Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell going!!??

13»

Comments

• Options

CP is not Charlton however much we like him. Given our current finances we're going to continue struggling on unless our academy unearths its best ever crop.
    Other clubs have more dosh and we have to reign in our spending and work with a smaller squad.
    Hope CP is with us for the long term but who knows?

I think the Fair Play Rules will negate much of what you say in respect to other clubs having more dosh. Most need to reign in their spending. Agree with PA that hardball will come into this close season much more as there are going to be an awful lot of players available right up to the wire as clubs trim spending.

• Options
    Haynes is above average but injured too often. If you could guarantee 35+ games from him, he is worth a better contract but who thinks that would have happened. Not many I'd wager, and that is the problem The issue is, I think other clubs will look at this in the same way and maybe/possibly/hopefully the door is left open for Haynes to get back with a deal the club thinks is right. Then it's up to him to have a season where injuries don't overwhelm and his career is back on track.
  • Options
    Haynes = this years Anyinsah
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

All it needs for these rumours to stop is for SCP to sign a new contract..

He'll need the board to get some lawyers to draft one first!
    Or maybe Pardew's agent !

( Think I read that they actually use the same one !)

• Options
    Things are moving on targets from what i have heard

The players, the mgr , the board members who sanction deals all need a hol and to recharge

Everyone should atleast take a month off imo
  • Options

Haynes released = no money! Haha, you gotta be kidding me. He is an average, injury prone Championship player. Him leaving frees up some wages and even if we bring in an average, non injury prone player we will be better off!

I also think that this close-season may be a different. There may be more reason to play hardball, and wait a bit
    goes against CP saying that he wanted to get his business done early.

Wjat he wants and what he gets are two different things. I remember Murray saying one close season to expect a signing a week for about ten weeks and nothing happened after the statement. Fair Play si going to put a lot of pressure on Clubs and this is going to affect what clubs can offer players released by the Prem, as a result those players will hold out until the bitter end, affecting the whole timing of the transfer market this season.

• Options

Haynes is above average but injured too often. If you could guarantee 35+ games from him, he is worth a better contract but who thinks that would have happened. Not many I'd wager, and that is the problem The issue is, I think other clubs will look at this in the same way and maybe/possibly/hopefully the door is left open for Haynes to get back with a deal the club thinks is right. Then it's up to him to have a season where injuries don't overwhelm and his career is back on track.

If Haynes could be guaranteed to play 35 matches a season then he'd be playing in the premiership. He came to Charlton because we took a risk on a player who had a bad history with injuries.

I'd presume that the club will have consulted expert medical advice to see if (as with Andy Reid) his problem could be fixed. If this happened then I'd assume that the prognosis was not good.
  • Options
    In less than 50 words and with limited emotion, can someone explain this fairplay thing. I have passed it by.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

In less than 50 words and with limited emotion, can someone explain this fairplay thing. I have passed it by.

There was a good article in the last Trust magazine.

http://www.castrust.org/news/newsletters/