Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relocate the away fans?

I may be the only one here, but I dont like having the away fans behind a goal. I feel that having the away team attacking a goal with their fans behind it can give them an advantage, act like a "12th man" for them. Seeing a ton of late goals scored by away teams in front of their fans last season is the evidence of this for me, although our defence didnt help at times either!

Many away grounds Ive been to have put the away fans in one of the stands running along the sides of the pitch, which means the home team is attacking a goal with their own fans behind it in both halfs. Im not sure what would work best, maybe give up half of the West Stand to away supporters and try and fill as much of the Jimmy Seed stand with our own as possible.

Just a thought but I think it would make for an interesting discussion at least.

Comments

• Options
    Easier to police if they are all in one stand. Would be harder if you had 2 sets in 1 stand.
  • Options
    Not only the position behind the goal but the Jimmy Seed has some great acoustics, it's a shame when the Covered End is drowned out by 1000 seated Huddersfield fans
  • Options
    Jolly unsporting chaps.
  • Options
    yeah... Its been looked at a lot, Pardew raised it as well.. But the cops arent interested ... would raise the cost of a matchday fro the club, so that means its a no basically ...
  • Options
    Sorry but we've done this discussion so many times.

It's not practical for so many reasons, it been discussed by the Fans Forum and the Club and others have explained the reasons so many times.

Not going to happen.
  • Options

It's not practical for so many reasons, it been discussed by the Fans Forum and the Club and others have explained the reasons so many times.

Not going to happen.

Soooo people think its a good idea, its just the powers that be who wont allow it?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Not going to happen.

Soooo people think its a good idea, its just the powers that be who wont allow it?
    People think it's a good idea but it cant happen because of restrictions, until we finish the ground as per the original plans (now updated).
  • Options
    It's like groundhog day

It's like groundhog day

It's like groundhog day

It's like groundhog day
  • Options
    People agree it's a good idea but in practise it will not be worth the policing costs and other additional costs.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Not going to happen.

No, not what I said at all.

Some people, not all, think it might be a good idea but most have never thought about the cost and other implications and problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would many home fans choose to sit in the Jimmy Seed if away fans were moved? Not sure I would.
  • Options

Would many home fans choose to sit in the Jimmy Seed if away fans were moved? Not sure I would.

And that's one of the probllems.

Fans who suggest this are often happy to move other fans from their long time seats in the East and West stands but won't move themselves and don't know if anyone else would. The facilities in the JS are worse than the rest of the ground (even with the newly built kiosk).
  • Options
    Change the badge, move the away end, play in blue. Sorted.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

You forgot run out to "simply the best". : - )
  • Options
    I'm not going to add anything constructive either
  • Options
    Only time I got into trouble with the OB was at Forest, 15 years ago (that Van Hooydonck!).
    We were seated in the lower part of a stand and the natives would pelt us with coins and other items from above us;
    OB only interested in our reaction and dragged some of us out. Crap team, crap ground, crap fans and crap policing.
    So no, let's keep the JS for the away fans until the Premier League is graced by our arrival and we redevelop that stand.
  • Options
    Loco said:

CAFCTrev said:

Not going to happen.

People think it's a good idea but it cant happen because of restrictions, until we finish the ground as per the original plans (now updated).
    There are updated plans to upgrade the Valley?

Are we talking about the plans that were originally unveiled back in 2005?

• Options
    Croydon said:

Not only the position behind the goal but the Jimmy Seed has some great acoustics, it's a shame when the Covered End is drowned out by 1000 seated Huddersfield fans

Indeed. So how about the North upper chaps relocating to the lower so any noise generated is not swallowed up at the back.
  • Options
    Give them directions to the New Den...
  • Options
    We won't be doing any building work at The Valley for the foreseeable future. Richard Murray - Bromley Addicks May 2013.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

Indeed. So how about the North upper chaps relocating to the lower so any noise generated is not swallowed up at the back.
    I've got a better idea. Lets put the away fans in the North Upper and move those fellas to the South with the better acoustics. Job done. Everyones happy.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Croydon said:

I've got a better idea. Lets put the away fans in the North Upper and move those fellas to the South with the better acoustics. Job done. Everyones happy.

Sacrilege.
  • Options

Not going to happen.

Never stopped us discussing subjects before. By the way what school did you go to.

• Options
    edited June 2013

Off_it said:

Croydon said:

Sacrilege.
    Agree. It's not called the South stand : - )

But seriously, why is it OK to move fans from the East or West be not the newer north upper?

All ways someone else who has to move
    Kap10 said:

Not going to happen.

Never stopped us discussing subjects before. By the way what school did you go to.

How about worst Charlton team ever or why is our away support so good? Or which team do you hate most?

Then why Parky was a genius, are we broke? and by then the season will have started

: - )
  • Options
    Off_it said:

If you move the away end, you might not be able to see the pitch,,,just a thought :-)

• Options
    Think they should remove the roof of the JS or at the very least sound proof it. ;-)
  • Options
    Upper west, send em there then we can have own fans in jimmy seed
  • Options
    cafcjoe said:

Really? Sorry but you've not really thought that one through.

Can you imagine the secregation issues getting fans in and out let alone during the game when you have 3000k Leeds/Millwall/whoever fans sitting behind the press box and above Charlton fans?

All to free up a stand I doubt many fans want to sit in anyway.
  • Options

cafcjoe said:

Really? Sorry but you've not really thought that one through.

Can you imagine the secregation issues getting fans in and out let alone during the game when you have 3000k Leeds/Millwall/whoever fans sitting behind the press box and above Charlton fans?

All to free up a stand I doubt many fans want to sit in anyway.
    I imagine it was not a sincere post...
  • Options
    They will only be moved if we ever fill in the SE Corner and rebuild the Jimmy Seed.

So never