Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simeon Jackson - Released by Norwich

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013

"..... fuelling speculation"

Phrase of the day!

Meaning bugger all. Should be compulsory on CL.

• Options
    He is going to the spanners.
  • Options
    Did anybody really believe, apart from CAFC 4 life, that he would be joining us?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Did anybody really believe, apart from CAFC 4 life, that he would be joining us?

I think someone said Simeon Jackson was this Summers Sam Baldock , i think they were right, wishful thinking signing him really.

• Options
    Is Baldock still at Bristol city? surely he's not going to want to play in league one and can they afford to pay his wages?
  • Options
    Well we all know we are in tragic need of at least 2 senior strikers - seeing as we let ours go without having anyone lined up to come in. I am sure they are working at it. Main thing is that if Jackson does sign for someone else, we need to be equally as pleased with who comes to us. If we end up with a weaker striker force than last season, that's when we are in trouble.
  • Options

Is Baldock still at Bristol city? surely he's not going to want to play in league one and can they afford to pay his wages?

I think we weren't willing to pay the wages City were. Seeing as he is still under contract with them - can't see how we would want to pay them now - after season he has just had - or how he would want a pay cut.

• Options
    So he's left to speak to an unnamed European club yet somehow Bournemouth interpret that as he's coming to them.

I think the "Cherries" are starting to get a little big for their boots, lets hope we put them in their place on the first day of the season.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Well we all know we are in tragic need of at least 2 senior strikers - seeing as we let ours go without having anyone lined up to come in. I am sure they are working at it. Main thing is that if Jackson does sign for someone else, we need to be equally as pleased with who comes to us. If we end up with a weaker striker force than last season, that's when we are in trouble.

That is my point in a nut shell. Our strike force last year may not have been the most potent going, but Haynes is quick & can finish and Fuller is a beast. I doubt very much you are going to pick up similar OR BETTER on a free if we leave it much later. I am not expecting us to sign anyone of any significance this summer, unless money is spent.

• Options
    se9addick said:

So he's left to speak to an unnamed European club yet somehow Bournemouth interpret that as he's coming to them.

I think the "Cherries" are starting to get a little big for their boots, lets hope we put them in their place on the first day of the season.

No. That's the spin the journalist had put on it.

"getting too big for their boots"...lol most of 'em have been through so much crap as supporters they are die hard pessimists expecting nothing more than to give it a go and hope for the best. Wednesday they are not...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do any of us really know how much money is knocking about at the club? Yes because of the lack of signings and general Chinese whispers most of us believe we can't even afford to pay the tea lady! Letting Fuller, Haynes, Waggy, Evina etc move on would of freed up some cash for wages. Would Jackson be on more money then Fuller? I don't think he would. Imho I don't think we will sign him which is disappointing because he had a decent goal record in this league but then again I didn't think we'd sign Fuller. Let's see what happens in the next few days and hope we bring in a few decent players. COYR
  • Options
    agim said:

Do any of us really know how much money is knocking about at the club? Yes because of the lack of signings and general Chinese whispers most of us believe we can't even afford to pay the tea lady!

We have a tea lady?
  • Options

That is my point in a nut shell. Our strike force last year may not have been the most potent going, but Haynes is quick & can finish and Fuller is a beast. I doubt very much you are going to pick up similar OR BETTER on a free if we leave it much later. I am not expecting us to sign anyone of any significance this summer, unless money is spent.

Surely the fact we picked up Fuller so late in the window last year completely disproves your point about leaving it later? The fact every club is still feeling out FFP and the players aren't sure if a deal is good or not due to this means that, if anything, there will be far more deals done late in the window than early, and possibly the best bargains will come later in the window once players have realised they need to adjust their expectations.

• Options

Surely the fact we picked up Fuller so late in the window last year completely disproves your point about leaving it later? The fact every club is still feeling out FFP and the players aren't sure if a deal is good or not due to this means that, if anything, there will be far more deals done late in the window than early, and possibly the best bargains will come later in the window once players have realised they need to adjust their expectations.

I think this is what is going on across the league. Players holding out, clubs not willing to splash silly amounts. Big scramble late on. I reckon we will see one or two youngsters grab their chance in the meantime.
  • Options
    agim said:

Do any of us really know how much money is knocking about at the club? Yes because of the lack of signings and general Chinese whispers most of us believe we can't even afford to pay the tea lady!

Enough money for a week in Spain
  • Options
    Don't give up on SJ just yet he hasn't signed for anybody yet!
  • Options

agim said:

Enough money for a week in Spain
    I think the team are staying at one of the hotels/resorts owned by TJ

• Options
    I don't think anyone is saying the club is on its arse the facts from what have been said by Mr Slater are we pay around 7 mil a season to cover costs of operating is this true who really knows

he said that this is a payment that he oversees

based solely on that fact as I have no choice but to believe him

I believe that the club are in need to act prudently and not increase the season running costs above that figure

why then is there the need for us as fans to deem it necessary to saddle the club with more debt just to appease the need for a stellar signing

would you rather see a team try to compete and stay in the league or see a club trying to exist due to poor financial mgmt solely to chase the dream of prem football and this mystical windfall that we have had in the past for several seasons whilst in the prem which resulted in 3rd tier football and the club in serious risk of admin

we wont get loans until the prem teams either decide early that a player like obika for example is not in their plans or until they name their 25 this could be around mid to late July or even later

we had an interested party looking to invest they never so until this was decided we couldn't spend money we didn't have

the players are not running up the sand dunes in camber or up beechy head

they are in spain getting ready for the season ahead I doubt this was cheap

I want us to compete I want us to sign players but not at the risk of the club so until we know how skint we are why not be patient enjoy the sun and don't watch the cricket

• Options
    agim said:

Do any of us really know how much money is knocking about at the club

Not for sure - only a stated annual loss of around £7.5m. The obvious calculation, for me, is that we've let go BWP, Fuller, Haynes, Wagstaff, Kerkar and Taylor from the senior squad. That must be saving between £30-£40,000 per week in total. So we should (ideally) have that amount available to pay out on new players' wages (not cash to spend buying anyone). So you could assume that the £1.5m - £2m will be used for additions to the team. Alternately you keep it in your pocket and reduce the annual loss. My guess is that 'they' will do something in the middle and reduce some operating cost and make some available to pay the wages of 2-3 additions, acquired for free.
  • Options
    Jackson signs for Eintracht Braunschweig
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's it then. Our budget is worse than Eintracht Brownpig.
  • Options

Blimey - never saw that coming.

Just promoted to the Bundesliga 1st division, he has signed a two year deal.
  • Options
    are they nicknamed the cherries?
  • Options
    now that's funny if true
  • Options
    Wot randy Andy said. 2 months wages saved also. There will be good players without clubs come 31 August. Can easily do deals in a months time, probably market will be more attractive as those players left will have to lower demands

Loved the biased cherries article. Swiss giants grasshoppers? Yeah right. Crowds of 5k. Massive
  • Options

Blimey - never saw that coming.

Just promoted to the Bundesliga 1st division, he has signed a two year deal.
    I thought that was a made up name.

• Options

There will be good players without clubs come 31 August

Not strikers there won't, unless you are happy with overpaid ageing 'stars' like Fuller that is. Jackson is just the sort of player we should be signing. I'm really concerned about the quality we are going to be able to afford. At the moment releasing BWP and Haynes looks silly.
  • Options

Not strikers there won't, unless you are happy with overpaid ageing 'stars' like Fuller that is. Jackson is just the sort of player we should be signing. I'm really concerned about the quality we are going to be able to afford. At the moment releasing BWP and Haynes looks silly.
    I agree with the releasing BWP and Haynes bit. If the club knew they would be released, then they had to make sure replacements were lined up to negate the risk of being left horrendously short. I dont agree with saying we have until the end of August. You need at least 3 strikers in the building to go away to Spain in order to get them fully up to speed and integrated into the squad in advance of the season. Thats what happened 2 summers ago, and look how we hit the ground running.
  • Options
    I was very happy with Ricardo's contribution last season
  • Options

Yann signed for us on 13th September. Unhappy with him?