Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC "Club Day", Sunday 21st July.

Comments

• Options
    The special day takes place from 10am-4pm on Sunday, July 21st and the entire family is welcome to join in the fun and have a great day out.

The day begins at 10am when the stadium doors open, and supporters are asked to enter via Harvey Gardens.

Taster tours will run every 15 minutes, priced £5 adults and £3U18s, and must be pre-booked. These go on sale from the commercial centre on 0871 226 1905 at 9am on Tuesday and, with limited availability, will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

From 10-11.30am, fans will be able to enjoy guided tours around the ground, and from 12.30-1.30pm, the club’s players will be training on the pitch.

Admittance to the training event is strictly by invitation only to 2013/14 season-ticket holders, who must bring and show the invitations sent out with their season-ticket booklets to gain entry along with one guest.

Those supporters who have been lucky enough to win a golden ticket to join the first team on the pitch during the training session will be notified via email by 5pm on Thursday, and will need to confirm that they are going to participate.

From 3-3.30pm, there will be two question-and-answer sessions featuring manager Chris Powell and the players.

Fans who wish to attend should register their interest by emailing clubday2013@cafc.co.uk. Space will be limited for this event, so supporters are urged to reply as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment.

A second Q&A session has been arranged solely for Young Addicks members, and again ticket numbers are limited.

Young Addicks can be accompanied by one adult, and interest can also be registered via clubday2013@cafc.co.uk. Spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.

Throughout the day, the Charlton Community Trust will be on hand with a range of games, while club shirt sponsor Andrews Sykes will also be present plus with a funfair for younger supporters.

What’s more, fans will also have their first opportunity to buy the new Addicks white away kit and the 2012/13 Season Highlights DVD.

Food and drink will be widely available, but due to the entertainment planned throughout the west-stand car park, no parking will be available. Parking around the ground is also expected to be limited.

The commercial centre will be open from 10am-2pm for ticket sales and other enquiries.

Supporters with any queries should call Lisa Squires on 020-8333 4075 or email lisa.squires@cafc.co.uk

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130715-club-day-at-the-valley-on-sunday-915975.aspx#79RzGLDfuAi0jUjI.99
  • Options
    My family haven't received our season tickets yet!!
  • Options
    I only have 2 out of my 3
  • Options
    WSS said:

If anybody wants my club day ticket for their kid let me know and I'll throw it in the post. I'm running around the Olympic Park next Sunday.

Am I not allowed to take my son if he doesn't have a ticket?

If not I won't be able to go as my wife is our for the day and my son doesn't have a season ticket this season.
  • Options
    Read my post above, it's pretty clear, that you can.
  • Options
    Thanks, I didn't read your post until I'd written mine.
  • Options
    No season tickets yet, so may well not be going to this at all!
  • Options
    what's the difference between the 'taster tours' costing £5 and the standard 'guided tours' or are they one and the same thing?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

what's the difference between the 'taster tours' costing £5 and the standard 'guided tours' or are they one and the same thing?

No. A standard tour is given by Kevin Nolan and lasts more than an hour.
  • Options
    So it says my card allows me to bring a guest?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what I understand and have gleaned from the club...
    1. Taster tours will be cut-down versions of the full stadium tour and must be booked (ie they ARE the guided tour mentioned on the website but NOT the stadium tour available at other times)
    2. The 'guest' will be admitted to the stuff outside in the car park but the first team training in the stadium is season ticket holders ONLY

• Options
    Wont bother if
    CatAddick said:

From what I understand and have gleaned from the club...
    1. Taster tours will be cut-down versions of the full stadium tour and must be booked (ie they ARE the guided tour mentioned on the website but NOT the stadium tour available at other times)
    2. The 'guest' will be admitted to the stuff outside in the car park but the first team training in the stadium is season ticket holders ONLY

will not bother is point 2 is the case. Does anyone know if this is correct? Also as anyone emailed regarding the Q&A with CP? If so have you had a response?

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Season ticket holders can take 1 guest into the training.

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Season ticket holders can take 1 guest into the training.

Cheers.
  • Options
    I have emailed the club to ask them to confirm that children will be allowed entrance if they don't have a season ticket.

I'm getting quite excited, the invite promises new signings. If we assume that Gower is one of those (even though he was with us last season) that means that we will be signing at least one player between now and Sunday.

Maybe we've signed half a dozen and they will all be introduced on Sunday.

I'm really excited now!
  • Options

I have emailed the club to ask them to confirm that children will be allowed entrance if they don't have a season ticket.

I'm getting quite excited, the invite promises new signings. If we assume that Gower is one of those (even though he was with us last season) that means that we will be signing at least one player between now and Sunday.

I'm really excited now!

Steady on, KHA! Let me know what you think of our new striker, the 6-ft 4-ins Ms Nikki Sinclaire.

• Options

I'm really excited now!

Just to advise, CAFC have confirmed that I take take my 3 year old who hasn't got a season ticket:

"Thanks for getting in touch and great to know that you are coming along to Club Day this Sunday. Although the training session is strictly for season ticket holders and a guest, there won’t be any problems with your three year old being admitted to the ground. If you have any problems on the day, then ask to speak with myself.

Kind regards.

Lisa Sxxxx (they're not kisses - changed, just in case she doesn't want everyone asking for her..)
    Charlton Athletic Football Club"

• Options
    I'm planning to go with Family, but still haven't received our season tickets!!! Going to have to ring the club today. Anybody else not got their tickets yet?
  • Options
    Why cant i understand this?

I can have a tour of the stadium? with my guest?

I get to watch the team train? with my guest?

Has the offer to train with the team (is that even the offer?) expired?

What else am i entitled to?
  • Options
    If you play up front - you can play for the team as we are a bit short in that area!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the full stadium tour the same price as the taster tour or is it free to ticket holder and 1 guest ?
  • Options

I'm planning to go with Family, but still haven't received our season tickets!!! Going to have to ring the club today. Anybody else not got their tickets yet?

I'm in exactly the same situation.
  • Options
    No season ticket so far:-(
  • Options

Is the full stadium tour the same price as the taster tour or is it free to ticket holder and 1 guest ?

I think it's only the taster tour available on the day, running every 15 minutes. I have just booked it for my Grandson and myself - £5 adult, £3 U16 plus £1 booking fee, but they are already getting booked so you may want to do it sooner than later. Was told it was primarily a walk round the pitch and a tour of the boardroom and changing rooms.
  • Options

I'm really excited now!

Just to advise, CAFC have confirmed that I take take my 3 year old who hasn't got a season ticket:

"Thanks for getting in touch and great to know that you are coming along to Club Day this Sunday. Although the training session is strictly for season ticket holders and a guest, there won’t be any problems with your three year old being admitted to the ground. If you have any problems on the day, then ask to speak with myself.

Kind regards.

Lisa Sxxxx (they're not kisses - changed, just in case she doesn't want everyone asking for her..)
    Charlton Athletic Football Club"

Yeah, she emailed me also and told me I could take him in.

I suspect that they didn't think, in advance, about children but then decided that they would allow them in after they'd sent out the invitations. It's the first time they've done this there was always going to be teething problems. I think it will be a great day and hopefully it will become an annual event.
  • Options
    Season tickets arrived today. Thinking about going to this, but have a lot on this Sunday.
  • Options
    I e-mailed the club - customer services yesterday and am still waiting for a reply.
  • Options
    This v's the Ashes and Open Golf.

Looks a dreary line up , so I'll be in front of my tele.
  • Options
    Just won a golden ticket for Sunday
  • Options
    was it in a Wonka bar ??