Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BT sport

Anyone notice these new channels. 38 Premiership games next season. Free if you are a BT broadband customer. Seems a no brainer. Might have to move my broadband.

Comments

• Options
    You seem to be not the only one impressed by this.

BT shares went up over 12% on Friday.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Anyone notice these new channels. 38 Premiership games next season. Free if you are a BT broadband customer. Seems a no brainer. Might have to move my broadband.

I saw the adverts but couldn't figure out if it was free on Sky so long as you have BT broadband or it was free if you had BT's TV service (Vision) and broadband.

What they've bought is ESPNs package and I told myself I wouldn't renew ESPN as I just wasn't watching enough of it but obviously if its free then as you say no brainier.
  • Options
    Glad someone started this thread, I saw the channels and wondered what on earth they were going to be showing , are Sky showing less footie games next season?
  • Options
    Do you not have to pay £299 for a bt box?
  • Options
    I already have BT broadband so will I will be able to get this free or is it just new subscribers
  • Options
    Does anyone have BT Infinity? I remember reading that it was 160mbs. Don't live in the UK but wondering if it's as good as it sounded.

With this deal too, they seem to be making some smart moves.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

No. The channels (413 and 414) are already available on the sky box.
  • Options
    redman said:

I already have BT broadband so will I will be able to get this free or is it just new subscribers

Free if you have their box, if not you have to buy one or pay an extra £5/month.

I have bt & sky so thats me covered.
  • Options
    Live games are mostly Sat afternoon 3pm games I think. I have BT and won't pay for sky so quite pleased about this.
  • Options

redman said:

Free if you have their box, if not you have to buy one or pay an extra £5/month.

I have bt & sky so thats me covered.
    According to this
    http://m.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/09/bt-premier-league-broadband
    You should be able to get it free on Sky if you have broadband

"It is understood that BT is to offer the "free" channels to its broadband customers, who pay from £15 a month, regardless of whether they take their TV service from rivals including BSkyB. Non-BT customers can pay from £12 to £15 a month for the sports channels."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    38 games against Sky's 118. No Football league, no Champions League, no HD, no 3D, no cricket, no US golf, no Super League, no ATP tennis, no excellent Sky dramas and comedies. The list goes on.
    I had BT vision and Sky. I dumped BT as a whole and now have Sky phone and broadband. I had the super fast BT infinity broadband, yes it was very quick but so prone to going down. When it goes down so does your TV. Sky broadband is very good, certainly quick enough for the normal person, landline is cheaper too. Also Sky On-Demand via Sky Broadband is excellent. All the i-players on your telly rather than PC or tablet.
    Then of course there is Sky Go, fantastic!

Choosing your TV provider is not just about Premiership football.
  • Options
    If you have their broadband you can stream the channels to your PC (and plug a laptop/tablet into your TV!)

If you have BT vision, you get the channels on your TV for free.

BT Infinity currently goes to about 76Mbps (depending on package & how close you are to the green cabinet on the street). I currently get about 55mbps.

Basically it's all free so long as you're subscribing to their broadband.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Does anyone have BT Infinity? I remember reading that it was 160mbs. Don't live in the UK but wondering if it's as good as it sounded.

With this deal too, they seem to be making some smart moves.

Yep I have it but it is only 76Mb - I get close to 74 living a few doors from the box in the road. I have been told that I will be getting an upgrade to about 100 later this year as part of a test. The best thing about it is the upload speed I get around 50Mb to be fair its great as before I was on less than 1Mb due to distance from the exchange. Only downside is the £55 per month it costs me a month.

• Options
    kafka said:

Live games are mostly Sat afternoon 3pm games I think. I have BT and won't pay for sky so quite pleased about this.

Leave off. No one can show live games at 3pm on a Saturday !
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Cheers just had a look and there they are
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Cheers just had a look and there they are
    Exactly, ESPN subscription goes and pay a few quid for the BT games and job done.
    Sky rocks.
  • Options
    What about us Virgin customers?
  • Options
    Taken MotoGP from Eurosport next year too.
  • Options

What about us Virgin customers?

No deal announced yet.
  • Options
    The question is if you have sky and know someone that has BT broadband but doesn't have BT vision or sky then would it be possible (sneaky I know) to get them to tell BT your sky card number as if its their own and hey presto free footy?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    You're stuffed if you have a Sky multiroom subscription like me, BT Sport is one box per subscription so I will have to pay £45 a month for it over what ESPN provided for a tenner.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

You're stuffed if you have a Sky multiroom subscription like me, BT Sport is one box per subscription so I will have to pay £45 a month for it over what ESPN provided for a tenner.

Pay £45 per month for what? 1 game per week? Don't be ridiculous. BT only have 38 games.
  • Options
    I have BT broadband. Super-fast, no problems at all, quick and easy service. I also have Sky so will be well sorted next season.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

nichorob said:

Pay £45 per month for what? 1 game per week? Don't be ridiculous. BT only have 38 games.
    They don't support multiroom, so if I want BT Sport on all of my boxes then I need 3 subs. It is incredibly ridiculous I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Are ESPN continuing..... with limited footy coverage , would that leave em some Europa , FA Cup and non league plus some foreign stuff
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Riviera said:

nichorob said:

They don't support multiroom, so if I want BT Sport on all of my boxes then I need 3 subs. It is incredibly ridiculous I'm afraid.
    I think he's saying done be ridiculous and actually take out three subscriptions - I would tend to agree but it's your money !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

nichorob said:

Riviera said:

nichorob said:

I think he's saying done be ridiculous and actually take out three subscriptions - I would tend to agree but it's your money !
    Exactly!

You can only watch the game in one room FFS!
  • Options
    For £45 I'm hoping BT will provide a security guard then to protect the box with the sub on from the missus and kids!
  • Options
    Most of BT's games will be the early slots - that's the lot they one in the bid. Free to BT Broadband customers with BT Vision or who buy a box or who take out a minimum £5 per month package. If you are a Sky Customer like me, you can buy the BT Sports channels for £12 a month (BT will make a bigger margin from selling through Sky). Expect a similar deal with Virgin Media. There is a lot more on BT Sports than football and they are acquiring more every week. BT Vision has moved into the Olympic Media Centre and they are signing up big name broadcasters to help establish their brand - Jake Humphries, Lawrence Dallaglio, Clare Balding, Gareth Bale, Rio Ferdinand, Tim Lovejoy, Martina Navratilova, Barry McGuigan, David James and loads more.
  • Options
    My issue is that they've basically bought up the ESPN deals, so the third rate Premier League game of the week, Italian and German football, some Scottish. This all sounds great to me and I've subscribed to ESPN since it started but when I sit down and think about it, do I really watch it enough to justify £150 a year ? The prospect of watching top games from Serie A and the Bundesliga sounds attractive but in realities life tends to get in the way.