a bad reaction.
    Turnips. Tasteless.
    Swede. Boring
    Anchovies.
    Whitebait.
    Cheap burgers and sausages (I don't like finding bits of bone, or unidentified things that look like sheeps eyes or mouses bums).
    Prefer to make my own burgers or pay for quality.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    if charlton life became china life i wonder what food stuff they couldn't stand? When i saw that Karl Pilkington show and the camera panned across to his coach driver scoffing down a chicken fetus still in its shell and some passer by chomping on a bit of scorpion head i thought they're one lot who couldn't possibly have any hang ups on what food stuff they intake. 
  • Options
    I love seafood but Oysters just doesn't work. Whelks, cockles, winkles and mussels yes but Oysters definitely not.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    housty said:
    Celery - it's just like eating wet hair.
    It may be an urban myth but apparently the energy required to eat raw celery is greater than the calorific value of it.
  • Options
    Ive said it a million times but I will never get pie n mash. I mean it’s alright but the fake clamour for cheap meat surrounded by crap undercooked pastry puzzles me. A proper pub pie with nice mashed potatoes, yes.

Parsnips - weird sweet veg. No thanks.

Cant think of much else I don’t like.
    So long as the proper pub pie really is a pie. And by that I mean a proper pie has a pastry top, bottom and sides. Hot fillings tipped into a ceramic dish and then covered with a pastry lid are not pies.
    @eaststandmike may I introduce to you Greens of Pangbourne. Available frozen by post, and all exceptional.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Add me to the list of Pie/Mash/Liquor haters.
    The pies always seem to contain gristle and that is guaranteed to make me bring up some liquor of my own.
    In fact I hate most of that cor blimey cockney shit; jellied eels and most seafood.
    Winkles? Oh look I can pick a bogey out of a snail shell with a safety pin; cockles, mussels etc.
    Prawns I'm fine with, especially in garlic butter.
    Crab I would probably like the taste but am allergic.
    Lobster I have had but again seem to have a bad reaction.
    Turnips. Tasteless.
    Swede. Boring
    Anchovies.
    Whitebait.
    Cheap burgers and sausages (I don't like finding bits of bone, or unidentified things that look like sheeps eyes or mouses bums).
    Prefer to make my own burgers or pay for quality.

You forgot whelks.

Saw my mate eat some, looked like huge green bogies to me.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    American Chocolate, for some reason i think its foul.
    Not just you. Google “why does Hersheys taste like vomit”…

the UK version of Hersheys is a different recipe from the original American.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Mango

Oh wow……mango is food of the gods, absolutely wonderful.🥭
  • Options
    I cba to scroll back but is this the thread where it started getting silly when someone posted “Pizza. It’s just circular cheese on toast”?
  • Options
    Most desserts but a special mention for custard and or Blancmange. 
    And as a vegetarian any meat. 

• Options
    I can’t lie, I love semolina.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Only thing I cant eat is Bread and Butter pudding, they used to force you to eat all your food at Primary school, and the thought of forcing that down still turns my stomach. I will add Mango as something I wont eat after seeing Danepaks post!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danepak said:
    Mango

Tastes like soap.
  • Options
    I can’t lie, I love semolina.
    Makes me want to throw up...
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Danepak said:
    Mango

Tastes like soap.
    Eh? Go wash your mouth out with Mango.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Carter said:
    Tapioca, Semolina or any of that ridiculous bubble tea nonsense come to that - Agreed

Plain croissants, those things are dull on their Todd - Love a proper butter croissant.

Korma, an affront to sub-continetal cuisine and how wonderfully creative and interesting it can be "I'll have a korma" eurgh, tell me you interfere with kids without telling me  - No dish in an 'Indlish' restaurant is Indian. They're all shite and made for poor western paletes, but tend to agree re Korma's

Jellied eels can get in the bin too, horrible smell, taste, texture. - Lovely stuff. I'm getting all misty eyed just thinking about them.

Pie and mash is overrated shit people get misty-eyed about, as a meal its about as bland as food comes. Everyone saying the pubs need to be proper pies, yes, yes and yes. And the mash needs to have had some effort put into it too - You're the sort that probably orders a Korma thinking it's a curry ;)Also, the meat in pub pies tend to be grainy meat fed on nothing but.....grain.

The quality of meat in this country upsets me too, intensive meat farming is good for nobody, not the animals, not the end user watching a load of saline exit the cheap chicken and bacon as it cooks and ends up looking like @Ketman goblins coin purse of a scrotum. To the horrible grainy beef fed on nothing but.... grain. - Buy your meat from somewhere reputable, then. This country has some fantastic meat producers and they're not difficult to find, either.

And who in the name of all that is holy wants bacon anyway other than crispy? Soggy bacon is an affront and tells me you hate your insides, you hate pigs and you probably give your fingers a good sniff after a raw scratch of your own jeer - Agreed

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Mashed potato
    Peanut butter (but love peanuts) 
    Any 'hot' food that has gone tepid.
    I don't mind mashed potato in a shepherd's or cottage pie but on it's own, no. Probably something to do with the way in which it can lose it's heat easily. 
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before on this thread, but my hate for it such that I’m happy to mention it again in capitals!

OFFAL!!!!
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Mango

Oh wow……mango is food of the gods, absolutely wonderful.🥭
    Mango's my favourite fruit, especially once it's fully ripe and gone slightly soft.
  • Options
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but turkey and cranberry sauce!
    Both of them are divine, but please not together.
  • Options
    Ive said it a million times but I will never get pie n mash. I mean it’s alright but the fake clamour for cheap meat surrounded by crap undercooked pastry puzzles me. A proper pub pie with nice mashed potatoes, yes.

Parsnips - weird sweet veg. No thanks.

Cant think of much else I don’t like.
    You should try a quality meat pie (upside down) floating on peas and gravy. Best version is to use a thick pea soup. It's called a pie floater and is said to be invented in Adelaide Australia. It's delicious.

• Options
    Was going to let this go, but the fact no-one has mentioned the devil's food yet means I'm more convinced than ever it's a huge conspiracy... 

Onions are foul! Especially raw. 

Why the world has to include them in every single goddamn dish I have no idea.