Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I eagerly await the wisecracks but what a career. One of the most influential footballers in the history of the game. Enjoy putting your feet up Becks!
  • Options
    Don't put your feet up come and buy Charlton .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Im sure he wont be short for work, but what a career and what a top bloke and family orientated man he comes across as.

No doubt a few will have a dig at him, but he is without doubt one of our national treasures.

Love him.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Club Honours Manchester United
    Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
    FA Cup (2): 1995–96, 1998–99
    FA Community Shield (4): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997
    FA Youth Cup (1): 1991–92
    UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99
    Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
    Real Madrid
    La Liga (1): 2006–07
    Supercopa de España (1): 2003
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    MLS Cup (2): 2011, 2012
    MLS Supporters' Shield (2): 2010, 2011
    MLS Western Conference
    Winners (Regular Season) (3): 2009, 2010, 2011
    Winners (Playoffs) (3): 2009, 2011, 2012
    Paris Saint-Germain
    Ligue 1 (1): 2012–13 .

(115 Caps for England)
    It's some career when you look at it .
  • Options
    Great player in his prime and seems like a good bloke.
  • Options
    Legend, shame he is retiring, would have liked to seem him in an england shirt one more time. Always wore it with pride
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if he found out he wasnt gonna be in Hodgsons squad for the Rep Ireland game and just thought to call it a day.

Always got the feeling that the one thing that kept him going was the oslim chance he may pull on an England shirt again.
  • Options

I wonder if he found out he wasnt gonna be in Hodgsons squad for the Rep Ireland game and just thought to call it a day.

Always got the feeling that the one thing that kept him going was the oslim chance he may pull on an England shirt again.

I think he kept going because he loved the game, nothing more.
  • Options
    Still think he gets way way more stick than he ever deserved, carried the English team many a game, and who can forget that free kick against Greece? But most importantly he wore the shirt with a pride i don't think i've seen since. Not to mention a fantastic footballer, charity worker and sports personality that serves as a great role model.
  • Options

A very good footballer and appears to be a decent bloke.

But

One of the most influential footballers in the history of the game.

No. The likes of Puskas and Cruyff were among the most influential footballers in the history of the game, they changed the way people thought about and / or played the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But

No. The likes of Puskas and Cruyff were among the most influential footballers in the history of the game, they changed the way people thought about and / or played the game.
    You go to any country in the world and a kid will know who David Beckham is.

He is influencial and has helped take the brand of football to a whole new level.
  • Options
  • Options

But

Different generations. Kids of today won't know who Puskas is
  • Options
    Good at set pieces that's about it, an ego maniac as well that's why fergie got rid.
  • Options
    it didnt take long.....
  • Options
    Yep, anyone in the world could cross the ball like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW759yrHcms
  • Options
    JT said:

But

Different generations. Kids of today won't know who Puskas is
    I have no idea who Puskas is ...

Also he is one suave motha' look at that gif! haha
  • Options
    The Greece game is one of the best performances ive seen from a footballer. He basically played by himself that day.
  • Options
    JT said:

But

Kids of today won't know who Puskas is
    By and large you are probably correct. But Puskas was still influential in changing the game. For anybody in any doubt, compare and contrast the style of football played by the English clubs pre and post the defeats the Hungarians handed out.

But

You go to any country in the world and a kid will know who David Beckham is.

He is influencial and has helped take the brand of football to a whole new level.
    He is certainly famous but that is not necessarily the same as influential.
  • Options
    Has had many slag him off in the past, but I'm not one of them. Huge fan. The only top english player to actually live up to (and beyond) his reputation in my lifetime IMO. In an era where top players are constantly in the press for all the wrong reasons, He stands head & shoulders above them all. Model professional on & off the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    David beckham the greatest footballer this country has produced that i have ever had the privilage to watch

A total iconic man and a true english man

I salute you becks and thankyou

Those that ridcule and mock you were and always will be jealous of you
  • Options
    One of the few English players to be successful abroad, a very good player, if not quite at the all time great level, his worth is shown by the hole on the right side of midfield it's left for England.
  • Options

Has had many slag him off in the past, but I'm not one of them. Huge fan. The only top english player to actually live up to (and beyond) his reputation in my lifetime IMO. In an era where top players are constantly in the press for all the wrong reasons, He stands head & shoulders above them all. Model professional on & off the pitch.

Here here!

How many English players have played abroad and had the success he has had in the past 20-30 years. Only he stands out for me. For a player who is often labelled as 'limited' in his ability he has done alright in my eyes!
  • Options
    Most over rated player in the history of sport.
  • Options
    Would have been world class with pace.

• Options
    Refuse to hear a bad word said about him.
  • Options
    Nobody epitomized the pride and passion that should come with playing for England as much as David Beckham. He would run through brick walls for his country.

I remember back in 2008 he flew all the way over from LA to London just to play the last five minutes against Kazakhstan. He didn't complain about being on the bench. He was just delighted to pull the shirt on every single time.

I know it is a very slim possibility, but I would love him to be called up to the next England friendly just so that he can be given a proper send off at Wembley Stadium by the English fans.

Legend and national treasure.
  • Options

But

It's called an opinion so disagree by all means but don't just say "no". He was one of the most influential footballers - look at how the game has moved on from a sport to a business from sportsmen to celebrities and Beckham has been pivotal to that.

I deliberately chose "influential" and not "best" because I don't think his influence can be denied - whether people like it or not.
  • Options

Im sure he wont be short for work, but what a career and what a top bloke and family orientated man he comes across as.

No doubt a few will have a dig at him, but he is without doubt one of our national treasures.

Love him.

He shagged the baby sitter!

Very good player and probably the most committed England has seen for some time.