Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simeon Jackson - Released by Norwich

Think if we could get him would be a really good signing.Depends on his wages but think he could score goals in championship.

Comments

• Options
    Eye agree
  • Options
    If we get him - Fantastic.

If we don't - I don't think i could cope with having 2 Jacko's in the team.
  • Options
    yes he would but no we are potless
  • Options
    Would be very happy to see us pick up either Jackson or Vaughan, or even better still, both of them............
  • Options
    According to this
    http://enbsports.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/estimated-salaries-for-canadian.html?m=1
    He was on about £10k a week. If we could offer him a pay cut with decent performance related bonus he might be tempted.
  • Options
    Wasn't fuller meant to be on about 8-10 anyway?
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Wasn't fuller meant to be on about 8-10 anyway?

Thought he was on closer to 15G? I'm probably wrong though.

Jackson would be a quality signing.
  • Options
    I heard 14
  • Options
    I thought Fuller was on 15k too.
  • Options
    Hmmm... Regardless of what Fuller was on, £10k is a lot on one player. Would you accept it Jackson if he was the only forward we brought in ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well what was Haynes on to? That must also be taken into account when considering our wage budget.
  • Options
    Along with other great signings McCloud,Fleetwood,Gray,Dickson and Varney a Charlton legend in the making, No Thanks
  • Options
    Only if you're assuming our wage budget will be equal to last year. Without an increase in ticket revenues and without a sponsor (at the moment) that £8m p/a loss looks like a hole that might get bigger.
  • Options
    Odd comment Kev.
  • Options
    Would be a quality signing.

Wouldn't imagine the wages would be a massive issue. He wouldn't have been on mega bucks at Norwich.

If the £10k a week is true, then we should be able to match that - or at least get close.
  • Options
    This summers Baldock. How many have seen him play regularly?
  • Options
    Id rather take a punt on Baldock
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Last summer we were all expectant of a few quality signings to take us forward and none materialised. This season something must happen to replace those that have departed but I very much doubt that we will be getting in any "names". I think we can forget the Jacksons and Vaughans and must settle for frees and loans.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kevtherev said:

Along with other great signings McCloud,Fleetwood,Gray,Dickson and Varney a Charlton legend in the making, No Thanks

Does that mean we can never sign a striker again incase they turn out like on of the above?
  • Options
    What positions do Frees and Loans play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot on this board have long believed SJ will solve it all
  • Options

Would be a quality signing.

Wouldn't imagine the wages would be a massive issue. He wouldn't have been on mega bucks at Norwich.

If the £10k a week is true, then we should be able to match that - or at least get close.

We t/o about £8M pa don't we. £10K pw is £520K pa which would be 1/16th of our t/o on one player. Can't see why we would want to do that for Jackson personally
  • Options
    If he's being released by a Prem club and almost guaranteed to sign for a Championship club then he can't expect to be on Prem wages again. I'm sure he'd listen to a lower offer. I really wanted us to sign him when he was at Gillingham but Norwich put paid to that. And gave us Gary Doherty. I'm actually still quite angry at Norwich I've jsut realised. Plenty of teams will be looking at Jackson though so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw him go to a club with more on offer
  • Options
    Scoham said:

This summers Baldock. How many have seen him play regularly?

I saw him play in Argentina once and he did absolutely naff all. The fact it was against their national team is irrelevant.

• Options
    Can I be the first to say too short?
  • Options
    Whether we can offer him what he's after is one thing , maybe , maybe not , although i'm sure once he meets CP if he's a player on Chris's radar he will find it hard to resist , you'd like to think he would do better over a course of a season than Ricardo Fuller for instance , i wonder what his stats were when he was in the Championship with Norwich , anyone know?
  • Options
    He's only scored 17 goals in 73 appearances for Norwich, not exactly setting the world alight...
  • Options
    How many of those did he start though? And we all know statistics aren't a good indicator of how good a player will be for a new team, as Yann can attest to
  • Options
    That's true but surely you sign a player based on his previous record with other clubs.. Powell new Kermo from Leicester and took a punt which worked well.
  • Options
    Simeon jackson is no better a striker than haynes however he will be able to play more mins

Simeon jackson is not the answer not saying he wont improve the squad be he aint the 20 goal a season striker some think