Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake Released by Wolves.

13»

Comments

• Options
    My brother is a Wolves fan, says that SEB was a class player, and was gutted they let him go.
  • Options
    Seems that Wolves fans believe he is off to Ipswich - makes sense, i suppose.
  • Options
    Except that Ipswich lost 15M in 2011/12 so unless they are able to offload several expensive players I can't see how they can onboard another expensive signing. I think Charlton releasing Fuller has freed up cash for this type of signing but will it happen?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No doubt Chopra and Emmanuel-Thomas would've been on decent contracts though so in that respect, they're not in a dissimilar situation.
  • Options
    I always look for connections when seriously discussing transfers, so SEB or any other Wolves player to follow Mccarthy to the Tractor boys is logical.

On the rumours thread someone pointed out that James Vaughan played with SCP on loan at Leicester, I'm sure we will not be alone in pursuing him but it makes some sense.For the same reason I'm surprised no one has linked us with our former loanee Martyn Waghorn who I understand is available on a free.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I always look for connections when seriously discussing transfers, so SEB or any other Wolves player to follow Mccarthy to the Tractor boys is logical.

On the rumours thread someone pointed out that James Vaughan played with SCP on loan at Leicester, I'm sure we will not be alone in pursuing him but it makes some sense.For the same reason I'm surprised no one has linked us with our former loanee Martyn Waghorn who I understand is available on a free.

Waghorn on a free would be great bit of business.
  • Options

Richard J said:

Was Waghorn at Charlton at any point with SCP ?

• Options
    edited May 2013

Richard J said:

Was Waghorn at Charlton at any point with SCP ?

They were both at Leicester

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48366

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=6435
  • Options
    If he's going for free, get him in ASAP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

According to Sundays gossip columns SEB is off to Middlesboro (and Vaughan is off to Huddersfield)

This is the same gossip column that said Haynes was signing a new deal at The Valley last week though. I'd love to get Ebanks-Blake in. Didn't we go fro Andy Gray instead of him when Pardew was around? Would be doubly lovely to get him in and watch him smash goals in for us if it also showed Pardew up even more. Not that it's needed.
  • Options
    Bob22 said:

Ebanks-Blake is and always has been crocked. I wouldnt bother with him. Fat dumpling who will always been on the injury list.

Games appeared in / total league games:

45 / 46 in 07/08, 23 goals (Championship)
    41 / 46 in 08/09, 25 goals (Championship)
    23 / 38 in 09/10, 2 goals (Premiership)
    30 / 38 in 10/11, 7 goals (Premiership)
    23 / 38 in 11/12, 1 goal (Premiership)
    40 / 46 in 12/13, 14 goals (Championship)

Funny definition of "always has been crocked".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We also have to bear in mind that during those PL seasons, Wolves regularly played 4-5-1 and also had the opportunity to call on the likes of Doyle and Fletcher at various times.
  • Options
    Waghorn please... him and yann up front, beast
  • Options
    Waghorn isn't that great at all.
  • Options
    Waghorn' a no from me
  • Options

Waghorn isn't that great at all.

I'm in this camp too. Was never that impressed with him to be honest
  • Options
    No thanks to Waghorn
  • Options
    dabos said:

Bob22 said:

Ebanks-Blake is and always has been crocked. I wouldnt bother with him. Fat dumpling who will always been on the injury list.

Games appeared in / total league games:

45 / 46 in 07/08, 23 goals (Championship)
    41 / 46 in 08/09, 25 goals (Championship)
    23 / 38 in 09/10, 2 goals (Premiership)
    30 / 38 in 10/11, 7 goals (Premiership)
    23 / 38 in 11/12, 1 goal (Premiership)
    40 / 46 in 12/13, 14 goals (Championship)

Funny definition of "always has been crocked".
    He has missed loads of games because of injury
  • Options
    Which games were they?

In Wolves' last three Championship seasons, he's missed only 12 games. Scored 20+ goals in a team at the top and 15 goals in a team at the bottom. He's got a very impressive record and I think some people are misled by the fact that because he's injured at the moment, it means he's injury prone. Sometimes these things just happen.

The majority of the games that he missed in the Premier League were because he was stuck on the bench while Doyle and Fletcher were on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ebanks-Blake struggled to repeat his goalscoring form at Premier League level. After struggling with injuries in early stages of the season,

In August 2011, he suffered knee ligament damage that put him out of action for six weeks

The 2012–13 season saw Ebanks-Blake return to his goalscoring form and net 14 league goals, before a broken fibula and sprained ankle suffered against Birmingham on 1 April 2013

Injuries like that area serious ones that can finish a player. I wouldn't touch him. He looks unfit. He is not the player he was when wolves won the championship.
  • Options
    he only broken his fibula because he got into the box tried to shoot and toppled over because he is top heavy and ended up like a sack of spuds on the floor!....Plus he is rank number 2 in the top 10 fattest players. Andy Reid being top.
  • Options
    Bob22 said:

he only broken his fibula because he got into the box tried to shoot and toppled over because he is top heavy and ended up like a sack of spuds on the floor!....Plus he is rank number 2 in the top 10 fattest players. Andy Reid being top.

Did he shag your missus or something? There's McOxo levels of animosity here
  • Options

Bob22 said:

Did he shag your missus or something? There's McOxo levels of animosity here
    No Garry he didn't shag my mrs. Maybe I think he isn't the right striker for out club. Difference of opinion thats all. No Biggie....But go check your bed mate just incase your mrs is in there now. Legs quater to three!!!!

• Options
    Blimey
  • Options
    You started it Manilow..
  • Options
    Amazing
  • Options
  • Options
    strange
  • Options
    Bob22 said:

Ebanks-Blake struggled to repeat his goalscoring form at Premier League level. After struggling with injuries in early stages of the season,

In August 2011, he suffered knee ligament damage that put him out of action for six weeks

The 2012–13 season saw Ebanks-Blake return to his goalscoring form and net 14 league goals, before a broken fibula and sprained ankle suffered against Birmingham on 1 April 2013

Injuries like that area serious ones that can finish a player. I wouldn't touch him. He looks unfit. He is not the player he was when wolves won the championship.

They *can* finish a player yes, but ACL injuries are so common in football that I could give countless examples of players who have got over them as well. His appearance record simply doesn't back up your assertion that he has missed "loads of games through injury", especially as others have stated that many of those were missed due to being behind Doyle and Fletcher in the pecking order.

Does it really matter if he "looks unfit" if he still scores lots of goals? I accept he isn't cut out for the Premier League, but you'll find few better guaranteed Championship goalscorers on a free transfer this summer.