Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - Darren Bent, Any Questions?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Where did you stay in Dubai ?
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Please come back.

Please.

I will be on my knees begging....

• Options
    What he thought of the Dowie/Reed situation.

Best strike partner whilst at the club.

Why did he turn down west ham?
  • Options
    How has it felt to be overlooked by Defoe at clubs and National level, when we all know he's twice the player Defoe is.
  • Options
    Best defender he's played against?
  • Options
    why did dowie get fired
  • Options

why did dowie get fired

For constantly getting his brother involved within the club even though he was still employed by Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    Do you feel that your free scoring days at Charlton scoring lots for a smaller team, was a better time for you than scoring less for the bigger sides that you joined. What if anything was the impact that Charlton had on your career.

How do you feel knowing that Curbs first choice was Jonathan Stead, and he only signed you when Stead said we were not a big enough club. Thank god for Steads arrogance. Bent, legend , Hayles, Mendonca, Hunt, Horsefield, and Bent privilege to watch them.
  • Options
    Hypothetically, would you re sign for Charlton on crap wages if it meant scoring 30+ goals in the championship next season and it put you back in contention for the World Cup squad?
  • Options

Do you feel that your free scoring days at Charlton scoring lots for a smaller team, was a better time for you than scoring less for the bigger sides that you joined. What if anything was the impact that Charlton had on your career.

How do you feel knowing that Curbs first choice was Jonathan Stead, and he only signed you when Stead said we were not a big enough club. Thank god for Steads arrogance. Bent, legend , Hayles, Mendonca, Hunt, Horsefield, and Bent privilege to watch them.

Bent was already going to sign even if we had got stead. Curbs failed to get bent the previous summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best Goal in your opinion?
  • Options
    i think we got bothroyd because we didnt get stead
  • Options
    How did it feel to not go to the world cup in 2006 when Walcott was inexplicably picked over you (I'm still angry about it) ?
  • Options

Hypothetically, would you re sign for Charlton on crap wages if it meant scoring 30+ goals in the championship next season and it put you back in contention for the World Cup squad?

Like that one.
  • Options
    Do you dream of a team of Kermorgants?
  • Options
    When there was talk of us signing him, I was given tickets to watch Sunderland at home to Ipswich (I was living up that wat at the time) so I went along to see what all the fuss was about. Came out of there thinking "he aint all that" and not being too bothered if we didn't get him.

I'm so glad I'm not a football scout..................
  • Options
    Has Darren been on Charlton Live yet? If so how did it go?
  • Options
    Not yet, we were due to meet him last Thursday, catching up with him when he is back from his honeymoon and a week or so. The interview itself will go out on our Sunday show in August and then on our podcast a few weeks after that
  • Options
    Nobody has a bad word for Darren, and he was fantastic for us. I have a few questions: a) Would he consider joining us again if we were to get promoted? b) I understand his mother used to love coming to the Valley - does she ever tell him to come back?and c) Does it get frustrating, when time and time again you prove you are a goalscorer and you get overlooked- internationally and at club level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it true his nickname at Ipswich was Bobby with the players as they knew he was gonna sign with us a whole season before?
  • Options
    Looks like this interview will happen in the the next few days!
  • Options
    Just recorded the interview, will be on in about 2 weeks
  • Options
    @LouisMend: Darren Bent just said his ties with Charlton were what stopped him signing for Palace this summer!! #cafc #legend @charltonlive
  • Options
    Bollocks If you ask me.
  • Options
    Really? you think that? from talking to his Dad, i know its not bollocks
  • Options

Bollocks If you ask me.

Why is it bollocks ?
  • Options
    awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If palace had offered him the best deal he would of gone. I think he is just being nice and saying the right things.He scored goals and was loved at Sunderland but that didn't stop him leaving as soon as à better deal came along. Did he even play against palace in a Charlton shirt?

Reports were the deal fell during contract talks. Why would he even talk to them If he loves Charlton so much as he says?

If palace offered him the best deal and he chose another club because he played for us for a couple of seasons 6 years ago then he is an idiot.

Sorry if its cynical but its my opinion.