Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palarse vs Brighton

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/brighton-and-crystal-palace-the-unlikely-rivalry-that-sparked-a-war/

"With Brighton isolated in coastal East Sussex with no obvious rival to bicker with, and Palace the forgotten club of London, a team on the outskirts that the cockneys were disinterested in, this rivalry emerged as one of the fiercest between fans"

I can't be arsed to check but I think this comment is a little suspect:

"But while the geographical link is undeniable – Selhurst Park is closer to Brighton than any other football league ground, bar newly promoted Crawley ..."
    According to Google Maps, the distance between The Valley and Selhurst Park is 10.1 miles on the shortest driving route, whereas it's 46 miles between The Amex and Selhurst Park. Without reading the article, the writer has either not done his research, or is being funny in some way.
  • Options
    glad we didn't get Dean Hammond
  • Options
    Palace really are dire, have been since holloway took over. Holloway is a shocking manager who is being found out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the size of Shipperley .. Supertankperly more than ship
  • Options
    Neal Shipperly - Who ate all the pies?
  • Options
    Matt Upson is not a Engand international anymore FFS
  • Options
    No commentator Bridge isn't playing out of his skin, Zaha is just that overrated.
  • Options

glad all over you might say... god, watching these weirdo's better not be rubbing off

• Options
    Someone on Facebook just posted there are 21 football league grounds closer to Selhurst than the Amex so that article is definitely being sarci.
  • Options

Only 1 winner in this, Brighton

Because that always happens in football....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/brighton-and-crystal-palace-the-unlikely-rivalry-that-sparked-a-war/

"With Brighton isolated in coastal East Sussex with no obvious rival to bicker with, and Palace the forgotten club of London, a team on the outskirts that the cockneys were disinterested in, this rivalry emerged as one of the fiercest between fans"

"But while the geographical link is undeniable – Selhurst Park is closer to Brighton than any other football league ground, bar newly promoted Crawley ..."
    According to Google Maps, the distance between The Valley and Selhurst Park is 10.1 miles on the shortest driving route, whereas it's 46 miles between The Amex and Selhurst Park. Without reading the article, the writer has either not done his research, or is being funny in some way.
    Closest to Brighton.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    Hope he has paid for those 2 seats..........
  • Options

I think they meant that the shiitehole Park is the (was the) nearest ground to Brighton. Which it probably was before Crawley joined the league, now Crawley are there, the Nigels are left without any rivals again.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Hope he has paid for those 2 seats..........

Shipperley? .. it took 2 hours for him to berth
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ian isn't looking impressed.
  • Options

Closest to Brighton.
    I made that mistake too and spent the last five mins researching all the grounds closer to Selhurst than the Amex (lots btw)!
  • Options
    Just wish Brighton would just play it simple. When they do, it's normally to devastating effect. Too many players trying to be 'cute' with the little flicks.............
  • Options
    that ulloa fella is having a very poor game
  • Options
    Who is this co-commentator? He is starting to grate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Closest to Brighton.
    Duh! Even after you just pointed it out I was thinking, "What is he going on about?" All makes sense now, what an idiot I am.
  • Options
    Commentators talking a load of poo.
  • Options

Disagree, think he's been playing well. If Brighton go up and discard, then he's one we should be after.
  • Options
    Palace looking more lively now
  • Options
    rubbish so far .. totally suits BHA
  • Options
    The half was dull
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mackail-Smith .. he's lost the curly barnet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They are really bumming Zaha.. he's done next to nothing. HT 0-0
  • Options
    Fed up with Mark Bright's familiarity with the Palace players.
  • Options
    How the **** did Palarse take 6 points off of us...........................Bl@@dy lucky