Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, how much do you think Powell earns ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rob62 said:

He has also been in demand and we have kept him from Forest, that isn't from a deep seated love of charlton.

You know for a fact that he was offered a job at Forest?

At the time it was mooted here that he would be offered a job, (therefore it became "fact") but there was no evidence in the real world that he was either considered or even that he applied. If you look at his recent career as a manager I can see exactly why he'd prefer a decently well paid job in charge of our academy that gives him considerably less stress.

• Options

SCP is on prolly two thirds of what his next job will pay him , when he moves to a club that is gonna go places rather than standstill

(Btw I'm happy for us to standstill for a few years of solidity but I'm not sure Sir Chris will be)

What if CAFC is going places (again) next season and he gets a 50% increase on whatever he has been on? Everyone happy then?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Depends to what places we're heading ..........
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Hmm, so you think the head of our academy gets paid more than the manager ?
    I can't understand the thinking process here. If that's the case why don't all managers quit & look for jobs running the youth set ups ?

Because Paul hart is at the end of his career and has proven expertise in what he does, whereas Powell is at the beginning of his with one year of success.
    The tea lady's been down Sparrows Lane for 20 plus years. I suppose she earns more than Powell as well :-).
  • Options

Rob62 said:

I can't understand the thinking process here. If that's the case why don't all managers quit & look for jobs running the youth set ups ?

Because Paul hart is at the end of his career and has proven expertise in what he does, whereas Powell is at the beginning of his with one year of success.
    The tea lady's been down Sparrows Lane for 20 plus years. I suppose she earns more than Powell as well :-).
    Think the club place more importance on developing youngsters than making tea :)
  • Options

I didn't say I agreed with it. If I had my way managers would be on the highest wage, first team players all on the same wage with appearance based bonuses etc. But it doesn't work like that.
  • Options
    I'll agree to differ :-)
  • Options
    His contract's only got a year to go, surely more of a concern than what he earns?
  • Options

I think its wrong that players earn more than the manager. Surely it just undermines the manager.

In a normal job yes, but football isn't normal. And you could argue that at most clubs the star player(s) are more important than the manager anyway.
  • Options
    Can see how it can be rude, but considering football players/managers wages are usually common knowledge dont think it is in this istance.

I'd guess @ 4.5k a week
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob62 said:

That's a vending machine in a dress, idiot!

;-)