Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nelson Mandela

Comments

• Options

Stig said:

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

True. But the way they are reporting it it seems like its going to be sooner rather than later - in which case your "joke" might appear a bit crass (or more crass, depending on your point of view).

Up to you of course. It's your ball.
    Don't go on, its a light hearted joke at Izzard, not at Mandela. Probably not funny, but most of my jokes are never as funny as I think they are !

If people are truly offended then I'll remove it.

I did wonder why a south African was talking in a Caribbean accent ("Dat" )
    He' a big fan of Pluto Shervington.
    I get it, Lookie will get it. AFKA will have no idea what you're talking about : - )

AFKA ain't the only one!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Stig said:

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

True. But the way they are reporting it it seems like its going to be sooner rather than later - in which case your "joke" might appear a bit crass (or more crass, depending on your point of view).

Don't go on, its a light hearted joke at Izzard, not at Mandela. Probably not funny, but most of my jokes are never as funny as I think they are !

I get it, Lookie will get it. AFKA will have no idea what you're talking about : - )

AFKA ain't the only one!
    Surprised. Thought you were a bit of a skinhead in your youth : - )
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Stig said:

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

AFKA ain't the only one!
    Still in me youth!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Stig said:

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

AFKA ain't the only one!
    Still in me youth!
    Now that is funny : - )
  • Options
    cheers bloodnut
  • Options

Doctor: Mr Mandela, this machine is keeping you alive. While this is happening, a celebrity from across the globe is reaching out to celebrate your life and your struggles.

Madela: wonderful. And what is this inspired character doing exactly ?

Doctor: he is running 26 marathons in 26 days to highlight the indignity and unjust of your years in captivity.

Mandela: this is truly truly a great person. Who is this man ?

Doctor: Eddie Izzard sir

Mandela: who ?

Doctor: Eddie Izzard. A British comedian.

Mandela: ah, I think I know. I saw him once and to be honest I didn't think he was funny. However, we can find a way to work with it. Do we know anything else about him ?

Doctor: He's a cross dresser

Mandela: As in a man who likes to dress like a girl ? What is wrong with these people ??? It is not an ideal situation at all, however I'm sure we can make the most of it. Do we know anything else about him ?

Doctor: He supports Crystal Palace Football Cl...

Mandela: Pull dat plug. PULL DAT FECKIN PLUG !

Off_it said:

Err, he's not died yet

I'm offended...and now questioning the removal of my last two threads that were regarding a racist comment and how best to handle it...others also wondered why it was removed. I have never made a negative comment about the forum or any member so please explain as I try to see the best in everyone.
  • Options
    Why would that offend you??!!
  • Options
    How the fuk can a joke aimed at eddie izzard offend anyone

This place gets more crazy daily
  • Options
    Popcorn and Diet Coke!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

Because if it was an old Charlton hero that was at deaths door, I imagine no joke how ever inoffensive would have been posted.

ps. Yes I do get that it's a pee take on Eddie Izzard.

• Options

Because if it was an old Charlton hero that was at deaths door, I imagine no joke how ever inoffensive would have been posted.

Come on, surely you can't be offended by everything, you aren't a Scouser now are you ?
  • Options
    It's a
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Come on, surely you can't be offended by everything, you aren't a Scouser now are you ?
    How dare you. He's a pot smoking ex con & ex vagrant (according to him).
  • Options
    It's another one that will divide the people, some will dance and cheer, some will mourn him.

http://plaintruthmagazine.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/crimes-of-terrorist-nelson-mandela.html

I expect the roles of dancer and mourner will be the exact reverse of Maggie Thatchers.
  • Options
    I'm not Stephen Fry's biggest fan, but...

• Options

se9addick said:

Ex convict...where did you get that one from?

• Options
    edited June 2013

se9addick said:

You about a week ago.
  • Options

se9addick said:

You about a week ago.
    Please cut and paste anything that says I was or am a convict...if you can't find anything I don't need an apology as we all make mistakes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

se9addick said:

You about a week ago.
    Please cut and paste anything that says I was or am a convict...if you can't find anything I don't need an apology as we all make mistakes.
    maybe_baby Member
    May 23
    Dizzle said:
    Alot of conversion in prison. A LOT

When I was in prison in the seventies, there weren't any muslims, but the ratio of Christians to non believers was about 2-1. many had found God post incarceration.

So what are you? Ex-con, Ex- screw or simply a fantasist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear
  • Options
    Riviera said:

se9addick said:

You about a week ago.
    maybe_baby Member
    May 23
    Dizzle said:

When I was in prison in the seventies, there weren't any muslims, but the ratio of Christians to non believers was about 2-1. many had found God post incarceration.

• Options
    Riviera said:

se9addick said:

You about a week ago.
    maybe_baby Member
    May 23
    Dizzle said:

I went to prison for £144 unpaid child support. Because debt is a civil offence I have no criminal record. My ex had remarried plus I hadn't had access to my children for some years, but due to her not revealing her new marital status I was wrongly imprisoned which was pointed out when I attended my post prison court hearing. I got a verbal apology and told I could seek compensation. As I found my short stay enlightening and educational I really couldnt be bothered with all that who's to blame stuff. Mistakes are made, we are all human. Just to reiterate, you are only a criminal if you have a criminal record...I don't have one.
  • Options
    Fantasist then........
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Fantasist then........

What a strange thing to say after such a detailed explanation.

• Options
    Well maybe (_baby) not as strange as your lack of detail earlier.

"When I was in prison (for a civil offence I hasten to add, and it was an error) in the seventies......"

"When I was in prison in the seventies......" By just saying that, maybe(_baby) you want people to think -Hmmm old maybe_baby's a bit of a dark horse. Been in prison eh? In the seventies, could have an armed robber, terrorist or even a murderer!

Fantasist.
  • Options
    You cant dig this guy out over what he posted as a fantasist the is a difference between going to prison and being a con

A con as it implies is a convict a convict will have a criminal record for ever if for whatever reason you go to jail and are then released due to a mistake or you were held on remand and cleared of all charges you aint a convict therefor not a con

Accepted the original post by maybe was misleading and could easily have been taken as they had a criminal record

But after the explanation given which imo was needed to put the issue to bed it should ebd there

Maybe when u post dont smoke your dope before hand as you may remember what u post
  • Options
    I never called him a con, ex or otherwise.
  • Options
    Never said u did

I said he cant be called a fantasist when his defence was that he was never a con as was insinuated

• Options
    edited June 2013
    And I stick by my anylisis.

When I was in prison........

If you're going to get all upset if someone thinks you are an Ex criminal, don't intimate as much.