Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Milkman

13»

Comments

• We use to have a Toffee Apple man come round Harvey Gardens on the back of one those Tomos scooters (the ones with the peddles)!
  • Been with Milk & More for a couple of weeks. Bloody handy
  • BIG_ROB said:

We use to have a Toffee Apple man come round Harvey Gardens on the back of one those Tomos scooters (the ones with the peddles)!

Toffffeeeee apppppllleeesss

He was blinding Rob a bloke on a peddle scooter used to come all the time in the summer holidays

Had to choose if you got a toffee apple or waited for a popeye from the ice cream man

Certainly depended on how hot it was that
    Day
  • RIP Milkmen
  • BIG_ROB said:

We use to have a Toffee Apple man come round Harvey Gardens on the back of one those Tomos scooters (the ones with the peddles)!

Toffffeeeee apppppllleeesss

He was blinding Rob a bloke on a peddle scooter used to come all the time in the summer holidays

Had to choose if you got a toffee apple or waited for a popeye from the ice cream man

Certainly depended on how hot it was that
    Day
    lol That it, he use to wear a Basildon Bond balaclava and an open faced bash hat if I remember righlty.....
  • oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii stop nicking this thread its about the demise of the Milko !!1

PS Cider lollies mmmmmmmmmm
  • Thats him mate

Still have cider lollies in my freezer now mate not the same and i have tried and failed to make my own
  • Remember the toffee apple man from my youth also for awhile cant remember the name of the company used to get fizzy drinks from shite tasting cola and orangeaid in glass bottles.
  • Remember the toffee apple man from my youth also for awhile cant remember the name of the company used to get fizzy drinks from shite tasting cola and orangeaid in glass bottles.

Alpine?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nah think they were based down by the anchor and hope
  • edited June 2013

Remember the toffee apple man from my youth also for awhile cant remember the name of the company used to get fizzy drinks from shite tasting cola and orangeaid in glass bottles.

Mackintoshes used to come round with fizzy drinks in a lorry but you're far too young to remember them, that was when I was a kid!
  • Gallon close mid 80s

Alpine?
    On the Thames Flood Barrier Estate?
  • Im thinking maybe bilco's that ring any bells
  • Im thinking maybe bilco's that ring any bells

Yeah, down behind Macro, me and me pals use to hold onto the back of their van when we were on our bikes! Mental
  • edited June 2013
    So goonerhater, what do you think the demise of the milkman is all about ?

For it to work, you need someone in a household to he at home all day, and prepared to pay a premium for one item they could add to their weekly shop, mainly out of sentiment.

There is enough of that in my surrounding roads to make that viable for a round, but its no real surprise its not widespread, is it ?
  • So goonerhater, what do you think the demise of the milkman is all about ?

For it to work, you need someone in a household to he at home all day, and prepared to pay a premium for one item they could add to their weekly shop, mainly out of sentiment.

There is enough of that in my surrounding roads to make that viable for a round, but its no real surprise its not widespread, is it ?

Not sure who GH blames, but I lay the blame squarely at the door of Tescos, not only for the steady demise if the milky, but also the local butcher/fish monger/fruit & veg man etc! plus they're the ones who nearly put me out if business in my little shop Fookers!
  • Surprised not mentioned that before Rob... Can't blame people for wanting cheaper stuff. And everyone uses milk so if can get 25p a pint then why would you use a milkman. I wouldn't get my paper delivered if twice the price of buying at shop.
  • I dont blame anyone mate (other
    than Ken Livingston,DianeAbbot---all Goonershit supporters and lefy/commies who of course are always to blame).

I leave for work early in the mornings and the other morning when the sun was coming up over Kidbrooke ithought" i wonder why you dont see Milkos anymore?

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013

I dont blame anyone mate (other
    than Ken Livingston,DianeAbbot---all Goonershit supporters and lefy/commies who of course are always to blame).

I leave for work early in the mornings and the other morning when the sun was coming up over Kidbrooke ithought" i wonder why you dont see Milkos anymore?

any milko in Kidbrooke is in danger of getting mugged for his dinner/milk money (:->)
  • What was the name of the frozen food place near macro? We used to do all our shopping there remember a old fella with white hair in a brown coat and they didnt have bags so u used left over boxes. Before asda opened we shopped there and the shop in woolwixh which is now a gym and murrays meat market sat night meat auction with my dad...
  • What was the name of the frozen food place near macro? We used to do all our shopping there remember a old fella with white hair in a brown coat and they didnt have bags so u used left over boxes. Before asda opened we shopped there and the shop in woolwixh which is now a gym and murrays meat market sat night meat auction with my dad...

Bejam?
  • Yeah, did the have a balloon thing in the shape of an airship?
  • Bloody hell yeah forgot bout that.