Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dale Stephens

Comments

• Dale is one of only 7 outfield players to play every minute of every game in the premier league this season, very consistent performer

Still played every minute in the PL but has only played 106 minutes in other matches this season. Only Jack Cork has covered more ground than Stephens.
  • Looks like he's finally getting his move up north, expected to sign for Burnley for 1m plus add ons.
  • Looks like he's finally getting his move up north, expected to sign for Burnley for 1m plus add ons.
    shrewd signing for Burnley, he'll fit in with their no nonsense rumbustious style of football .. I think Burnley are in danger of relegation this season, they have no money for new players, a long injury list, and their style of play has been sussed. For how long can Dyche keep the ship afloat ?. At worst, if relegated they will have the parachute money to rebuild in the Champ. Burnley are one of the few Prem clubs to field mostly British/English players, perhaps, that's why they are struggling so far this season ((:>) 
    They're also a club that doesnt just throw money around which is surely a nice thing - e.g with their Premier League money they must surely be able to spend like what Palace and others have done

Instead they're surely taking the most sensible course of action what with the current climate... It might result in relegation but I bet they'll remain one of the best equipped sides
    shrewd signing for Burnley, he'll fit in with their no nonsense rumbustious style of football .. I think Burnley are in danger of relegation this season, they have no money for new players, a long injury list, and their style of play has been sussed. For how long can Dyche keep the ship afloat ?. At worst, if relegated they will have the parachute money to rebuild in the Champ. Burnley are one of the few Prem clubs to field mostly British/English players, perhaps, that's why they are struggling so far this season ((:>) 
    They're also a club that doesnt just throw money around which is surely a nice thing - e.g with their Premier League money they must surely be able to spend like what Palace and others have done

Instead they're surely taking the most sensible course of action what with the current climate... It might result in relegation but I bet they'll remain one of the best equipped sides
    good post 
  • I'm sure they said on the radio yesterday that Burnley had tred to sign him 7 times before
    shrewd signing for Burnley, he'll fit in with their no nonsense rumbustious style of football .. I think Burnley are in danger of relegation this season, they have little money for new players, a long injury list, and their style of play has been sussed. For how long can Dyche keep the ship afloat ?. At worst, if relegated they will have the parachute money to rebuild in the Champ. Burnley are one of the few Prem clubs to field mostly British/English players, perhaps, that's why they are struggling so far this season ((:>) 
    I think Burnley will be fine once they get their injured players back, especially Mee and Tarkowski
    shrewd signing for Burnley, he'll fit in with their no nonsense rumbustious style of football .. I think Burnley are in danger of relegation this season, they have little money for new players, a long injury list, and their style of play has been sussed. For how long can Dyche keep the ship afloat ?. At worst, if relegated they will have the parachute money to rebuild in the Champ. Burnley are one of the few Prem clubs to field mostly British/English players, perhaps, that's why they are struggling so far this season ((:>) 
    I think Burnley will be fine once they get their injured players back, especially Mee and Tarkowski
    Tarkowski might be West Ham bound
  • I like football, but not burnley they can fuck off! 

PS- i dont mind them really , hope they stay up and seems an honest club which stays closer to home and mainly british players. 

Although they did efff up a few big accumulators in the past :wink:
  • I'm sure they said on the radio yesterday that Burnley had tred to sign him 7 times before
    Cor, you just struck a memory there.

..and everyone is a Henery. 
    HENERY 
    Henery the 8th I am.
  • Sponsored links:

• How much is the transfer fee likely to be, I’m sure we’ve negotiated a handsome sell on fee....
  • I think Burnley are the team that released him back at the start of his career and he had to work his way up through the divisions and has now spent the last three seasons as a regular starter in the Premier League, great career and a good time to sign what will presumably be his last big contract. 
  • never known a team to be "struggling so far this season" after one game :lol:

• edited September 2020
    se9addick said:
    I think Burnley are the team that released him back at the start of his career and he had to work his way up through the divisions and has now spent the last three seasons as a regular starter in the Premier League, great career and a good time to sign what will presumably be his last big contract. 
    think it was Bolton .. in a game up north a few years back (can't recall where), in a fairly empty away end, my friends and I were sitting next to Dale's family, wife, mum dad and children. The ground still had the old steel leaning post/hand grips at the end of the rows and Dale's children spent the most of the  game running in and out of the steelworks ((:>) .. my friend Keith and I spent a lot of time using our hands as buffers to stop them bashing their heads or falling over. The Stephens family ? .. very nice friendly unassuming northern folk.
  • edited September 2020
    Sat next to his missus couple of times in West Lower, very nice lady -  I have always wished him all the best, must be a wealthy man now - good luck to them.
  • se9addick said:
    I think Burnley are the team that released him back at the start of his career and he had to work his way up through the divisions and has now spent the last three seasons as a regular starter in the Premier League, great career and a good time to sign what will presumably be his last big contract. 
    think it was Bolton .. in a game up north a few years back (can't recall where), in a fairly empty away end, my friends and I were sitting next to Dale's family, wife, mum dad and children. The ground still had the old steel leaning post/hand grips at the end of the rows and Dale's children spent the most of the  game running in and out of the steelworks ((:>) .. my friend Keith and I spent a lot of time using our hands as buffers to stop them bashing their heads or falling over. The Stevens family ? .. very nice friendly unassuming northern folk.
    Just looked it up - we were both wrong, it was Bury (pretty much all the same thing though!). He’s from Bolton though which is probably why they were there with you guys.
  • cafctom said:
    Very good player, and actually one who I think is quite underrated by Charlton fans. Has done very well for himself to have a decent Premier League career. 
    Stephens was always a quality player. Always thought his time at Charlton was top and tailed by his best form. Sadly there was a fair chunk in the middle where he didn't do his talent justice. The fact he is a premier league regular shows how good he is. Shit at geography though.
  • Will there be a sell-on fee due to Charlton? 
  • You know, I never really rated him that much.......strange to most I guess.
     A goodish player, well yes I suppose,  but nothing to write home about.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    Very good player, and actually one who I think is quite underrated by Charlton fans. Has done very well for himself to have a decent Premier League career. 
    Stephens was always a quality player. Always thought his time at Charlton was top and tailed by his best form. Sadly there was a fair chunk in the middle where he didn't do his talent justice. The fact he is a premier league regular shows how good he is. Shit at geography though.
    To be honest, I thought he was ok but nothing special in his first 2 seasons with us, and only really stepped up in his final season where he was very good for the first half of the season, which earned him his move to Brighton
  • Simonsen said:
    Will there be a sell-on fee due to Charlton? 
    How could there not be, given that Katrien - that superb negotiator - had just got her feet under the table ? 

As we only got £700,000 for Stephens, Brighton are only making a turn of £300,00, so the most we could expect is to cover a quarter's rent on the Southall memorial penthouse. Every little helps, I suppose, although I'm guessing that HMRC will be looking for some money soon.
  • cafctom said:
    To be honest, I thought he was ok but nothing special in his first 2 seasons with us, and only really stepped up in his final season where he was very good for the first half of the season, which earned him his move to Brighton
    Wasn't Stephens angry and motivated by the Spivs refusing to sell him to Villa, perhaps believing they had cost him a move to the Premier League?

Perhaps that finally gave him an edge and consistency to his game, determined to get a move to the Prem?
    He was out of contract at the end of that season, refusing to sign another, putting himself in the shop window.

• Good luck to him, but I never really rated him tbh! The occasional decent long pass or goal from distance, but honestly was never a fan. Just never thought he really put a shift in for us. 
  • In his short time at the Valley he was my favourite player. I thought he was really good. I remember one pass, he received the ball at waist height on the halfway line and scissor kicked the pass to the left wing. Good luck I hope he has a good run at Burnley.

• In his short time at the Valley he was my favourite player. I thought he was really good. I remember one pass, he received the ball at waist height on the halfway line and scissor kicked the pass to the left wing. Good luck I hope he has a good run at Burnley.

I remember that. People have said he didn’t work hard enough but Holland’s did the hard work and Stephens was the ball player. Similar to kinsella and jensen. 
  • edited September 2020
    Absolute baller of a player, could pick a pass, has improved even more at Brighton. 

That pass to Jackson at Bury, filth 
  • Will never forget the thunderbolt he scored against Bury.