Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens

Comments

• For all his apparent talent he blew too cold too often in his time with us. What really rankled with me and my matchday group was at that 'meet the players' celebration at the Valley after the SCP 3rd division winning season; we were on our way up the stairs to millenium suite, DS is on his way down, we all say 'Hi Dale', he never looked up from his phone, scurried down the stairs and away, not a scintilla of acknowledgement - rude, rude, rude.

You should have bashed him with your Thundercock
  • In my opinion was our most classiest midfielder since
    Scott Parker or Claus Jensen. The day he left we started going downhill!

Weren't we in or around the relegation zone when he left?

Not his fault, but the decline started when the spivs fell out his Cash and lost their cash. ..
  • Met Dale after our 2-2 away game with Brighton, had a picture with him and bantered him about why he had to leave Charlton, he was good as gold.
  • In my opinion was our most classiest midfielder since
    Scott Parker or Claus Jensen. The day he left we started going downhill!

Weren't we in or around the relegation zone when he left?

Not his fault, but the decline started when the spivs fell out his Cash and lost their cash. ..
    Comparing him to Parker and Jensen is fanciful too
  • dwb said:

For all his apparent talent he blew too cold too often in his time with us. What really rankled with me and my matchday group was at that 'meet the players' celebration at the Valley after the SCP 3rd division winning season; we were on our way up the stairs to millenium suite, DS is on his way down, we all say 'Hi Dale', he never looked up from his phone, scurried down the stairs and away, not a scintilla of acknowledgement - rude, rude, rude.</</b>blockquote>

I had a very different experience with Dale when I saw him in a furniture store in Sidcup in the summer he signed for Charlton. I went up to him and had a chat and he was very friendly and told me how much he was looking forward to joining Charlton. He was very friendly.

He may have had some news that forced him to scurry off. Could have been emergency involving family member or anything so don't dig the bloke out over one meeting.
  • I met him after the Brighton home game a few years ago, was happy to stop and chat and have a picture. Great player with us too.
  • He's very cruel to squirrels, though.

Saw him in Greenwich Park one Sunday after a bust up with Cousins the previous day. Disgraceful?

Thinking about it now, it may just have been some random bloke with a 'Stephens' shirt on.
  • He was always good. Was class when he played for us. I remember when he received a pass at waist high in midfield and scissor passed it to the other wing. He was not flash, scored a few as well.
    He was RD/KMs first stupid acts of getting rid of assets.

The spivs should be blamed more for letting his contract run down, I imagine Dale would have left for nothing in the summer if he hadn't been sold
    Would rather a situation where our owners would turn bids down like they did rather than look to actively sell players for the slightest of returns (that doesn't seem to get spent properly) like with Roland.

Dale was great for us, very classy footballer.
  • cafctom said:

He was always good. Was class when he played for us. I remember when he received a pass at waist high in midfield and scissor passed it to the other wing. He was not flash, scored a few as well.

The spivs should be blamed more for letting his contract run down, I imagine Dale would have left for nothing in the summer if he hadn't been sold
    Would rather a situation where our owners would turn bids down like they did rather than look to actively sell players for the slightest of returns (that doesn't seem to get spent properly) like with Roland.

Not how I remember him, I thought he was overrated, however had a knack of popping up to score some very good goals.
  • cafctom said:

He was always good. Was class when he played for us. I remember when he received a pass at waist high in midfield and scissor passed it to the other wing. He was not flash, scored a few as well.

He had 6 months left on his contract and would have gone for nothing in the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• For all his apparent talent he blew too cold too often in his time with us. What really rankled with me and my matchday group was at that 'meet the players' celebration at the Valley after the SCP 3rd division winning season; we were on our way up the stairs to millenium suite, DS is on his way down, we all say 'Hi Dale', he never looked up from his phone, scurried down the stairs and away, not a scintilla of acknowledgement - rude, rude, rude.

I am given to understand that Dale is very sorry for ignoring you but he was answering a very important message from his agent - the one informing him that he'd got his dream move to one of the finest northern coastal towns there is.
  • edited October 2017
    When we bought him Dale Jennings had been signed by Bayern and some thought we bought the wrong Dale. Now one is MotM in Premiership while the other is unemployed (amazing, very decent player).
  • Dazzler21 said:

cafctom said:

Not how I remember him, I thought he was overrated, however had a knack of popping up to score some very good goals.
    Personally felt you could see he was always a cut above, but CPs tactics did not play to his strengths.

Championship quality never in doubt, but remains to be seen if he can handle the Prem. So far seems to be ok. Well done Dale.
  • When we bought him Dale Jennings had been signed by Bayern and some thought we bought the wrong Dale. Now one is MotM in Premiership while the other is unemployed (amazing, very decent player).

It's amazing and sad that Dale Jennings is only 24, yet seems washed up
  • Dazzler21 said:

cafctom said:

Personally felt you could see he was always a cut above, but CPs tactics did not play to his strengths.

Championship quality never in doubt, but remains to be seen if he can handle the Prem. So far seems to be ok. Well done Dale.
    He used to hide and moved the ball too slowly . He did come up with the odd moment of excellence, however , and he is clearly thriving playing with better players . Good on him
  • wmcf123 said:

Dazzler21 said:

cafctom said:

He used to hide and moved the ball too slowly . He did come up with the odd moment of excellence, however , and he is clearly thriving playing with better players . Good on him
    Thriving and has improved as a player. From what I remember didn't show consistency with us until the 13/14 season and also added a bit more aggression to his game.
  • Yeah he wasn't all that when with us but obviously gone on to be a real good player.
  • He moved forward with the ball and was always looking to be positive and would rather go for the tougher killer pass or a shot than the crab or backwards pass,
    didn't always come off but at least he had a go and must have improved after leaving us as well .
    Was the player who my eldest walked out with as mascot for the first time and was a nice enough fella so I have a soft spot for him (fuck off Roly and co so the other boys can be mascots you dipstick)
  • Had a quick chat with Dale at Haywards Heath station today.
    A very affable and down to earth bloke.

Was he going North?
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a quick chat with Dale at Haywards Heath station today.
    A very affable and down to earth bloke.

Swapping train numbers?
  • The strange thing is that after Dale left us, Diego Poyet came in and we didn't miss him at all. I would never have thought that 3 years later Dale would be the PL midfielder, and Diego nowhere

Diego isnt nowhere he is playing for Paphos who sit 5th in the Cypriot league and has played a part in 8 of the 9 games since his move there.
    The only game he didnt play in was yesterdays 4-0 defeat to APOEL
  • Not that i am following his career or anything lol
  • He moved forward with the ball and was always looking to be positive and would rather go for the tougher killer pass or a shot than the crab or backwards pass,
    didn't always come off but at least he had a go and must have improved after leaving us as well .
    Was the player who my eldest walked out with as mascot for the first time and was a nice enough fella so I have a soft spot for him (fuck off Roly and co so the other boys can be mascots you dipstick)

I don't remember those killer passes. He always looked quite classy but I thought he moved the ball too slowly and we were better in the spells when Hughes and Russell played with Hollands, despite them being inferior players.

He's evidently really progressed; good luck to him
  • The strange thing is that after Dale left us, Diego Poyet came in and we didn't miss him at all. I would never have thought that 3 years later Dale would be the PL midfielder, and Diego nowhere

Diego isnt nowhere he is playing for Paphos who sit 5th in the Cypriot league and has played a part in 8 of the 9 games since his move there.
    The only game he didnt play in was yesterdays 4-0 defeat to APOEL
    Not THE Cypriot league WOW.

;)
  • Dale is one of only 7 outfield players to play every minute of every game in the premier league this season, very consistent performer

He's been brilliant this season.
  • Delighted to hear Charlton mentioned on homes under the hammer.