Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, how much do you think Powell earns ?

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

Im really not fussed, how much do you earn?

Footballers' and football managers' salaries are often public knowledge as they work in a version of the public domain.

It would have been rude of me to ask Powell the question directly so I didn't.

If you want to start a thread asking people to speculate how much I earn then crack on.
    Maybe it's a British thing, but I don't care how much CP earns.

I hope he is happy working for Charlton and money whilst important to pay the bills is not the main driver in his life.

Where do you stop, do we need to know his inside leg measurement , whether he uses Lynx or Tescos own brand shower gel , or what colour shoes he wears on Tuesday.

Although I indirectly contribute to his salary, whether he does the job for free or earns 10 grand a week, it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, and I find it rude and uncomfortable discussing it, sorry.
  • Options
    Then don't.
  • Options
    In order I would say;

34" inside leg
    Nivea shower gel
    Brown shoes
  • Options
    Actually make that 32” inside leg
  • Options
    Not nearly as much as Eddy Howe at Bournemouth....
  • Options
    If he's on less than 6k a week, I'd be very surprised meself
  • Options
    2k pw
  • Options
    I would imagine he was on £2k a week when he took over from Parky (his first managerial job remember) and since then it's increased to £3/4k with an increase for promotion and I believe his resign.

Don't particularly see the big issue, footballers wages are always discussed publicly and it's part of the territory.
  • Options
    Whatever he earns, its not enough
  • Options
    Not enough and his business!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said Eynsford!
  • Options
    Is he on more than the players?
  • Options
    Or Paul Hart for that matter?
  • Options
    Think Paul Hart will be on more than Powell
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Not nearly as much as Eddy Howe at Bournemouth....

I didn't think Eddie was that tall?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Parkinson was the lowest paid manager on 1k p/w this season wasnt he?
    I imagine Powells on a fair few times more than that.

Depends I suppose. He could be pretty low with high performance bonuses, or the complete opposite.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if he gets more than £160K pa, with Dyer on probably about half that.
  • Options
    Managers (unless at the very top clubs) earn less than their players. At least that's always how I imagined it worked.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Im really not fussed, how much do you earn?

Footballers' and football managers' salaries are often public knowledge as they work in a version of the public domain.

It would have been rude of me to ask Powell the question directly so I didn't.

If you want to start a thread asking people to speculate how much I earn then crack on.
    Maybe it's a British thing, but I don't care how much CP earns.

I hope he is happy working for Charlton and money whilst important to pay the bills is not the main driver in his life.

Where do you stop, do we need to know his inside leg measurement , whether he uses Lynx or Tescos own brand shower gel , or what colour shoes he wears on Tuesday.

Although I indirectly contribute to his salary, whether he does the job for free or earns 10 grand a week, it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, and I find it rude and uncomfortable discussing it, sorry.
    Could he compete with Claude Makelele in the manhood department?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

Managers (unless at the very top clubs) earn less than their players. At least that's always how I imagined it worked.

Usually true, I think. More odd to have non football execs earning more than the manager, though, as I believe was the case with Waggott/Parkinson.

Still, I read that Garry Cook at Man City was on £1.6m as chief exec before being terminated for mistakenly sending his cancer email to a player's mother. He had previously welcomed Uwe Rosler to Manchester United's Hall of Fame by mistake, and does not seem to have been very good value for money there, judging from David Conn's book on the club. He was formerly in charge of marketing at Nike.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Funniest thing I've seen all week. I presume you're joking ?
  • Options
    I think its wrong that players earn more than the manager. Surely it just undermines the manager.
  • Options

I think its wrong that players earn more than the manager. Surely it just undermines the manager.

Another example of the skewed world of football finance.

• Options

Rob62 said:

Nope
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

Nope
    On what grounds then?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

Nope
    On what grounds then?
    I wouldn't be surprised. I'd imagine on the grounds of experience and the fact he is a 'director' as opposed to a 'manager'.
  • Options
    Hmm, so you think the head of our academy gets paid more than the manager ?
    I can't understand the thinking process here. If that's the case why don't all managers quit & look for jobs running the youth set ups ?
  • Options

Hmm, so you think the head of our academy gets paid more than the manager ?
    I can't understand the thinking process here. If that's the case why don't all managers quit & look for jobs running the youth set ups ?

Because Paul hart is at the end of his career and has proven expertise in what he does, whereas Powell is at the beginning of his with one year of success.
  • Options
    He has also been in demand and we have kept him from Forest, that isn't from a deep seated love of charlton.