Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simeon Jackson - Released by Norwich

Comments

• Options

are they nicknamed the cherries?

No - the Jerries
  • Options

There will be good players without clubs come 31 August

Not strikers there won't, unless you are happy with overpaid ageing 'stars' like Fuller that is. Jackson is just the sort of player we should be signing. I'm really concerned about the quality we are going to be able to afford. At the moment releasing BWP and Haynes looks silly.
    Yann signed for us on 13th September. Unhappy with him?
    and we had only one other striker at the time did we? All I'm saying is that it looks like the current situation looks like we don't have much money and if we end up with lesser players than BWP or Haynes then I'm sure nobody will be happy, especially CP. yes it's early days but we are in danger, in my opinion which incidentally I am entitled to, of missing out on actually improving the squad. And as pointed out above trike partnerships as with centre half partnerships take time to evolve and that is what pre season is for and the situation of having to do that once the season has started is far, far from ideal. ANd before someone says that Yann and Piggott can do this in pre season you have to remember that Piggott is a kid and as such needs to be introduced slowly or he could suffer as did Leanurn.
  • Options

I was very happy with Ricardo's contribution last season

Yeah, I can't really fault Fuller to be completely fair. I was concerned at the time that he was just out to pick up "one last pay check"; but actually I thought he put in a shift when needed.

He may not have been the most consistent, and he may also have been quite selfish at times, yet I couldn't fault his hold-up play and some of the chances he created. When he did show off some of his talent he could easily be the best man on the pitch too.

Ashamed to see him go.

As @Garrymanilow has pointed out - the other "late signee" we've had recently is Yann - and I think you'd be hard pushed to find someone who would doubt his effort and talent. I'll admit I spent much of the L1 season thinking "This guy isn't as great as everyone keeps banging on about.. maybe I'm missing something here" - but this season he's been incredible. If it wasn't for the injury I dare say he would've had a better result at Player of the Year.
  • Options
    I take your point Large, but you do mean Leaburn don't you?

Unless Leanum is a Chinese wonder kid waiting in the wings.
  • Options

I take your point Large, but you do mean Leaburn don't you?.

yes I do

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Simeon Jackson has signed for a newly promoted Bundesliga team.

EDIT - Just seen it mentioned a few posts up.
  • Options
    I would also say that's its not early days - the season ended in early May so we've had 2 months to start getting players in and only 3 weeks until the start of the season. Take a look at what other teams have been up to........
  • Options

I would also say that's its not early days - the season ended in early May so we've had 2 months to start getting players in and only 3 weeks until the start of the season. Take a look at what other teams have been up to........

It's not too late but I do think that something has upset CP's preparations in terms of getting players in. I suspect that hold up was the investment interest. It means that any list that CP had in May must have been crossed out and re written several times. The possibility of shopping in Waitrose gone with the Russians or whoever and we are now playing catch up and browsing the shelves in Aldi. No amount of spin will deter me from thinking that Pre season has gone horribly wrong. I am not 100% convinced things will end up being as we would want.

• Options
    cafc-west said:

agim said:

Do any of us really know how much money is knocking about at the club

Not for sure - only a stated annual loss of around £7.5m. The obvious calculation, for me, is that we've let go BWP, Fuller, Haynes, Wagstaff, Kerkar and Taylor from the senior squad. That must be saving between £30-£40,000 per week in total. So we should (ideally) have that amount available to pay out on new players' wages (not cash to spend buying anyone). So you could assume that the £1.5m - £2m will be used for additions to the team. Alternately you keep it in your pocket and reduce the annual loss. My guess is that 'they' will do something in the middle and reduce some operating cost and make some available to pay the wages of 2-3 additions, acquired for free.
    Quite a sound comment
  • Options

There will be good players without clubs come 31 August

Not strikers there won't, unless you are happy with overpaid ageing 'stars' like Fuller that is. Jackson is just the sort of player we should be signing. I'm really concerned about the quality we are going to be able to afford. At the moment releasing BWP and Haynes looks silly.
    Yann signed for us on 13th September. Unhappy with him?
    and we had only one other striker at the time did we? All I'm saying is that it looks like the current situation looks like we don't have much money and if we end up with lesser players than BWP or Haynes then I'm sure nobody will be happy, especially CP. yes it's early days but we are in danger, in my opinion which incidentally I am entitled to, of missing out on actually improving the squad. And as pointed out above trike partnerships as with centre half partnerships take time to evolve and that is what pre season is for and the situation of having to do that once the season has started is far, far from ideal. ANd before someone says that Yann and Piggott can do this in pre season you have to remember that Piggott is a kid and as such needs to be introduced slowly or he could suffer as did Leanurn.
    pretty sure strike partnerships aren't forged over a couple of pre-season friendlies. Of course you're entitled to your opinion Large, just as I'm entitled to point out that your claim that there won't be any good strikers around come 31 August doesn't really hold up when you consider we signed a superb striker in September a couple of years ago. Simply pointing out facts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I was very happy with Ricardo's contribution last season

Yeah, I can't really fault Fuller to be completely fair. I was concerned at the time that he was just out to pick up "one last pay check"; but actually I thought he put in a shift when needed.

He may not have been the most consistent, and he may also have been quite selfish at times, yet I couldn't fault his hold-up play and some of the chances he created. When he did show off some of his talent he could easily be the best man on the pitch too.

Ashamed to see him go
    Mate that is exactly how I see fuller's game. He was instrumental when fit and he was for the majority of the season. In my eyes, That is the biggest reason he justified his wage.

I can see how a fan can see fuller as lazy. But that's all for show and he is bloody hard working and occupied a lot of defences last season.

I guess from a pure footballing perspective, you want to get deals done early. That's for assimilation into the squad. That's Powell's first concern. But maybe he is not that worried at all.

From a financial perspective, it seems to be shaping up as a recessionary summer window for championship level and moving away from total wage power.

1 year deals for your experienced "PL player" seems commonplace.

Who knows how it will turn out but no one outrageous has slipped by yet. Jackson to Germany is hilarious.

Here's hoping for scp to spin the dice and come up with another fuller, kermo, Hughes, gower, bwp etc . the list is endless for experienced players signed by scp in terms of positive transfers.
  • Options
    Off to Germany apparently.
  • Options
    signed for Bournemouth according to today's Sun?
  • Options
    Was in the rumours thread. I'm merely repeating...
  • Options
    He's signed for a Bundesliga team

Simeon Alexander Jackson is a Jamaican Canadian footballer who plays for Eintracht Braunschweig in the Bundesliga
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    http://m.eintracht.com/

He has signed for them. The sun showing its accuracy there!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Anyone heard where he's gone?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

It means that any list that CP had in May must have been crossed out and re written several times. The possibility of shopping in Waitrose gone

I think you are wrong SHG, I read once that Covered End saw CP in Sidcup, which is, to soon gain itself a Waitrose.

It cannot be ruled out that he may go back.
  • Options
    If there proof that Powell actually wanted to sign Simeon Jackson?
  • Options
    Yes, and he'll be unveiled next Wednesday. Die Fakkten!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the words of Derek Trotter - "SCP - Nicht Buyen Him!"
  • Options
    Transfer news: Former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson joins Eintracht Braunschweig
  • Options
    Bleeding Germans, they have to hijack everything!
  • Options
    They put a towel on him before Bournemouth woke up.

• Options
    3 pages on Jackson - wow - we sound desparate
  • Options
    se9addick said:

So he's left to speak to an unnamed European club yet somehow Bournemouth interpret that as he's coming to them.

I think the "Cherries" are starting to get a little big for their boots, lets hope we put them in their place on the first day of the season.

Well said. After all the froth about their friendly against Real Madrid, I'm expecting us to rock up at Dean Court on 3 August and stamp our authority right from the off. They'll be buoyant about being back in the Champs, but apprehensive about our formidable away form last season. The "Cherries" must be stoned.

• Options

Well we all know we are in tragic need of at least 2 senior strikers - seeing as we let ours go without having anyone lined up to come in. I am sure they are working at it. Main thing is that if Jackson does sign for someone else, we need to be equally as pleased with who comes to us. If we end up with a weaker striker force than last season, that's when we are in trouble.

That is my point in a nut shell. Our strike force last year may not have been the most potent going, but Haynes is quick & can finish and Fuller is a beast. I doubt very much you are going to pick up similar OR BETTER on a free if we leave it much later. I am not expecting us to sign anyone of any significance this summer, unless money is spent.

I don't hold out much hope of cash being flashed. But even if we recruit no-one other than a striker, I refuse to feel despondent. It might be a great opportunity to blood a couple of youngsters, and our admirable esprit de corps will count for much. What I do fear are serious injuries; we've been extraordinarily lucky in recent years compared to some other clubs. Just imagine if Kermo and Solly get clobbered in September....

• Options

Well we all know we are in tragic need of at least 2 senior strikers - seeing as we let ours go without having anyone lined up to come in. I am sure they are working at it. Main thing is that if Jackson does sign for someone else, we need to be equally as pleased with who comes to us. If we end up with a weaker striker force than last season, that's when we are in trouble.

That is my point in a nut shell. Our strike force last year may not have been the most potent going, but Haynes is quick & can finish and Fuller is a beast. I doubt very much you are going to pick up similar OR BETTER on a free if we leave it much later. I am not expecting us to sign anyone of any significance this summer, unless money is spent.

I don't hold out much hope of cash being flashed. But even if we recruit no-one other than a striker, I refuse to feel despondent. It might be a great opportunity to blood a couple of youngsters, and our admirable esprit de corps will count for much. What I do fear are serious injuries; we've been extraordinarily lucky in recent years compared to some other clubs. Just imagine if Kermo and Solly get clobbered in September....

Kermo and Wiggins WERE clobbered last September, both out for 3 months!