Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brazil v England, 2nd June, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    Why are they playing with an orange ball, are they expecting snow?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

meldrew66 said:

Gutted for Darren Bent that he is not even in the picture here. Travesty.

Darren needed that elusive move to one of the big boys for his international career to lift off. His time at Spurs was a disaster and for whatever reason Harry didn't like him. I genuinely believe that if one of the big boys had taken him on he would have fifty caps by now.

He has had plenty of chances at a series of Premiership clubs and for England. He simply is not as good as a lot of Rosé-tinted-spectacle wearing Charlton fans want to believe.
    Bents EPL record is 240 games, 102 goals. Think you need to get your spectacles repaired.
  • Options
    latest score ... USA 2 v Germany 0
  • Options
    Watching the game on OSN here in Dubai. Alan Shearer, Trevor Francis & Ray Wilkins are all agreed that England are devoid of quality attacking or goalscoring players thanks to the Premier League & that we have no chance of winning a trophy for the next 10-15 years. Must say I totally agree with them.
  • Options
    Wonder if Julio Cesar is the first championship player to play for Brazil
  • Options
    Orange ball, soft focus camera in the sun, it looks like 1970 !
  • Options

Watching the game on OSN here in Dubai. Alan Shearer, Trevor Francis & Ray Wilkins are all agreed that England are devoid of quality attacking or goalscoring players thanks to the Premier League & that we have no chance of winning a trophy for the next 10-15 years. Must say I totally agree with them.

we didn't win much with those 'experts' in the team as I recall .. Wilkins .. the human crab .. great going sideways
  • Options
    Talal said:

Wonder if Julio Cesar is the first championship player to play for Brazil

Juninho ?

• Options
    edited June 2013

we didn't win much with those 'experts' in the team as I recall .. Wilkins .. the human crab .. great going sideways
    And still very proud of his sideways pass that helped to set up that John Barnes goal !
  • Options

And still very proud of his sideways pass that helped to set up that John Barnes goal !
    you think? .. only left Barnes with 5 players to beat .. still at least Wilkins passed to a fellow Englishman .. (:->)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

• Options

you think? .. only left Barnes with 5 players to beat .. still at least Wilkins passed to a fellow Englishman .. (:->)
    Ha ha, his pass was much further back in the build up than that. He received it from the keeper and passed it to somebody else who lumped it up for Mark Hateley to win a header, control the ball & slip it to Barnes. He was joking I think.
  • Options
    We're lucky to have Glen Johnson, such a classy defender
  • Options
    Our players look shit scared

I can understand conserving energy when we don't have the ball but all I've seen us do with it, is Hart send it 70 yards long and we lose it.
  • Options
    noel fieldmouse ‏@noelfielding11 6m
    Why are Brazil so much more fun than us? Even their ball is glamorous x

noel fieldmouse ‏@noelfielding11 6m
    Like a big satsuma x
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mention of Hateley .. snap .. Uncle Roy should have picked Carroll, the 'new Hateley' .. Hateley junior gave the Brazilians a lot of problems .. but it was almost 30 years ago !! .. the last time ANY European team won in Brazil according to the commentators
  • Options

meldrew66 said:

Darren needed that elusive move to one of the big boys for his international career to lift off. His time at Spurs was a disaster and for whatever reason Harry didn't like him. I genuinely believe that if one of the big boys had taken him on he would have fifty caps by now.

He has had plenty of chances at a series of Premiership clubs and for England. He simply is not as good as a lot of Rosé-tinted-spectacle wearing Charlton fans want to believe.
    Bents EPL record is 240 games, 102 goals. Think you need to get your spectacles repaired.
    Just looked at his wiki page. Don't think he could be accused of being a prolific scorer! Since he left Charlton he has only got to double figures in one season I think. Despite always being his side's main penalty taker.
  • Options

mention of Hateley .. snap .. Uncle Roy should have picked Carroll, the 'new Hateley' .. Hateley junior gave the Brazilians a lot of problems .. but it was almost 30 years ago !! .. the last time ANY European team won in Brazil according to the commentators

Carroll is injured.
  • Options
    from the looks of it, Joe is getting a bit of a workout today.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Carroll is injured.
    is he? .. I wasn't being entirely serious in advocating his selection
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oscar deserves a fucking Oscar .. little f***er
  • Options
    How good was that by hulk a little back heel
  • Options
    I thought we done ok in possession against Ireland but tonight has been Sunday league level.

No excuse for our complete lack of ball retention no matter who the opposition.
  • Options
    Walcott needs to score there
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    so far so good
  • Options
    Chiles's black rucksack the highlight of the coverage so far
  • Options
    edited June 2013

meldrew66 said:

Just looked at his wiki page. Don't think he could be accused of being a prolific scorer! Since he left Charlton he has only got to double figures in one season I think. Despite always being his side's main penalty taker.
    I'm aware you're on the wind up but I suggest you go back and have another look. Blokes record stands up against everyone except the very best.
  • Options
    We are most definitely analogue. When will we receive the digital switch-over, before the finals next summer? (if we qualify).

Seriously, we've struggled to play out of the back against their full court press. A 0-0 battering, but still 0-0. We look like a lower league team away to a Premier League team in the FA Cup.