Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nelson Mandela

Doesn't sound good for him.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like he is playing on the roof. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22824988
  • Options
    Doctor: Mr Mandela, this machine is keeping you alive. While this is happening, a celebrity from across the globe is reaching out to celebrate your life and your struggles.

Madela: wonderful. And what is this inspired character doing exactly ?

Doctor: he is running 26 marathons in 26 days to highlight the indignity and unjust of your years in captivity.

Mandela: this is truly truly a great person. Who is this man ?

Doctor: Eddie Izzard sir

Mandela: who ?

Doctor: Eddie Izzard. A British comedian.

Mandela: ah, I think I know. I saw him once and to be honest I didn't think he was funny. However, we can find a way to work with it. Do we know anything else about him ?

Doctor: He's a cross dresser

Mandela: As in a man who likes to dress like a girl ? What is wrong with these people ??? It is not an ideal situation at all, however I'm sure we can make the most of it. Do we know anything else about him ?

Doctor: He supports Crystal Palace Football Cl...

Mandela: Pull dat plug. PULL DAT FECKIN PLUG !
  • Options
    That's not exactly in good taste, is it?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    Yeah I reckon 'ol `Madiba' could be on his way out this time. I've got an ex work mate who now lives back home in Durban and he says the country is bracing itself for the worst. I think we're going to see global grieving levels that'll make Princess Dianas' death look like kids play tbh.
  • Options
    one of the best protest songs too (the specials version)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcTvoWjZJU&feature=player_detailpage
  • Options
    I hope the same rules will be applied on CL, and are observed by all, as were when Lady Thatcher died.
  • Options

Yeah I reckon 'ol `Madiba' could be on his way out this time. I've got an ex work mate who now lives back home in Durban and he says the country is bracing itself for the worst. I think we're going to see global grieving levels that'll make Princess Dianas' death look like kids play tbh.

And probably one of the few people around who might actually deserve it (grieving).
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I hope the same rules will be applied on CL, and are observed by all, as were when Lady Thatcher died.

But they weren't observed were they? There will always be idiots whatever is asked by the hosts.
    I really don't see the need for any RIP/Tribute/Death announcement threads on here apart from CAFC linked well known figures.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

But they weren't observed were they? There will always be idiots whatever is asked by the hosts.
    Hmmm...I don't think Mandella is as divisive figure as Thatcher
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Err, he's not died yet
  • Options

Err, he's not died yet

True. But the way they are reporting it it seems like its going to be sooner rather than later - in which case your "joke" might appear a bit crass (or more crass, depending on your point of view).

Up to you of course. It's your ball.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A truly great human being, but you can't last forever. Although he is not ostensibly in power, he is a great icon and example for the South African people of all colours, tribes and races as well as political persuasions. When he goes some chaos may reign, even greater chaos than is the case now. I hope you recover soon Mr Mandela, whatever, you will be remembered forever
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I really don't see the need for any RIP/Tribute/Death announcement threads on here apart from CAFC linked well known figures.
    Except in this case where it's one of the hosts that has muddied the waters.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Hmmm...I don't think Mandella is as divisive figure as Thatcher
    Perhaps not but my point stands.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

True. But the way they are reporting it it seems like its going to be sooner rather than later - in which case your "joke" might appear a bit crass (or more crass, depending on your point of view).

Don't go on, its a light hearted joke at Izzard, not at Mandela. Probably not funny, but most of my jokes are never as funny as I think they are !

If people are truly offended then I'll remove it.

• Options
    I think I've got him folks!
  • Options
    Congratulations
  • Options
    Life is all about small victories. And they don't come much smaller than you.
    ;-)
  • Options

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

Don't go on, its a light hearted joke at Izzard, not at Mandela. Probably not funny, but most of my jokes are never as funny as I think they are !

AFKA .. you of all posters should know that you cant please them all , all of the time ..keep it here .. your comment/joke was not in the best of taste, but quite apt and amusing in a gallows way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

I did wonder why a south African was talking in a Caribbean accent ("Dat" )
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with gallows humor when my Missus was having a life saving operation the senior surgeon accidentally put a sheet over her face . Kept the morale up
  • Options
    nolly said:

Nothing wrong with gallows humor when my Missus was having a life saving operation the senior surgeon accidentally put a sheet over her face . Kept the morale up

nice one nolly :~)
  • Options
    Had some laughs over me kidney transplant!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

gravy with that sir?
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

gravy with that sir?
    Not that old chestnut
  • Options

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

He' a big fan of Pluto Shervington.
  • Options
    Afka, keep it up mate, thats one of your best in 37 years :)
  • Options
    Did he only start telling jokes when he turned 10 then?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

He' a big fan of Pluto Shervington.
    I get it, Lookie will get it. AFKA will have no idea what you're talking about : - )