Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell going!!??

Todays people says he's thinking over this future coz player budget slashed! I can't find the link though!

Comments

• Options
    He'll give it another season
  • Options
    Here we go again.
  • Options
    If The People says it, it must be true. PANIC!
  • Options
    Power to the people.
  • Options
    Did they manage to mention Powell's skin colour anywhere in the article by chance?
  • Options
    Boring.
  • Options
    Well if we literally have 0 money, Kermogant is going to have a tough year.
  • Options
    I know it is boring lifers but just thought i would tell
  • Options
    I suppose Haynes not being offered a new contract was a warning sign. Rather disturbing.
  • Options
    Or maybe it wasn't worth extending his contract when he can only make 20 appearances per season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why can't we just find a bloody buyer for our club who has some a lot of money so all this rubbish can just end!
  • Options
    Give it a rest. Please.
  • Options
    Playing devils advocate. If the budget has been cut and say if Haynes has gone because we asked him to halve his demands and if Wolves are interested or even Brighton would CP go. I think not.
  • Options

Or maybe it wasn't worth extending his contract when he can only make 20 appearances per season.

True. I'd temporarily forgotten we have discussed Haynes in full recently. Still mildly worried about Powell, though....

• Options

Why can't we just find a bloody buyer for our club who has some a lot of money so all this rubbish can just end!

Because if it was that simple, everyone would be doing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can't see it personally , if he 'fought through' all the crap he did last summer or what ever the rumour was , I don't think he will let a budget cut move him on - that said it of course it is a rumour
  • Options
    If we had severe money troubles CP would be the last to leave in my opinion
  • Options

If we had severe money troubles CP would be the last to leave in my opinion

Hope and trust you are right.
  • Options
    Keep calm, promote the youngsters, and carry on.
  • Options
    It's in that highly regarded chip paper " The People " it must be true !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He loves us he has done so much to in his words get our charlton back he wouldnt throw that away however... If were about to go under and 2/3 mill compo would keep us alive he would sacrifice himself. But aint going to happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I heard this a few days ago, plus when he does go he is taking all our remaining senior pros with him. They will be exchanged for a bulk supply of bog rolls as we are out and do not have the funds to replenish our stock, without which we would really be in the brown stuff.
  • Options
    Haha "The People"! I have to admit you got me - I was slightly worried by the thread title, but then... The People... amazing... good one.
  • Options
    If you listened to his words at the last game, you can easily dismiss this as nonsense. Chris is an honourable man with a love of this Club. Yes it is obviously true that we have to start blooding the youngsters, but I find that an exciting thought. Busby's Babes, move aside for Powells Pups !
  • Options
    Why the panic...if it does happen there's plenty of other managers available.
  • Options
    He's on holiday. Can you imagine him sitting next to a pool giving this sort of stuff to a People reporter? Me neither.
  • Options
    It's the silly season guys. The papers don't have much really going on to write about. I'm so confident CP will still be our manager next season, I'll eat my own bollox if he's not.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

It's the silly season guys. The papers don't have much really going on to write about. I'm so confident CP will still be our manager next season, I'll eat my own bollox if he's not.

Can we get a "justgiving" page set up for this - could make a fortune for charity. ;-)
  • Options
    You will need at least two years of extreme Yoga to eat your own Bollox...you'll be very disappointed though as they're pretty tasteless.
  • Options

You will need at least two years of extreme Yoga to eat your own Bollox...you'll be very disappointed though as they're pretty tasteless.

Have you tried nibbling your own then Maybe_baby? :-)

I was thinking more of removing them completely and sauteeing (sp?) them with some onions and mushrooms in a nice cream sauce, served with lime and coriander rice. Other recipes on a postcard please, to.......