Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milkman

do they still exist ?cant say i have seen milk floats etc for yonks.

Comments

• Options
    Seen a couple up town near Holborn where I work. Not seen any around where I live these days though.

Funnily enough, just looked out of the window and saw a rag & bone man with a proper horse and cart and was going to ask when was the last time anyone saw one of those?!
  • Options
    bet he had a "no one likes us" on the back of his cart
  • Options
    yes, got one who comes down my road.
  • Options
    We have one down our road.
  • Options
    We have one and he's a randy old sod. I heard he'd had every woman in our street bar one. When I told my wife this she said "I bet it's that snooty cow at No.34....

We do have one in Eltham Park.
  • Options
    The depot is still going in Baring Road I think GH pal!
  • Options
    Milk float hit my car the other week. Made an insurance claim against him. Felt a bit bad as milkmen don't seem to have much luck nowadays.
  • Options

Milk float hit my car the other week. Made an insurance claim against him. Felt a bit bad as milkmen don't seem to have much luck nowadays.

Was he overtaking you ?
  • Options

Was he overtaking you ?
    Good one. He had parked in the middle of the road next to my car outside my house. I opened my door and was getting in and he drove off and hit the open door. I now have to slam the door shut and the electric windows no longer work.

As I said I felt a bit bad about putting the claim in against him but he was stupid to park in the middle of the road and not looking when he drove off.
  • Options
    One on my road got robbed early Saturday morning by a group of do as you likeys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We get ours delivered by Dairy Crest and pay online
  • Options
    Played golf with a milkman the other week. He was in his late 50s, at a guess. Milkman must be the perfect job for a golfer.
  • Options

Yeah, but that's in Norfolk, it probably an horse pulling it!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Did you write 'an horse' because you pronounce it 'an 'orse'?
  • Options
    Still have one in deepest Essex but he uses a flatbed Transit rather than one of those electric things. Stopped using the service when the delivery time became too unreliable and the milk got left out all day and either went off or the blue tits broke through the tops and left nasty dirty bits off the beaks floating around on the surface of the milk - yukkie!
  • Options
    Still have one every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
  • Options
    We have a milkman
  • Options

Still have one every Monday, Wednesday and Friday

What, a milkman?
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

*had a

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Played golf with a milkman the other week. He was in his late 50s, at a guess. Milkman must be the perfect job for a golfer.

Will let Tiger know!

; )
  • Options

Was he overtaking you ?
    Good one. He had parked in the middle of the road next to my car outside my house. I opened my door and was getting in and he drove off and hit the open door. I now have to slam the door shut and the electric windows no longer work.

As I said I felt a bit bad about putting the claim in against him but he was stupid to park in the middle of the road and not looking when he drove off.
    Sorry about that.

There is a milkman in our road, but he only delivers to a couple of houses.
  • Options
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

I may be mistaken here, but isn't that one of those quirks of English that it's correct to use 'an' before a word beginning with h (Regardless of how it's pronounced)?
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

I may be mistaken here, but isn't that one of those quirks of English that it's correct to use 'an' before a word beginning with h (Regardless of how it's pronounced)?
    Yeah, that's what I thought ....

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Yeah, I was only messing.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

It's based on pronunciation. The word hour is pronounced with a silent "H" and sounds like "our" when spoken, while horse for example is pronounced with a harder "H". Hence an hour, but a horse.
  • Options
    Then how do you explain 'An historic occasion'?
  • Options
    Something big that happened a long time ago.