Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens

Comments

• Starting to bring the one thing that was missing from his game. Consistency. MOM for me. Keep it up Dale.
  • He's been very good recently, hope it continues. Reckon he's due a goal soon as well
  • He was pure class.

Passing forwards aswell.

Looks like he cares for once.

Is he just performing to get himself a free transfer in the summer?
  • Dale was really good today.
  • dizzee said:

He was pure class.

Passing forwards aswell.

Looks like he cares for once.

Is he just performing to get himself a free transfer in the summer?

the optimist in me hopes we told him he needed to improve if he wanted a new contract.
  • He looked a Charlton player today...Welcome Dale
  • oozed class, passion, energy, Agression,

top top performance
  • Think its unfair to say he has lacked 'passion' or that he 'didnt care' in the past. Think he has just lacked confidence at times. Has always had that tackling ability in him IMO.
  • MOM for me yesterday.
  • Mom for me too. Looks like he's doing it all so we all have a fight on here when he's released on a free next summer ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Great game by Dale yesterday
    MOM by a street!
  • edited October 2013
    Hope he keeps this up. Like a new signing at the minute. I know some on here have always rated him but recently there is intensity, intention and belief in his play.

Certainly mom on sunday.

Now can the real dale stephens please stand up?
  • Improving player who deserves his place. Him and Cousins should be left there for the rest of the season. No more tinkering ...
  • With the energy and mobility of Cousins alongside him, it allows Stephens the opportunity to play his more natural creative game without worrying about losing possession.
  • Easily mom yesterday. Playing for a move in my opinion.
  • Always found him frustrating, as (unlike Green) knew there was a decent player in there somewhere. His recent performances have confirmed that....................
  • Dale to me to have an extra yard of pace now, he seems sharper and fitter, and much more mobile
  • His agression in the tackle was excellent
  • Also in the second half I noticed a few diagonals launched to him which he won in the air. Quite surprised me to see him winning headers. Keep it up steve-o. Quality yesterday.
  • Excellent game, after a really promising few recently. Has always had a bit of an edge and liked a tackle, but I was delighted to see him get stuck into Holt, especially, a few times yesterday. Nice to have him showing the steel as well as the class he has in his game on a consistemt basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also in the second half I noticed a few diagonals launched to him which he won in the air. Quite surprised me to see him winning headers. Keep it up steve-o. Quality yesterday.

I was very impressed with him yesterday and the diagonal balls towards the end were definitely aimed at him, he was taking 20 yard run ups before jumping and almost always won the header, with good direction too. I've always liked him as a player to be honest and I am pretty sure his issues before were all to do with confidence and getting a decent run of games, which he seems to be getting now. I think he adds a touch of class and would like to see him stay.
  • Easily mom yesterday. Playing for a move in my opinion.

Or Large, enjoying his game as supporters are not on his back! Doesnt matter if he reads Cl or not he will surely of been aware. Plus playing with team mates who compliment each other?

• If he can start adding regular goals, we'll have our very own Steven Gerrard (and he'll be off...). That shot of his yesterday was hit like a rocket.
  • Probably been our best player along with Cousins since they've been starting together.
  • I've not been slow to criticise Stephens over the last 18 months or so for being slow, giving the ball away, not caring etc. Home game against (I think) Forest last season was possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from a professional footballer. I'm extremely glad that he has started to buck his ideas up and justify SCPs faith in him. I agree that having Cousins alongside him is giving him confidence to play his preferred game but he's also added in some steel and determination that was sorely lacking since the Villa fiasco at the start of last season. Long may it continue!
  • He's definitely playing for a move
  • dizzee said:

He's definitely playing for a move

I love that. Classic Charlton support...
  • Red_Raver said:

dizzee said:

He's definitely playing for a move

I love that. Classic Charlton support...
    If not, perhaps he's on drugs ?

How else, can you explain his sudden running around, tackling, jumping for headers :-)
  • He has always done it, but from the cheap seats you can't see it :)
  • He has always done it, but from the cheap seats you can't see it :)

You get a better view from the Covered End, than The Bugle :-)